Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Due to the whole virus situation and the League suspending its season, do not expect the name color logo to come out any time soon.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Due to the whole virus situation and the League suspending its season, do not expect the name color logo to come out any time soon.

There's still two weeks before that date.

However....

If they follow the VGK model, there's a big party/media reveal of the name/logo/colors. That's not happening under current circumstances.

And fans would want to buy merchandise with the logo/name. Many team stores are closed at present. I can't think that Seattle wants to get into that either.

(Not to mention that the production of merchandise could have been impacted/delayed due to many companies shuttered.)

Perhaps May 1 or even June 1 is more realistic?

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012

However....

If they follow the VGK model, there's a big party/media reveal of the name/logo/colors. That's not happening under current circumstances.

And fans would want to buy merchandise with the logo/name. Many team stores are closed at present. I can't think that Seattle wants to get into that either.

(Not to mention that the production of merchandise could have been impacted/delayed due to many companies shuttered.)

You're probably bang-on with that assessment, LS.

Reactions: LadyStanley

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

However....

There's also league approval on the name and that isn't going to happen with the league suspending operations for at least a month.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
A Message from NHL Seattle CEO Tod Leiweke

To summarize Seattle won't be reveal their name with this virus outbreak going on and will wait until a proper time to reveal it.

So basically yes the name got delayed due to the virus outbreak contrary to what Geoff baker of the time said that the delay has nothing to do with the virus.

Yes the name got delayed from last feburary to April due trade mark issue but this delay has nothing to do with trademark issues.

Last edited:

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
On one hand, I understand delaying any announcement so there could be a gathering. I want to be there! I want a t-shirt and jersey!

On the other hand, I understand doing the announcement since there is NOTHING competing against it and the whole world is their oyster.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Wonder if this will delay the team's inaugural season and starting play as early as 2022-23.
I don’t see why it would.
They aren’t scheduled to start til Oct. 2021. The league should be able to get everything back on track within the coming season. If anything, this might delay the expansion draft by a month, but that should be the only effect.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I don’t see why it would.
They aren’t scheduled to start til Oct. 2021. The league should be able to get everything back on track within the coming season. If anything, this might delay the expansion draft by a month, but that should be the only effect.

Because people would be urged to stay inside and this would be surrounded by the construction of the arena. Best case scenario is they at the TacomaDome until KeyArena is re-done.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Because people would be urged to stay inside and this would be surrounded by the construction of the arena. Best case scenario is they at the TacomaDome until KeyArena is re-done.

Tacoma dome doesn't even have an ice plant anymore and since post renovations wouldn't even work for a sports arena as a temp thing

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Most, but not all, sports stadium and arena construction...

Paywall. With revised Key Arena construction winding down (securing roof), that could mean the team has to start the season on the road, rather than at home, if the finish date on the arena delayed.

Perhaps it's delayed a month? Then they could play all their preseason games on the road.

well the target window was June 2021 if its delayed a month then its July 2021. It shouldn't impact regular season or pre-season.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Call the team the “Procrastinators” pick the color scheme and get it over with.

Team name, colors, logo’s etc should have been done by last December. Golden opportunity missed, IMHO.

Reactions: Ike8228

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad