Team Finland WC 2023

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Since this Denmark game is a meaningless game, I wouldn't mind if Larmi would play 1-2 periods and then the goalie would be swapped to Olkinuora/Heljanko to protect Larmi from injuries. I assume that Larmi is our #1 goalie. That way Larmi would get some warm up, because there's been few days break now and there will be more break days after today.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
In case Finland and Switzerland win against Canada respectively Germany do they meet each other in semifinal? I hope not because my dream final wouldn't become again real.

I'm optimistic for Switzerland. I think this time the Swiss don't let happen the same like last year, also because the opponent is no more USA.

In my opinion it's the more difficult quarterfinal for Finland though Canada is beatable. You may correct me but in my opinion the goalie position isn't this year as strong occupied as in the past years. But of course it's only my subjective opinion, I hope whoever will be in the goal he will punish me lies.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
In case Finland and Switzerland win against Canada respectively Germany do they meet each other in semifinal? I hope not because my dream final wouldn't become again real.

I'm optimistic for Switzerland. I think this time the Swiss don't let happen the same like last year, also because the opponent is no more USA.

In my opinion it's the more difficult quarterfinal for Finland though Canada is beatable. You may correct me but in my opinion the goalie position isn't this year as strong occupied as in the past years. But of course it's only my subjective opinion, I hope whoever will be in the goal he will punish me lies.

I think they re-seed after the QF phase. Switzerland will be #1 seed in the playoffs if they take 3 points from Latvia (USA 20 points now, Switzerland 18 points), which will be a hard game, because Latvia can go to playoffs if they get just 1 point from SUI. If Swiss get #1 seed, then if Finland is the weakest of the QF teams, then it's SUI vs FIN, so it depends of who the other teams are that qualify to the semifinals.

Finnish goalie Larmi is the MVP of Swedish league playoffs, so he is decent.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019

I take Canada over Czechia. Czechia is always a mystery and they have more x-factor, Canada is what you get, tough game but Finland is a favourite 100%.

• Haha
Reactions: Fist of Fury

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I don't like Larmi in this tournament at all. Overdoes it with big hefty moves to the sides and leaves the net to open for my liking.

Remember Vehanen being rock solid 2011. Olkinuora last year. Säteri and Olkinuora were good the year before that as well. Lankinen the year before that and again, Säteri the year before that was decent as well.

Combine the lack of good goaltending this tournament with some questionable D against top teams playing with high intensity?
I would not consider Finland as favorites against Canada what so ever. If there is any country being able to become a new team in the playoffs and performing better? it's Canada alright.

Last edited:

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
I don't like Larmi in this tournament at all. Overdoes it with big hefty moves to the sides and leaves the net to open for my liking.

Remember Vehanen being rock solid 2011. Olkinuora last year. Säteri and Olkinuora were good the year before that as well. Lankinen the year before that and again, Säteri the year before that was decent as well.

Combine the lack of good goaltending this tournament with some questionable D against top teams playing with high intensity?
I would not consider Finland as favorites against Canada what so ever. If there is any country being able to become a new team in the playoffs and performing better? it's Canada alright.
Yes in last 2 WC Canada with bad RR and very strong in Playoffs. I expect a very strong canadian team in QF.

Reactions: illone84

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I haven't watched any games. How's Kakko been looking? How much hope left he can become what we thought he could become at the time of the draft?

• Haha
Reactions: Fist of Fury

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011

Yeah there's little bit of overplaying. Let's hope that he's on fire in the playoffs and we better stay out of shootouts, because I don't trust him there. In the last shootout it felt like he let some easy ones.

Reactions: Svedu

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Playoff seeds, which are needed to determine the semifinal matches after we know which teams are in the semis:

#1 USA
#2 Switzerland
#3 Sweden
#4 Canada
#5 Finland
#6 Latvia
#7 Czechia
#8 Germany

It's impossible for USA to play against Switzerland or Sweden before the final. Not sure what else to read from this now. To me it seems like FIN-USA or FIN-SUI is quite likely to happen in the semifinal stage, but that depends on if Latvia, Czechia or Germany can pull off some upsets.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Regarding Canadas first goal? Questionable defending by Ohtamaa and no game winning goaltending from Larmi, just like we've seen in the group stages...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad