WC: Team Canada Roster Helsinki-Tampere 2022

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
We sure have. You think about it, N.S has 3 of the best players in the world, all in a population of less then one million, and they talk about Finland in such glorious terms for their player production with a population of 3-4 million, Nova Scotia having 3 of the top players in the game is just as if not more impressive to me. When has Finland ever been able to say they had 3 players that have or at least had such a pedigree as those guys all at the same time?

Never. It's pretty impressive............and to top it all off, we delivered the Golden goal to boot. Not bad, not bad at all.

Makes you wonder what is going on with Quebec, wish they would get back to cranking gems out again, they have a population of 7 million after all, they need to get back to delivering French supernovas like they used to, some of the best to have ever played the game.
Finnish population is over 5 million. I do think the Finns have better players now than ever, but still Canada has the better players.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Finnish population is over 5 million. I do think the Finns have better players now than ever, but still Canada has the better players.
Yes they do, but Nova Scotia is just a province in Canada of less then one million, the recent players they have produced is quite stunning. Higher end guys then Finland has with a population of 3 million i think?, that's something else.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Yes they do, but Nova Scotia is just a province in Canada of less then one million, the recent players they have produced is quite stunning. Higher end guys then Finland has with a population of 3 million i think?, that's something else.
Why you are saying the population in Finland is 3 million? I just corrected you that it is over 5, not 3 million. That was my point, not that NS isn't impressive.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Why you are saying the population in Finland is 3 million? I just corrected you that it is over 5, not 3 million.
So it's 5 million? Nova Scotia is even more impressive now.

f*** are we awesome.

I wouldn't get so upset that I got the population numbers wrong, lol, easy now...................don't spend all that energy before the game panda.;)

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
So it's 5 million? Nova Scotia is even more impressive now.

I wouldn't get so upset that I got the population numbers wrong, lol, easy now...................don't spend all that energy before the game panda.;)
I just said it on the preivous message, so thats why I was confused you got it wrong again even when I said the correct about. Like you half read my message lol.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I just said it on the preivous message, so thats why I was confused you got it wrong again even when I said the correct about. Like you half read my message lol.
Pretty much, lol

I've got a lot on the go today, bronze medal game, getting ready to add another gold medal to our overstuffed trophy case, making coffee..............you know, the usual stuff.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
He's been good all tournament. next year he'll have a monster break out year. 30 goals 45 assists. but don't think he'll be available next year, Buffalo will play at least a round of playoffs next year. But for now, today's game, hoping he scores the golden goal.

The sense I get from him is elite complementary player, at least when it comes to the high end international level. That's meant as a compliment as well. The kind of high-motor well rounded player who would look good next to a McDavid or Crosby. I didn't realize until after he'd played WJC that I've met several of his family members. Good people. Lots of players on this team worth rooting for on the individual level.

Mainiac

May 15, 2021
Well we got screwed. Gold medal game, 3rd period, 1-0. Before you give someone a 5 on 3 you better make sure you have the call right. Incompetence or bias ? Or both. Insult to injury our goalie gets injured and essentially Emile Francis brought in from the stands. I like our chances leading Finland in the 3rd but we'll never know. PMO the refs ruined an otherwise entertaining game.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I didn't see the second or third periods but I did like some of the performances I saw from some of Canada's good young players. It's good to get international reps in at this tournament and I'm glad that guys like Chabot, Dubois, Barzal, Cozens, Batherson, etc. got that chance and played well.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Another joke of a reffing performance. We were the better team.

Great effort boys, got completely robbed.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Worst officiated game I've seen in a long time.

Better team didn't win today, at all.

So what! Shit happens. can't win every year. Go for gold next year... with Bedard and Wright making their WHC debut. with a few more A-list game breakers to lead the charge back to the gold podium. a McJesus or MacDangle type of A-list game changer.

Reactions: jj cale

AKQJ

May 6, 2022
Turku
Dubois, Chabot and Severson - 2nd time same result. 2019 & 2022. I hope they have the desire to come back 2023. They are fantastic players. They deserve the third chance!

Reactions: jj cale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad