WC: Team Canada Roster Helsinki-Tampere 2022

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
With Hagel being moved to TB and Chabot on LTIR I decided to update a potential roster with more realistic version of what we might see. i.e. no A-list players. keep the NYI players away from Lafreniere.

A BEAUVILLIER​
M BARZAL​
M BUNTING​
J MCCANN​
B HORVAT​
T KONECNY​
A KERFOOT​
N SUZUKI
C BROWN​
A LEFRENIERE​
D COZENS​
D MERCER​

C SILLINGER N RITCHIE​

A PELECH​
R PULOCK​
V DUNN​
A CARRIER​
J MORRISEY​
J DRYSDALE
T SMITH​
D SEVERSON​

C HART​
N DAWS​
D LEVI​

Price will likely want to go to the tournament.
Edmundson and Anderson should also make the team if they decide to go.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Couple of interesting developments with Batherson back in action and giving a thumbs up to playing. too bad Formenton is a RFA. I'd never say so to any of the 2018 WJC Team Canada alumni. Maybe next year. Mantha is in the same boat as Batherson, limited games this season and the Caps will be eliminated rather quickly. Monster tournament a few years back, one more to impress Hockey Canada peeps , he's still young enough that future A Team tournaments could be in the cards....that and Barzal could really use a big skilled shooter on his RW. If Mantha is not up for it, Robert Thomas can join his teammate.

M BUNTING​
J KYROU​
D BATHERSON
A BEAUVILLIER​
M BARZAL​
A MANTHA​
A KERFOOT​
N SUZUKI
C BROWN​
J MCCANN​
B HORVAT​
T KONECNY​

D MERCER C SILLINGER​

A PELECH​
R PULOCK​
J MORRISEY​
D SEVERSON​
J CHYCHRUN
A CARRIER​
V DUNN​
J DRYSDALE

C HART​
N DAWS​
D LEVI​

Last edited:
Reactions: jj cale

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Here's what I have, with just teams certainly out of the playoff hunt (excluding teams fighting for wild cards like Winnipeg, Vegas, Dallas, Vancouver etc.)

Skinner - Suzuki - Batherson
McCann - Barzal - Konecny
Beauvillier - Cozens - Brown
Sillinger - Krebs - Mercer
Quinn

Pelech - Hamilton
Graves - Pulock
Sanheim - Drysdale
Dunn

Hart
Daws
Levi

Last edited:

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Congrats to our football team for qualifying for the World Cup. See you in November. Should be a blast. looking forward to it. This team may even make it to the knockout stages.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Congrats to our football team for qualifying for the World Cup. See you in November. Should be a blast. looking forward to it. This team may even make it to the knockout stages.
They made the next TWO World Cups. It's awesome.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
TML. TB and STL my 1st.rd. exits freeing up a few A or B+ listers to give the tourney some much needed oomph. fingers crossed that it comes to pass.

M BUNTING​
J KYROU​
R THOMAS
S STAMKOS​
B POINT​
D BATHERSON
A BEAUVILLIER​
M BARZAL​
N SUZUKI
J MCCANN​
B HORVAT​
T KONECNY​

D MERCER C SILLINGER​

S THEODORE​
D SEVERSON​
A PELECH​
R PULOCK​
J MORRISEY​
A CARRIER​
V DUNN​
J DRYSDALE

C HART​
N DAWS​
D LEVI​

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I’d like them to invite Kent Johnson

Long shots but maybe Hendrix Lapierre, Connor Ingram, Jake Christiansen.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
TML. TB and STL my 1st.rd. exits freeing up a few A or B+ listers to give the tourney some much needed oomph. fingers crossed that it comes to pass.

S THEODORE​
D SEVERSON​
A PELECH​
R PULOCK​
J MORRISEY​
A CARRIER​
V DUNN​
J DRYSDALE
I am sure LA will be eliminated by the Oilers in the 1st round. In that case Doughty should get a call, as he is potential TGC candidate.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I am sure LA will be eliminated by the Oilers in the 1st round. In that case Doughty should get a call, as he is potential TGC candidate.

never say never, I suppose. I admire your optimism, but Drew Doughty hates this tournament. Kings haven't been much of a playoff team for almost a decade now, Drew could have played in about 7-8 tournaments over that span, he chose to play ping pong with his pals at his cottage instead. I'd say almost zero % chance he would accept an invite. 2 players I have given up on ever seeing on a Team Canada WHC roster are Doughty and Spurgeon. Spurgeon is another one just like Drew.

Reactions: jaro

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Max Véronneau got the price as SHLs best player. Voted by the players themself. If Canada selects a player from the Euro leagues, which happens sometimes, i hope its him.

He is not only fast and skilled but also works hard. So he would fit perfect on a 4th line or as an extra getting some shifts.

Reactions: jj cale

MasterPecno

Dec 14, 2021
I see many lists in this thread and I am perplexed as to why people are leaving CHYCHRUN off the list ?

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I see many lists in this thread and I am perplexed as to why people are leaving CHYCHRUN off the list ?

Currently injured. Hasn't played in a month. If he returns to the lineup to get in some games down the stretch, then I'll probably include him on a roster or two. but at the moment, highly unlikely he'll accept any invite.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018

Well, at least any question as to Doughty's participation has been answered. Out for the remainder of the season.

Reactions: filip85

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Well, at least any question as to Doughty's participation has been answered. Out for the remainder of the season.
Then let's hope Vegas is out after 1st round, as Pietrangelo is another one who is missing WC gold to become TGC member :)

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Its possible Canada will play in Beijer Hockey Games in Sweden. Its just a week before WC. Perfect for warming up. Canada would be major favorite in that tournament since Canadas team will be 100 % NHLers while Sweden, Czechia, Finland and Switzerland will have more players from the Europan Leagues.

MasterPecno

Dec 14, 2021
I’m sure players won’t go as russia escalate threats made toward Finland and Sweden grows. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is moved

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad