Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I know it's way too late to make suggestions, but an old idea of mine for a Seattle team name popped back into my head that I wish had gained traction:

Seattle Meteors

Impactful name (pun intended),
Not inherently tied to any color scheme for any future rebrands,
Thematic connection to the Seattle aerospace industry/identity,
Unique name in the realm of pro sports, and
Very marginal connection with the previous MET-team, the Metropolitans.

And in that same vein, Comets would work as well with everything above as well, too.

Ike8228

Aug 19, 2019
I know it's way too late to make suggestions, but an old idea of mine for a Seattle team name popped back into my head that I wish had gained traction:

Seattle Meteors

And in that same vein, Comets would work as well with everything above as well, too.
Not a bad idea. I think Comets has a better ring to it. One less syllable for chanting too.

In terms of aerospace themed, could have gone with Rockets. Yes there is a basketball team, but there are lots of overlap with sports.

I’m still hoping for Kraken though.

Prsut18

Jul 30, 2018
CZ

Seattle Meteors

Love this idea !

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Meteors is not bad. Comets is taken if AHL's Utica Comets counts. Kraken is horrible, IMO. I like Totems or Emeralds. Seals or Sea Lions are good names as well. Sockeyes.........not so much.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Nothing will happen until folks are allowed to be closer than 6 feet apart so there can be a public unveiling and announcement. :sarcasm:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Nothing will happen until folks are allowed to be closer than 6 feet apart so there can be a public unveiling and announcement. :sarcasm:

With how our governor is handling this issue, that won't happen any time soon. The mass gathering ban will go beyond may. Wouldn't surprise me if it lasts into the summer.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

I doubt the wish for a public unveiling is what's holding this up.
Given the circumstances I'm pretty sure everyone's aware that gatherings of big groups won't be available for quite some time.
For that to happen you would either need herd immunity or a vaccine and neither of those are happening anytime soon.

Therefore the reason for it not being unvailed so far seems to be the team waiting for the right moment to announce something like this.
And that's just a no go right now with a large number of people still dying from the disease or losing their jobs left and right.

Overall, I think, this will be an online event(like the 2020 NHL Draft) but will only be done once the situation's a bit more encouraging.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I doubt the wish for a public unveiling is what's holding this up.
Given the circumstances I'm pretty sure everyone's aware that gatherings of big groups won't be available for quite some time.
For that to happen you would either need herd immunity or a vaccine and neither of those are happening anytime soon.

Therefore the reason for it not being unvailed so far seems to be the team waiting for the right moment to announce something like this.
And that's just a no go right now with a large number of people still dying from the disease or losing their jobs left and right.

Overall, I think, this will be an online event(like the 2020 NHL Draft) but will only be done once the situation's a bit more encouraging.

There is no way the ban on mass gatherings will continue until there is a vaccine. They can't legally (per US constitution) keep that ban going indefinitely until there's Vaccine.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
There is no way the ban on mass gatherings will continue until there is a vaccine. They can't legally (per US constitution) keep that ban going indefinitely until there's Vaccine.

That ban will not stand this exact way, but until you have a vaccine or people are immune to the virus things won't completely go back to the way they were before.
Of course, unless you think there's no other option and willing to risk peoples lives.

All we're doing right now is helping out the health care systems, hospitals etc. so that the staff(nurses, doctors etc.) aren't completely overrun and have to decide who lives or dies like they had to in Spain, Italy etc.

So overall, I think this will be unveiled online, with a nice presentation, and would help excite people in Seattle.
I also don't think you need to have huge gathering for that(during a time like this), because you can still start selling everything online as soon as you reveal the name, logo and colours.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Its not going to be Murder Hornets. Sigh the team will come out with the name when they can.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Getting tired of waiting.

The news release of the name, colors, and uniforms would be a welcome event and distraction from this Covid virus.

It would be a ray of sunshine in an otherwise gloomy and depressing spring.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Getting tired of waiting.

The news release of the name, colors, and uniforms would be a welcome event and distraction from this Covid virus.

It would be a ray of sunshine in an otherwise gloomy and depressing spring.

kinda hard when you can't do a public revealing then sell stuff right away

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad