Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
The name isn't going to be revealed at the all star week but some time after it.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Light blue would be so nice and unique, same with retro Green

SundayNiteBlackout

Jan 20, 2019
Puyallup, WA
With your talent level and quality of products I'm surprised they aren't hiring you for the job. Everything you do is well thought out and top notch.

Apparently...only 24 more sleeps 'til the name's revealed (at the All-Star game? Jan. 25th)
What d'ya think?...Nautical? Indigenous? Rustic?(maybe w/some plaid) Other?...

RIbfTGL.jpg

5tZgRZX.jpg

m5NjhQg.jpg

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Not sure. That's been that way since the very start but they've also been handing out items with black and red since they were announced as well. So who knows. lol

KeyArena-Interior-seating-bowl-view-Hockey-configuration-620x346.jpg

This was way back when they showed Key Arena. Kinda doubting they've been set on using red before anything has really happened but who knows. I hope not.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I hope they go with the ‘Emeralds’

Super classy, Seattle is the Emerald city, green is a sparsely used colour in the NHL.

Kraken seems too cartoony for my liking.

Reactions: hockey20000

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
ASG Weekend is near -- reveal has to be close no?

Edit: Nvmd -- just read its likely we'll have to wait until March.

Last edited:

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Going to play in a outdoor hockey tournament this weekend in Winthrop, WA. NHL Seattle will be there with a team and hosting an event on Friday night. Hoping this will be a kick off party for name/color/etc,

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Romance novel author trademarks Seattle Sockeyes hockey name

FWIW, author Jami Davenport has been writing a hockey romance series (since 2014) around a fictional NHL team, the Seattle Sockeyes. She has trademarked the name (along with her other Seattle sports franchises she writes romances around, football Steelheads and baseball Skookums).

She only did that to protect her novels. I doubt there will be any problems if Seattle wants to use the name and Seattle organization would be perfectly fine with her the name in her novels.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
She only did that to protect her novels. I doubt there will be any problems if Seattle wants to use the name and Seattle organization would be perfectly fine with her the name in her novels.

If you read the article, she actually does sell merchandise. But indicated she'd have no issues if the NHL wanted to name a team the Sockeyes.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Going to play in a outdoor hockey tournament this weekend in Winthrop, WA. NHL Seattle will be there with a team and hosting an event on Friday night. Hoping this will be a kick off party for name/color/etc,

FYI, They gave out a bunch of NHL Seattle touques (red or black). Also was noted "why give out stuff that will soon be obsolete when name/colors come online"

\/\/ Red/black as in the colors they've distributed everything else to date

Last edited:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
FYI, They gave out a bunch of NHL Seattle touques (red or black). Also was noted "why give out stuff that will soon be obsolete when name/colors come online"

I woudn't really put into that idea that colors will be red or black involved it really depends on what name they'll go with. Colors has to fit the name and logo.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If you read the article, she actually does sell merchandise. But indicated she'd have no issues if the NHL wanted to name a team the Sockeyes.
From a business POV the Seattle franchise would want to purchase the trademark from her to ensure that there would be no issues moving forward. Doubt they want to have to change the name in the future if there is ever a disagreement over something.

If they have not bought it out by now I doubt the name will be sockeyes.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
John Hoven, who covers mostly the Kings and has broken quite a few things lately, is saying it's looking more like Kraken is actually being a thing.

Full disclosure, I write articles for his site, so I have my biases, but he does have sources.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
John Hoven, who covers mostly the Kings and has broken quite a few things lately, is saying it's looking more like Kraken is actually being a thing.

Full disclosure, I write articles for his site, so I have my biases, but he does have sources.

What does he know on what seattle will go with?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad