WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Ouch. He was needed.

At this point Joel lundqvist is a given thanks to his brother.

Is there any swede in boston or winnipeg?

yeah 4th line will be kruger - lundqvist - m.kempe

boston have marcus johansson, nordström. jets have pär lindholm.

johansson is good. we dont need nordström and pär lindholm.

but marcus has no contract.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
we will probaly not get any more quality players.

team will probaly end up looking like this:

Lindblom - Elias - Bratt
Sörensen - A.Kempe - Loui
Rasmussen - Lander - Josefson
Pääjärvi - Kruger - M.Kempe

OEL - Larsson
Gustafsson - M.Pettersson
Hägg - R.Andersson

Lundqvist
Markström
Enroth

Last edited:

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
we will probaly not get any more quality players.

team will probaly end up looking like this:

Lindblom - Elias - Bratt
Sörensen - A.Kempe - Loui
Rasmussen - Lander - Josefson
Pääjärvi - Kruger - M.Kempe

Nashville dudes will save us at some moment in time.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Maybe one or two of these forwards from round one? (not over yet):

Lindholm Arvidsson Forsberg Nyquist Olofsson Hörnqvist Grundström Pääjärvi Sörensen Wallmark Järnkrok

or one of these from round two?

Landeskog Bäckström Karlsson W Söderberg Johnsson Nylander W Sundqvist Steen Wennberg Hagelin Janmark

"Nashville players are not having kids, they are having pizza and taco parties".

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
We can only hope a couple from Nashville will arrive, because this team is weak. I mean sure, they can all play hockey, but oh man... that's a "radhusbiff" kind of lineup instead of "oxfilé". Maybe they can surprise us. Alot of no name players play quite well in the Swedish passing system on big ice, but who am I kidding?

If this kind of lineup wins gold, it would be an upset. When you have Loui Eriksson projected at the 2nd line, you have issues. Forsberg, Arvidsson and Ekholm would be a big upgrade.

Reactions: EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Best case scenario:
Forsberg - Pettersson - Bratt
Arvidsson - Kempe - Lindholm
Sörensen - Lander - Lindblom
Kempe - Krüger - Eriksson
Rasmussen

OEL - Larsson
Gustafsson - Ekholm
Pettersson - Andersson
Hägg

Markström
Lundqvist

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Best case scenario:
Forsberg - Pettersson - Bratt
Arvidsson - Kempe - Lindholm
Sörensen - Lander - Lindblom
Kempe - Krüger - Eriksson
Rasmussen

OEL - Larsson
Gustafsson - Ekholm
Pettersson - Andersson
Hägg

Markström
Lundqvist
What about Zibanejad?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
The guy that makes me really excited to watch this tournament is Elias Pettersson. His skill level is already incredibly high, he can dangle like very few can, his vision is really good and his shot (wrist, snap, slap or one-timer) is extremely good. He should be the main guy to set up for a shot on the PP, heck, he should be the guy to set up in all situations. When he has the puck, good things happen. He will obviously be important to fill the offensive gap when elite players like Zibanejad and Rakell are missing.

He had a rough tournament last year, but he was injured and looked a little bit like he was in a slump. He still scored two beautiful snipe goals. With a season of NHL hockey under his belt, he should be able to be a key player for this team, already at his age. He can become the next Sundin/ Forsberg in his own style. Like a Kent Nilsson with a better shot. His position switch to center should weirdly fit his style of play on big ice.

I'm a huuuge Lundqvist fan, but I'm not happy he joined the team. I can only hope the coaching staff leaves a healthy competition for both Lundqvist and Markström to win the role as the #1 goalie. Lundqvist is still Lundqvist, but Markström was incredible for the Canucks this season and it's about time for Lundqvist to leave the responsibility to other goalies. I still think both are good enough, but even as a fan of Lundqvist, I must give the edge to Markström at this point of their careers. It feels like an I-country problem to whine that two good goalies joined the team though.

I'm also so happy Ekman-Larsson continues to join the national team. His presence is important, because he plays hockey exactly like Swedish hockey wants him to play. We can only hope a guy like Ekholm can share some of his burden, because as it looks now, he should play tons of minutes to give the team some blueline quality. The offensive skills from Swedish D-men are so important to team success.

I'm also really disappointed that Dahlin didn't join the squad. If he's not injured and he wants to play, f*** the advice of his employer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nexon and EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
The guy that makes me really excited to watch this tournament is Elias Pettersson. His skill level is already incredibly high, he can dangle like very few can, his vision is really good and his shot (wrist, snap, slap or one-timer) is extremely good. He should be the main guy to set up for a shot on the PP, heck, he should be the guy to set up in all situations. When he has the puck, good things happen. He will obviously be important to fill the offensive gap when elite players like Zibanejad and Rakell are missing.

He had a rough tournament last year, but he was injured and looked a little bit like he was in a slump. He still scored two beautiful snipe goals. With a season of NHL hockey under his belt, he should be able to be a key player for this team, already at his age. He can become the next Sundin/ Forsberg in his own style. Like a Kent Nilsson with a better shot. His position switch to center should weirdly fit his style of play on big ice.

I'm a huuuge Lundqvist fan, but I'm not happy he joined the team. I can only hope the coaching staff leaves a healthy competition for both Lundqvist and Markström to win the role as the #1 goalie. Lundqvist is still Lundqvist, but Markström was incredible for the Canucks this season and it's about time for Lundqvist to leave the responsibility to other goalies. I still think both are good enough, but even as a fan of Lundqvist, I must give the edge to Markström at this point of their careers. It feels like an I-country problem to whine that two good goalies joined the team though.

I'm also so happy Ekman-Larsson continues to join the national team. His presence is important, because he plays hockey exactly like Swedish hockey wants him to play. We can only hope a guy like Ekholm can share some of his burden, because as it looks now, he should play tons of minutes to give the team some blueline quality. The offensive skills from Swedish D-men are so important to team success.

I'm also really disappointed that Dahlin didn't join the squad. If he's not injured and he wants to play, **** the advice of his employer.
In a sense I think the addition of Lundqvist might make it easier to get other NHL players. However good he is right now, he is still a legend whichever way you put it, and I think players in general would love to be able to say that they have had the fortune of playing with him minding your net.

Reactions: Chimp

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
In a sense I think the addition of Lundqvist might make it easier to get other NHL players. However good he is right now, he is still a legend whichever way you put it, and I think players in general would love to be able to say that they have had the fortune of playing with him minding your net.
I hope you're right and I think you are. The more star players joining, the higher the chance the next star player will join, just because of the star power in the locker room and being among the team. The strength of the lineup and what players are involved are crucial for gaining the confidence from the Nashville trio to join (or wait, even Järnkrok plays for them, right?). That makes it a quadruple of players that will immediately make the team much stronger. Do we even have room for all of them? Should we make room for all of them? Can we make room for all of them after all the scrub joinings?

I'm actually rooting for Dallas to win at this point, hehe. Not only because of the additions from Nashville, but because I'm also a huge Zuccarello fan and he doesn't play for Sweden anyway. Ok, that Nashville has so many good Swedes is also a big part of it, I admit it.

On another note, after watching William Karlsson become a #1 player, after struggling in Carolina, it gives me hope even the small names can do big things when they're given the chance. There's always hope, even if you're a pessimist. It's a whole other thing to play hockey in the system Sweden is playing, compared to the bathtub hockey many NHL franchises play.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I hope you're right and I think you are. The more star players joining, the higher the chance the next star player will join, just because of the star power in the locker room and being among the team. The strength of the lineup and what players are involved are crucial for gaining the confidence from the Nashville trio to join (or wait, even Järnkrok plays for them, right?). That makes it a quadruple of players that will immediately make the team much stronger. Do we even have room for all of them? Should we make room for all of them? Can we make room for all of them after all the scrub joinings?

I'm actually rooting for Dallas to win at this point, hehe. Not only because of the additions from Nashville, but because I'm also a huge Zuccarello fan and he doesn't play for Sweden anyway. Ok, that Nashville has so many good Swedes is also a big part of it, I admit it.

On another note, after watching William Karlsson become a #1 player, after struggling in Carolina, it gives me hope even the small names can do big things when they're given the chance. There's always hope, even if you're a pessimist. It's a whole other thing to play hockey in the system Sweden is playing, compared to the bathtub hockey many NHL franchises play.
Wild Bill played in Columbus, wouldn't really call it struggling since he was a strong defensive PKing bottom 6 center and he wasn't given a chance to show off what he had offensively.

Järnkrok plays for Nashville, but idk if there's a spot for him if Forsvidsson, & E.Lindholm comes unless Grönborg dares scratching Krüger as we'd only have 1 spot left(which should be open for Landeskog/Bäckström/Sundqvist).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad