Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
I would be fine with pilots and I mean all the new shirts they are wearing do have bars like a commercial pilot would have on his shoulder, I just get the feeling it's going to be something else.
those are adidas' trademark 3 stripes. part of the template for that shirt and jacket

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
If it's Sockeyes they could have a jersey that looks like vintage sports jerseys. Sockeyes written like this for home games and Seattle for away matches. The deep salmon color can be combined with ivory. So pants and socks would be red and jersey mainly ivory with a red logo. The other jersey could be red with a white logo and black pants. Of course the Sockeyes red would be different from the red Hurricanes is using. Fish itself could be shown only on shoulders.

Attachments

• seattle-nhl-logo.png
    seattle-nhl-logo.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 19

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
If it's Sockeyes they could have a jersey that looks like vintage sports jerseys. Sockeyes written like this for home games and Seattle for away matches. The deep salmon color can be combined with ivory. So pants and socks would be red and jersey mainly ivory with a red logo. The other jersey could be red with a white logo and black pants. Of course the Sockeyes red would be different from the red Hurricanes is using. Fish itself could be shown only on shoulders.
I'm at risk of sounding like a broken record, but I worry that with the salmon/light teal/white combo, the team's going to look like Big Gulp Icee slushies, and that a fish name of any sort (as much as I'd otherwise be cool with it) will lead to a select few idiots, maybe fans of visiting teams, throwing dead fish on the ice, a la "traditions" like Nashville's catfish and Detroit's octopus. (I feel like there are other examples that I'm blanking on.)

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Of course there are other options. The team could look like Windows 95 for example. It's a computer geek city after all. Has there ever been a sports team called Windows? Imagine a situation when penalty is called and there will be text syntax error on the jumbotron.

Attachments

• 3f3ee49a-4ea3-384f-9683-f3d96289a0f8.jpeg
    3f3ee49a-4ea3-384f-9683-f3d96289a0f8.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Joel Ward
Jul 31, 2005
CA
I know everybody hates the Dallas Cowboys, including myself, but I can see their color combo looking good on the ice and selling really well. Silver pants and their color blue jerseys. Too many teams wearing black pants these days.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
I know everybody hates the Dallas Cowboys, including myself, but I can see their color combo looking good on the ice and selling really well. Silver pants and their color blue jerseys. Too many teams wearing black pants these days.
It would have to be WAY different than the DC.
I hate that team, their owner, and their fan base.

Last edited:

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Seems like its down to Totems, Thunderbirds, and Eagles now with the news of their AHL affiliate going with a bird theme. Quite interesting considering "Eagles" was on an official list.

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
All that has happened is the Oak View Group filed for a trademark for the Palm Springs Firebirds name. There will more names filed as well but that was the first. Don't think it means anything about Seattle going with a bird name.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Initially I was surprised by the amount of support for team names that I found to be ridiculous, mainly kraken, but now that its seemingly down to a few I'm not too excited about any of them. Maybe Eagles but I was hoping for Sockeyes mostly.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I think it will be either Mets or Emeralds. Mets has history, Emeralds has a lot of potential as far as marketing the city itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad