WC: Team Canada Roster Helsinki-Tampere 2022

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I'd really like to see Kyrou, Pelech, and Chabot this year to get some reps in at the international level. Power and Drysdale would also be welcome, and yes to Levi. I'm surprised that you never include Chychrun.

I don't think I've included Chychrun all year. Not opposed to it...just at the moment there are quite a few LHD I like better. and key...will be available. Until the 'I got my best friend's wedding in August to get ready for' excuses start rolling in, Chychrun will probably remain in reserve.

Reactions: jj cale

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Even if all say yes, Henrique and Mangiapane sgould be there. Heroes.

Even if available (which looks increasing unlikely) Mangiapane is a RFA at seasons end. 99.99999% chance he would pass on any invite to the Worlds this year. As for Henrique? He has a spot on the team if he wants it, but given his age, circumstance and the fact he played last year, most likely answer to any invite would be thanks, but no thanks. I try to be realistic when it comes to Canadian players and this tournament.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Roster update. Non playoff teams and a couple of 1st. rd. exits. *TML and EDM. Reunite a couple of Junior Otters. Back to hoping I see Power/Drysdale d-pairing.

a little bit more star power than last year...hopefully we see even more A listers answer the call this year and give us something to cheer for. Hopefully it will be a 14 team tournament this year.

Z HYMAN

C MCDAVID

C BROWN

M BUNTING

M BARZAL

M MARNER

B HAGEL

A KERFOOT

N SUZUKI

R FABBI

B JENNER

T KONECNY
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

D MERCER D COZENS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

M RIELLY

D SEVERSON

A PELECH

D FABBRO

T CHABOT

A CARRIER

O POWER

J DRYSDALE
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

A HILL

C HART

D LEVI
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Roster update. Non playoff teams and a couple of 1st. rd. exits. *TML and EDM. Reunite a couple of Junior Otters. Back to hoping I see Power/Drysdale d-pairing.

a little bit more star power than last year...hopefully we see even more A listers answer the call this year and give us something to cheer for. Hopefully it will be a 14 team tournament this year.

Z HYMANC MCDAVIDC BROWN
M BUNTINGM BARZALM MARNER
B HAGELA KERFOOTN SUZUKI
R FABBIB JENNERT KONECNY
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
D MERCER D COZENS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
M RIELLYD SEVERSON
A PELECHD FABBRO
T CHABOTA CARRIER
O POWERJ DRYSDALE
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
A HILL
C HART
D LEVI
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Expecting another early playoff exit for the Leafs again?

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I don't think I've included Chychrun all year. Not opposed to it...just at the moment there are quite a few LHD I like better. and key...will be available. Until the 'I got my best friend's wedding in August to get ready for' excuses start rolling in, Chychrun will probably remain in reserve.
I think Chychrun needs some national reps and soon, I want to gauge how he handles international hockey, we may need him on LHD in the coming years.

At some point (and what better place to do it then at the skodas?) we need to pencil him in, it can't be all sunny beaches in florida during the off season every year for this guy.

We need to find out if this guy has it or he doesn't, international hockey is a different game with different pressure, if he is available and willing to go this year I think he should get a spot.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I think Chychrun needs some national reps and soon, I want to gauge how he handles international hockey, we may need him on LHD in the coming years.

At some point (and what better place to do it then at the skodas?) we need to pencil him in, it can't be all sunny beaches in florida during the off season every year for this guy.

We need to find out if this guy has it or he doesn't, international hockey is a different game with different pressure, if he is available and willing to go this year I think he should get a spot.

I see the logic there...and I do look at Chychrun each time I update the roster, but each time I decide, naaahhhh. maybe the next update. I'm not convinced yet that Chychrun ever makes a best on best Team Canada. Rielly has played well this year...and as a reward for that he wins a spot to the Skodas. and the other 3 will play a best on best Team Canada at some point. That's it.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I see the logic there...and I do look at Chychrun each time I update the roster, but each time I decide, naaahhhh. maybe the next update. I'm not convinced yet that Chychrun ever makes a best on best Team Canada. Rielly has played well this year...and as a reward for that he wins a spot to the Skodas. and the other 3 will play a best on best Team Canada at some point. That's it.
I just wish we could see what we have in him as a possible player for us internationally in the future, can't ever find out if we don't play him. Winning or losing the skodas isn't life or death for us,we don't value that thing like Europeans do, it's our chance to see how he performs in a good tournament.

I say give him that shot, but that's just me.

P.S: I certainly welcome Reilly on this years team.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I just wish we could see what we have in him as a possible player for us internationally in the future, can't ever find out if we don't play him. Winning or losing the skodas isn't life or death for us,we don't value that thing like Europeans do, it's our chance to see how he performs in a good tournament.

I say give him that shot, but that's just me.

I tell you what, next update will be a special Friday night update instead of my early morning coffee weekend update. I'll do a couple of Friday night tequila shots and find a spot for him.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I tell you what, next update will be a special Friday night update instead of my early morning coffee weekend update. I'll do a couple of Friday night tequila shots and find a spot for him.
HEH HEH,I'll hold you to that. Wonder if Mcdavid would come this year?

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018

I'm hoping. chances are higher if Oil miss the playoffs. A 1st.rd defeat?...less of chance. but still a chance. I'll always write him in if he looks to be available.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I've see a few interviews with McDavid this year and he doesn't look or sound great. He should stay home and go fishing.
The inability of his team to breakthrough is getting to him, it's not good. Personally I think it would be good for him to go, maybe winning something will be good for him. Still, I get it if he is burnt out.

Reactions: therealdeal

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Z HYMANC MCDAVIDC BROWN
M BUNTINGM BARZALM MARNER
B HAGELA KERFOOTN SUZUKI
R FABBIB JENNERT KONECNY
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
D MERCER D COZENS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
M RIELLYD SEVERSON
A PELECHD FABBRO
T CHABOTA CARRIER
O POWERJ DRYSDALE
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
A HILL
C HART
D LEVI
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
As an Oil fan I almost spit out my coffee reading this.

I couldn't get over the irony that Hyman signed for big money to go to Edmonton to be on Connor's wing and might end up on his wing at the World's instead of the playoffs.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The inability of his team to breakthrough is getting to him, it's not good. Personally I think it would be good for him to go, maybe winning something will be good for him. Still, I get it if he is burnt out.
It's so frustrating becuase it isn't on him but you can see it weighing him down. Feel bad for him to be honest because there is nothing more that he can do till they give him something apporaching NHL Calibre D and Goalies. The media has even started the 'doesn't backcheck fast enough' narrative a bit. Just brutal.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
It's so frustrating becuase it isn't on him but you can see it weighing him down. Feel bad for him to be honest because there is nothing more that he can do till they give him something apporaching NHL Calibre D and Goalies. The media has even started the 'doesn't backcheck fast enough' narrative a bit. Just brutal.
I hear you, the supporting cast for him and Drai up to this point just won't get it done and it's going to get to both of them but probably weighs even heavier on McD because he's the captain and the face of the franchise, he knows he needs to win, especially in a Canadian market, there is no place to hide behind the baseball/basketball/football news. In a Canadian hockey market the hot seat is scorching hot, like sahara desert hot.

And with Edmonton this go on a run fool them into thinking they really have a team now spurts they have that always end up fizzling out and sinking right back into the lowly mire really drives the fans and media nuts and then they get vicious. It can't be easy

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I hear you, the supporting cast for him and Drai up to this point just won't get it done and it's going to get to both of them but probably weighs even heavier on McD because he's the captain and the face of the franchise, he knows he needs to win, especially in a Canadian market, there is no place to hide behind the baseball/basketball/football news. In a Canadian hockey market the hot seat is scorching hot, like sahara desert hot.

Nothing quite like that Canadian hockey market spotlight! When it's good, it's amazing. When it's not good, it's downright awful!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Nothing quite like that Canadian hockey market spotlight! When it's good, it's amazing. When it's not good, it's downright awful!
It's a whole different level of scrutiny and like you said when it's going good it's heaven but when it's going bad it's Dantes inferno.

I lived in Edmonton for a wee bit and I was like....." holy cripes do they guys rip their team" It was almost scary,lol.

I mean, no mercy whatsoever, I can only imagine being a permanent resident in Montreal when the times are lean.

Reactions: Czechboy

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010

Yup, hook a race horse up to the plough.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
So at this point we can be confident the following teams won’t make it:

Montreal, NYI, Detroit, Philly, Ottawa, Buffalo

Phoenix, San Jose, Chicago, Seattle

Some nice gets for me would be:

chychrun, Dunn, Dach, Batherson, Chabot, Cozens, Barzal, Pelech, fleury!

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Maybe we'll be lucky enough to have the Avs bounce out early of the POs and we'll be entertained by this Canadian Troika.

Roster update next weekend.

Reactions: jaro and jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Makar, the new Karlsson.

What an asset to have, he would have been so devastating with the players he would have had to work with at the olympics, would have been a treat to watch, such a shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaro

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
I think fleury will try get to triple gold club, also he has not even a single game played in national team

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018

by the way, I looked at possible LHD again this morning and it still doesn't look good for Chychrun. especially if it looks as though Vegas could make an early exit. in that case there won't be enough tequila to make me write in Chychrun's name. but we'll see this weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad