Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I still have a feeling its going to be Sockeyes.
7ruql883v7331.jpg

This concept home/away jersey would look great (especially the logo with the salmon, and S - that would work with any color scheme).

Last edited:

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Good God, that's just hard on the eyes. I do not like that color at all... or the baby blue trim.
Yeah - those colors are eye popping, but I do like the logo.
Seattle NHL expansion team nickname could be revealed near All-Star Game

Sounds like nickname could be revealed around 2020 ASG in St Louis.

Considering nickname in terms of what the vision is for the team. Francis is giving some input as he'll acquire players who have to wear name and logo. And lawyers doing due diligence on trademark issues.
More than 140,000 votes were cast in the newspaper's bracket-style tournament, with Sockeyes defeating Totems in the final.

Either of those 2 would be great.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Based on the jerseys I think they've already picked the Sockeyes.

Those are mock jerseys. It has nothing to do with name colors or logo that the team is thinking of doing.

Seattle may have already decided to use different colors as far as we know.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I expect the Sockeyes

Seattle-Sockeyes.jpg

These are beautiful. I'd totally buy a hat or jersey if They were the sockeye/steelhead or even totem, and they used these colours with that symbol. I'm a lifelong canuck fan, but our marketing has always been half asked. I may need to start sporting Seattle gear.

Reactions: VanIslander

tuozzi

Dec 9, 2011
Turku
Has anyone consulted the natives on how they'd feel about 'totems' being used as a name for a professional sports team?

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Could not agree more. What is wrong with the Renegades, or Emeralds? So, they'll be the "Socks" yeah sounds great...

PErhaps they want a name that fits the entire state. Emeeralds doesn't fit the rest of the region. Renegades has nothing to do with the state. We have one chance to do this right. Screw it up and we are only rebranding the team 3 years later.

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
Sockeyes is a native fish to Washington state.
There are a ton of "natives" to a state that should never be considered a hockey team name and in my opinion this would be one of them. I just don't understand the thought process around a name like this. Just because it's a native fish doesn't mean it's a good fit.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Except this is a tradition that goes back 100 years. I don't think plain old "white sock" when I hear "sox". I will never understand the thought process of some ownership groups, and the NHL marketing dept.
If ya wanna go with tradition - then how about Totems?

Green jersey to boot, but ya know - millennials will claim 'cultural appropriation' blah blah blah...So Sockeyes is a pretty good alternative...Just my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad