WC: Team Canada Roster Helsinki-Tampere 2022

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Never too early for a Team Canada roster wish list.

Just my wish list of players who may be available next May. (just a guess of non-playoff and 1st.rd. eliminations)

in bold are returnees from this year's Gold medal miracle. props to Comtois turning his tournament around. After the first 3-4 games I thought he wouldn't be making my roster wish list for a few more seasons, but if he wants to come back next year to attempt the 2-peat, he's earned it. I'd like Stercher aka Tony Toe-Drag, back as well, but he's heading into UFA status. If he signs this off-season or during the season I'll definitely add him to my wish list.

I left off all the players who, I'm assuming, make Canada's Olympic team. but we usually get two or three.

M COMTOIS

B HORVAT

D BATHERSON

A MANGIAPANE

A HENRIQUE

C BROWN

A LEFRENIERE

J KYROU

T TOFFOLI

J SCHWARTZ

P DANAULT

A MANTHA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

D COZENS S WRIGHT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

J CHYCHRUN

A EKBLAD

O POWER

J DRYSDALE

V DUNN

M WEEGAR

J MORRISSEY

B MONTOUR
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

M MURRAY

T JARRY

C HART
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: filip85

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Im sure they'll bring a stacked team to Finland. Canada are the bad guys and they dont want to let the good guys win easily on their home soil.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Im sure they'll bring a stacked team to Finland. Canada are the bad guys and they dont want to let the good guys win easily on their home soil.

nothing worth having comes easy.

but I think you should be more concerned about a certain other country sending their "stacked" team given the way a few NHL teams are trending (NYR, Pitt, Washington, Dallas, St. Louis + a few others that are never playoff contenders - just to name a few) but it's still early and who knows how the Olympics will play out. That will certainly influence things 3 months later. It's going to be a fun year and I'm looking forward to a normal hockey season of league and international play.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
With a NHL Olympics far from a guarantee, that changes the roster dynamics just a tad for the annual springtime tourney; a few more A-list players may show up to the party to delight fans...in that event....here's my roster wish list for May 2022.

J HUBERDEAU

C MCDAVID

D BATHERSON

P.L. DUBOIS

B POINT

M MARNER

A BEAUVILLIER

M BARZAL

T KONECNY

R O’REILLY

P DANAULT

M SCHEIFELE
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

J KYROU A LEFRENIERE
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

T CHABOT

J SPURGEON

J CHYCHRUN

A EKBLAD

O POWER

J DRYSDALE

A PELECH

C PARAYKO
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

M BLACKWOOD

M MURRAY

C HART
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Think I'm going to go with a stacked roster wish list right up to player invites next April at the conclusion of the regular season. even if there is a NHL Olympics.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Since it looks as though it will be a NHL Olympics, meaning not a roster of A list players, and given recent contraction extensions, thought it would be time to update the roster as we head into training camps in a week or so. Team looks solid and should be a gold medal contender...just got to find the magic sauce last year's team found.

am hoping MTL signs Suziki to an extension during the season. He needs to get in some Team Canada reps.

M COMTOISB HORVATT TOFFOLI
A BEAUVILLIERJ-G PAGEAUC BROWN
A LEFRENIEREJ KYROUD BATHERSON
J SCHWARTZP DANAULTT KONECNY
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
D COZENS S WRIGHT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
J CHYCHRUNC PARAYKO
T CHABOTA EKBLAD
O POWERJ DRYSDALE
J MORRISSEYM WEEGAR
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
M MURRAY
T JARRY
C HART
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Bear12Good

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Many NHLers will decline becuse of the olympics. For swedens sake i hope Garpenlöv did not get too scared of our louse resualts and decides to never include the players who where on the team again. Overall our team was shit but still players such as Fröden, Wingerli, Lundkvist, Pilut, Klingberg, Friberg, Ersson would be decent additions in the future.

Anyways its too early to talk about WC. focus on possible spengler cup team instead.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Many NHLers will decline becuse of the olympics. For swedens sake i hope Garpenlöv did not get too scared of our louse resualts and decides to never include the players who where on the team again. Overall our team was shit but still players such as Fröden, Wingerli, Lundkvist, Pilut, Klingberg, Friberg, Ersson would be decent additions in the future.

Anyways its too early to talk about WC. focus on possible spengler cup team instead.

I took that into consideration when putting together a possible roster. No player in that roster (aside from T. Chabot) will be Team Canada Olympians 2022. There are a couple of players who are close to the A team roster, if they make the Olympic roster, I'll update this one. And it's never too early for a WHC Team Canada roster. But thanks for your input. appreciated.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Since we're almost 2 weeks into the season, I figured it was about time for a roster update.

Couple of surprises to start the season - Colorado and NYI out of the playoffs to start.

And Chychrun is on this team because currently I don't have him included on the Olympic team. but that could change in the next few weeks.

T BERTUZZI

B HORVAT

T KONECNY

P DANAULT

N SUZUKI

J-G PAGEAU

A BEAUVILLIER

A CIRELLI

C BROWN

D DUBE

D COZENS

D BATHERSON
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

D MERCER S WRIGHT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

J CHYCHRUN

D SEVERSON

O POWER

J DRYSDALE

B BYRAM

D FABBRO

S GIRARD

R PULOCK
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

M MURRAY

C HART

J ALLEN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Im bored, sorry to hijack your thread:

Nyquist - Robert Rosen - Richard Gynge
Asplund - Wennberg - Lindblom
Fröden - Wingerli - Berggren
Holtz - Eklund - Raymond
Söderblom, Carl Klingberg

Simon Edvinsson - Christian Folin
Björnfot - Söderström
Gustav Lindström - Lukas Bengtsson
Niklas Hansson - Henrik Tömmernäs

Filip Gustafsson
Lars Johansson
Adam Reidenborn

Something like that for Sweden. Im taking contract-situation in mind, even if that can change. And teams i think will miss the playoffs. Dont see any Olympic-player attending for us.

I think all those players in bottom 6 will be in AHL by the end of the season. I do think AHL teams will realise players to us. But you never know.

Rosen and Gynge seems kind of WTF, but they are better than ever and dominates in SHL, they have great chemistry. But yeah we are not winning gold thats for sure. But i expect reaching qf and anything can happen there.

On topic:

I like that you choosed Wright. Look at how good Power did. Maybe 1-2 canadians from Euro leagues will have a spot. There is many quality canadians in Euro. Canadians in SHL right now: Elite Prospects - SHL Stats 2021-2022

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens With Benefits

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Since we're almost 2 weeks into the season, I figured it was about time for a roster update.

Couple of surprises to start the season - Colorado and NYI out of the playoffs to start.

And Chychrun is on this team because currently I don't have him included on the Olympic team. but that could change in the next few weeks.

T BERTUZZIB HORVATT KONECNY
P DANAULTN SUZUKIJ-G PAGEAU
A BEAUVILLIERA CIRELLIC BROWN
D DUBED COZENS D BATHERSON
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
D MERCER S WRIGHT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
J CHYCHRUND SEVERSON
O POWER J DRYSDALE
B BYRAMD FABBRO
S GIRARDR PULOCK
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
M MURRAY
C HART
J ALLEN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Bertuzzi is unvaxxed and can't even play in Canada. Idk what the situation is in Finland but I have a hard time seeing him make his way there unless he gets jabbed.

Reactions: Sens With Benefits

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Bertuzzi is unvaxxed and can't even play in Canada. Idk what the situation is in Finland but I have a hard time seeing him make his way there unless he gets jabbed.

Well, that's disappointing. haven't given any attention to vaccine hesitancy among players, but add another headache to the long list of headaches we face in getting players to this tourney.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
time for an update.

I thought about including Spurgeon, but despite almost always being available, he has a Doughty like disinterest in this tournament, so it's Hamilton instead. won't be on the Olympic roster, so he's game for this one.

Too bad Mangiapane is a UFA...after last year's fun, he's welcomed back to this tournament anytime. Duchane is experiencing something of a comeback and would fit in here nicely.

A BEAUVILLIERB HORVATD BATHERSON
M DUCHENEA HENRIQUEC BROWN
P DANAULTN SUZUKIJ-G PAGEAU
B MCGINND COZENST KONECNY
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
D MERCER S WRIGHT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
J CHYCHRUND HAMILTON
O POWER J DRYSDALE
B BYRAMR PULOCK
S GIRARDD FABBRO
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
T JARRY
M BLACKWOOD
C HART
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Time for an update.

Colorado's 1st, rd. playoff exit will be bad news for Avs fans, but good news for Team Canada fans. If Towes does indeed make the Olympic team, then he won't have to drag his ass to Europe in May.

And yes, this year Tampa gets bounded in the opening rd.

J MARCHESSAULT

C STEPHENSON

D BATHERSON

B MCGINN

M DUCHENE

T KONECNY

P DANAULT

N SUZUKI

D COZENS

B TANEV

A CIRELLI

C BROWN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

D MERCER A NEWHOOK
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

D TOWES

D HAMILTON

O POWER

J DRYSDALE

J MORRISSEY

R PULOCK

B BYRAM

D FABBRO
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

T JARRY

M BLACKWOOD

C HART
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Time for an update.

Colorado's 1st, rd. playoff exit will be bad news for Avs fans, but good news for Team Canada fans. If Towes does indeed make the Olympic team, then he won't have to drag his ass to Europe in May.

And yes, this year Tampa gets bounded in the opening rd.

J MARCHESSAULTC STEPHENSOND BATHERSON
B MCGINNM DUCHENET KONECNY
P DANAULTN SUZUKID COZENS
B TANEVA CIRELLIC BROWN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
D MERCER A NEWHOOK
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
D TOWESD HAMILTON
O POWER J DRYSDALE
J MORRISSEYR PULOCK
B BYRAMD FABBRO
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
T JARRY
M BLACKWOOD
C HART
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

You're thinking that Chabot makes the Olympic team?

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
You're thinking that Chabot makes the Olympic team?

I don't know if he makes the Olympic team in the end...but he'd be on my team if I were the one doing the picking. If he's not in China in February, I expect him to be in Helsinki in May.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
A pre-Christmas roster update for the WHC as the NHL playoff picture comes into sharper focus. a few teams struggling and could be 1st. rd. cannon fodder. Shane Wright doesn't make it on this roster...but he could very well be in the mix as we emerge out of another Covid winter.

Z HYMAN

J KYROU

D BATHERSON

C SILLINGER

B HORVAT

T KONECNY

S BENNETT

S REINHART

M BARZAL

P DANAULT

N SUZUKI

C BROWN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

D MERCER D COZENS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

D TOWES

M WEEGAR

O POWER

D HAMILTON

S GIRARD

C PARAYKO

J MORRISSEY

R PULOCK
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

T JARRY

M BLACKWOOD

C HART
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
A pre-Christmas roster update for the WHC as the NHL playoff picture comes into sharper focus. a few teams struggling and could be 1st. rd. cannon fodder. Shane Wright doesn't make it on this roster...but he could very well be in the mix as we emerge out of another Covid winter.

Z HYMANJ KYROUD BATHERSON
C SILLINGERB HORVATT KONECNY
S BENNETTS REINHARTM BARZAL
P DANAULTN SUZUKIC BROWN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
D MERCER D COZENS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
D TOWESM WEEGAR
O POWER D HAMILTON
S GIRARDC PARAYKO
J MORRISSEYR PULOCK
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
T JARRY
M BLACKWOOD
C HART
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
This would be a nice team.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
With the disappointment of no NHL Olympics, our attention turns to perhaps a better WHC team in May loaded with young talent looking to stake a claim to '26 Olympic roster spots.

Ideally I'd like to have PLD on McDavid's LW, but unfortunately he is a RFA. It will have to be Zach for now unless PLD gets his contract resolved in season.

and am hoping that Anaheim falls out of the PO pitcher and I can get Drysdale on this team. That would be something...

This team should make the GMG at the end of May.

Z HYMANC MCDAVIDD BATHERSON
J HUBERDEAUN MACKINNONS REINHART
S BENNETTJ KYROU R THOMAS
P DANAULTN SUZUKI C BROWN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
T KONECNY D MERCER
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
D TOWES C MAKAR
T CHABOTA EKBLAD
O POWER M WEEGAR
B BYRAM / S GIRARD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
T JARRY
C HART
M BLACKWOOD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Happy New Year everybody! With NHL standings fluctuating so too does my WHC roster. Time for an update.

Z HYMAN

C MCDAVID

D BATHERSON

M DUCHENE

N MACKINNON

T KONECNY

J TAVARES

M SCHEIFELE

M MARNER

P DANAULT

N SUZUKI

C BROWN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

D MERCER D COZENS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

D TOWES

C MAKAR

A PELECH

D HAMILTON

T CHABOT

D FABBRO

O POWER

J DRYSDALE
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

T JARRY

M BLACKWOOD

C HART
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Arselona and jaro

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I hope that we get some awesome players this year that really do want to play for Canada and understand that it’s a fleeting opportunity, not a given.

Hoping to enjoy some roster musing with you boys and girls until then!

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
time for an update. A rag-tag collection of players from non-playoff teams. given the circumstances (if there is a tournament to be had) the team gets picked early and no reinforcements added as teams get eliminated.
Since Power looks to be an Olympian, I doubt he makes the trek to Helsinki in May. Disappointing, looking forward to seeing him paired up with Drysdale at some point in the not too distant future.

Look at the rookie Mercer getting big minutes w Connor. love it. worth a look see.

And I'm hoping LAK drop out of the PO picture and I can add Q. Byfield to the roster.

Z HYMANC MCDAVIDD MERCER
R FABBIM SCHEIFELED BATHERSON
A BEAUVILLIERM BARZAL C BROWN
B JENNERB HORVATT KONECNY
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
C SILLINGER D COZENS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
T CHABOTD SEVERSON
A PELECHD HAMILTON
J MORRISSEYE BOUCHARD
D NURSET MYERS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
M BLACKWOOD
C HART
A HILL
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Reactions: jaro

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Roster update time. Some pretty decent options available this spring... except for in net.
back to hoping that Power and Drysdale will be a thing this spring.

Z HYMAN

C MCDAVID

M SCHEIFELE

A KERFOOT

J TAVARES

M MARNER

M DUCHENE

M BARZAL

J KYROU

R FABBI

B JENNER

T KONECNY
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

D MERCER D COZENS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

M RIELLY

D FABBRO

A PELECH

D SEVERSON

T CHABOT

A CARRIER

O POWER

J DRYSDALE
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

J BINNINGTON

C HART

D LEVI
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: jaro

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Roster update time. Some pretty decent options available this spring... except for in net.
back to hoping that Power and Drysdale will be a thing this spring.

Z HYMANC MCDAVIDM SCHEIFELE
A KERFOOTJ TAVARESM MARNER
M DUCHENEM BARZALJ KYROU
R FABBIB JENNERT KONECNY
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
D MERCER D COZENS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
M RIELLYD FABBRO
A PELECHD SEVERSON
T CHABOTA CARRIER
O POWERJ DRYSDALE
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
J BINNINGTON
C HART
D LEVI
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I'd really like to see Kyrou, Pelech, and Chabot this year to get some reps in at the international level. Power and Drysdale would also be welcome, and yes to Levi. I'm surprised that you never include Chychrun.

Reactions: Gold Standard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->