Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
What does he know on what seattle will go with?

Not sure who his sources are on this. Though even if I did know, I couldn't tell.

Again, he predominantly covers Kings hockey, but he wouldn't let out about the Kraken unless he trusted it.

Of course, maybe there's misinformation. We'd both be embarrassed by this (especially since I live up here so would hopefully have some relationship with the team and this board and fans).

For additional reference, I later saw Mirtle casually calling Seattle the Kraken.

So, please feel free to take it for what it's worth. I was surprised to see that, too.

Ike8228

Aug 19, 2019
Not sure who his sources are on this. Though even if I did know, I couldn't tell.

Again, he predominantly covers Kings hockey, but he wouldn't let out about the Kraken unless he trusted it.

Of course, maybe there's misinformation. We'd both be embarrassed by this (especially since I live up here so would hopefully have some relationship with the team and this board and fans).

For additional reference, I later saw Mirtle casually calling Seattle the Kraken.

So, please feel free to take it for what it's worth. I was surprised to see that, too.

Well if he just dropped it, he’s in trouble. Either he slipped or just putting his own speculation and wishful thinking into a tweet. I am for the Kraken myself. I think it would be a great PR move, easy to market, intimating nature, lots of potential color schemes. I think it works.

Last edited:

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
keep-calm-and-release-the-kraken.png

Reactions: Flyer lurker

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
btw Seattle Krakens isn't even been trade marked yet. So why the delay in naming the team if they were going to go with that. Its delayed due to them possible acquiring an name that's already been trademarked and that takes time. Thus its not going to be Krakens.

Reactions: Sieve77

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ok so the Kraken name is growing on me, I might be revisiting Seattle more often than I thought (I do miss living there).

Any news on when/if they are going to release the branding soon?

j1012

Dec 8, 2014
Chris Daniels said last night to look at the end of February or in March for nickname, logo and colors.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I hope the colors arent red and black. Those 2 colors are so common already in the league
I really hope they go off the board with the colors, a brighter green, etc would be cool. I think they should incorporate the neon green like the Seahawks.

Actually, maybe they should straight up just adopt those colors as well, it would be a great way to sell merchandise.

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
btw Seattle Krakens isn't even been trade marked yet. So why the delay in naming the team if they were going to go with that. Its delayed due to them possible acquiring an name that's already been trademarked and that takes time. Thus its not going to be Krakens.
But it has. December 2018 they registered 13 names, including Kraken, with the trademark office.

Why is the team forum still named "Seattle"...

It should be Seattle Kraken now, no?
name is still uncomfirmed

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
But it has. December 2018 they registered 13 names, including Kraken, with the trademark office.

name is still uncomfirmed

That wasn't trademark that was domain names. As of today there has been no trademark request for Krakens or Seattle Krakens and that was reported by our local king 5 news reporter.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Until it is officially announced, administrators will not make the change.
With how writers are referring to them as that I wonder if Seattle isn't sure yet. Waiting to see what the reactions are fully before 100% committing.

It's cool to see so many in this board. I hope people are cool if I'm casually here. As a former Seattle resident I definitely am a fan of the fact the city finally has a team.

Ike8228

Aug 19, 2019
With the all star game, outdoor games, and trade deadline out of the way (so it did not draw attention away from them), when are they going to announce!? A lot of drawing it out.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Who says it was delayed to April. Last i heard it was end of march.

Last I heard was maybe mid April.

I certainly wouldn't mind it being announced next month but given how things have progressed with it I wouldn't be surprised about it taking them at least until mid April.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Last I heard was maybe mid April.

I certainly wouldn't mind it being announced next month but given how things have progressed with it I wouldn't be surprised about it taking them at least until mid April.

I'm just asking who mention mid April.

Ike8228

Aug 19, 2019
They will be announcing April 1

Never mind April fools.

Seems like wasted marketing and sales time. Maybe it doesn’t matter but I can’t see why they wouldn't announce it unless they really had some major set back with trademarks or copyright.

When did Vegas announce? It was more time before the start than this me thinks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->