Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Seattle Sky Salmons. Though sounds more like minor leagues. Sky sounds nice but Sockeyes would allow them to unique combo of colors that would fit northwest.
I mean, the only real requirement for a name like Sky is to include some variation of blue as one of the colors

Reactions: Dog

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I won't lie, in the poll list, Sockeye's in the least appealing name to me. I would rather have anything else on that list.

Though with the color scheme, I am expecting them to go with the Sockeye's route.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Sky Blue obviously would fit but then what others?
Any blue, honestly. Doesn’t even need to be the main color. The one that appeared on the website could work

Sky is a vague enough premise that there’s a lot of creative freedom. I could imagine incorporating the space needle or mountains somehow if they want to tie it to the city specifically

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
Screenshot_20190606-132444.png

Reactions: DFAC and Brodie

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I've been hoping Seattle would stay around a green format since there aren't many teams who use green.

Dallas Stars
Minnesota Wild
Vancouver Canucks
(Old Mighty Ducks)
New Jersey Devils (infamous "Christmas" jerseys)

More than 10%

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Hints dropped that the name of Seattle's NHL team may be 'Kraken'

Don't know where this site is from, but they speculate that Kraken is still in the running, but Sockeyes could have AHL franchise in Boise, Steelheads.

Honestly? Their hints are pretty ridiculous.

The Daily Herald reports that 'Kraken' seems to also be in contention. Earlier on, the mythical creature had been mentioned. But more recently, it seemed to be trending down as to the likelihood of being chosen

This is so god damned vague, it is kind of a nothing burger. Plus, no link to the Daily Herald article, just a vague note that it 'seems to be in contention' It was also mentioned. That is a click bait title if I ever seen one. Trust me, if I find a good rumor with a quote or some interesting tidbit, I'd share it.

Reactions: SoldiersOfFilth

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Dave Tippett prior to him leaving to join Edmonton as head coach said that Kraken was out of the running.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
Dallas Stars
Minnesota Wild
Vancouver Canucks
(Old Mighty Ducks)
New Jersey Devils (infamous "Christmas" jerseys)

More than 10%
"More than 10%" isn't saying a whole lot.

One team uses dark green as a primary color.
One team uses Kelly green as a primary color.
One team uses Kelly green as a secondary color.
NJ and AZ use dark green as a secondary color for their throwback/third jerseys.

But if you want to run with "more than 10%" using green, then consider:

15/31 teams (>48%) use some shade of blue, 15/31 (>48%) use some shade of red, and 14/31 (>45%) use black for their team colors. Given the choice between a pastel version of blue and red and an alternative based around green, I'm very much in favor of green.

Reactions: Prsut18

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
FTR, author Jami Davenport has published 9 hockey romance books (to date) about a fictional hockey team named the Seattle Sockeyes.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
FTR, author Jami Davenport has published 9 hockey romance books (to date) about a fictional hockey team named the Seattle Sockeyes.

iirc she never did had any problems if Seattle were to pick the name she just wanted to protect her books.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/hockey/blues-winnning-stanley-cup-shows-seattle-team-just-how-tight-nhl-competition-has-become

They’ll hear about proposed uniform color schemes and — of course — potential team names. That name shortlist had been pared to four, but now is apparently back up to five or six depending on which owner is listened to most — though you’d best “release the Kraken” from office pools because that name ain’t happening — so there’s still work ahead.

Name list down to 4-6 and Kraken is not one of htem.

Reactions: Seattle Totems

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I was expecting the same colour scheme as the Seahawks. Blue, with a darker green, and red instead of white

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Gotta think Green will be used as one of the two main colours no? At this point I'm thinking it will be Sockeyes. Sort've a weird name but Seattle Sockeyes has a nice flow to it.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
As
Gotta think Green will be used as one of the two main colours no? At this point I'm thinking it will be Sockeyes. Sort've a weird name but Seattle Sockeyes has a nice flow to it.

I can’t imagine this is chosen. The average person has no idea what a sockeye is. Just like kraken. It ain’t happening. It’s gonna be a fairly generic name.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
As

I can’t imagine this is chosen. The average person has no idea what a sockeye is. Just like kraken. It ain’t happening. It’s gonna be a fairly generic name.
The average person probably knows what a sockeye is before they know what a bruin is.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
The average person probably knows what a sockeye is before they know what a bruin is.

Maybe? But doesn’t matter. We live in an age of mass marketing appeal. Just look at the list of names from the 90’s onward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->