Team 1040 vs CKNW 980 ( Dan Russell, Tyler Green, Joe Leary, Paul Debron Fired)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Team 1040 is a steaming pile of garbage. It boggles my mind that people listen to the post game show.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Niether are great, but there not as bad as some are suggesting imo, people just don't like opinions that are different than theirs. I don't listen to sports radio that much though, but I haven't run into many idiots (besides 80% of the callers).

theripper

Jan 22, 2010
Vancouver
the callers on these shows are mostly bozos. rarely will you get a good caller. its always the same crap. its like take last years shows,and replay them.

LuongosTirePump

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
So much hate. I actually find it comical to listen to people with their asinine ideas over the radio, because they usually get pwned by the host. Neither of the stations are all that great, Russel is so far done, and Price can definitely get annoying at times. Although, I would undoubtedly tip my hat towards 1040.

I work evenings sometimes, and do a lot of contract work online, so it's not bad having some hockey filler in the background, but there's no way I would go out of my way to tune in to either show or take anything heard on the air waves with a grain of salt.

One bonus about 980, it's WAY easier to win stuff (I've won Giants tickets twice this year) probably because no one is listening, whereas 1040 is next to impossible.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
He really had his head so far up Quinn's you know what during that time - even during the "nadir point" of the regime.
The 180-degree turn has been nothing short of hilarious, although it's happened over the course of a decade. Their show is for out-of-town fans only now. It's a shame they're still on the air. When David Pratt is far and away the best sports personality on your station, you have a problem.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Team 1040 is a steaming pile of garbage. It boggles my mind that people listen to the post game show.

S-E...........................K-E.....................R-E....................S

Thats Jeff Patterson with 2 'F's and 2 'T's

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Well first time hearing pratt, I can see why people were complaining about knee jerk reactions regarding him and not liking him, hes going off about how we should consider blowing it up in the off season. At least sheldon came on and told him there is no way were at that point such as a teams like calgary is.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Well first time hearing pratt, I can see why people were complaining about knee jerk reactions regarding him and not liking him, hes going off about how we should consider blowing it up in the off season. At least sheldon came on and told him there is no way were at that point such as a teams like calgary is.

Pratt is good at what he does though. He plays it up on purpose. Pratt and Taylor were awesome actually. They complimented each other very well. Pratt was also the one who guy everyone fired up and the guy who people hated(but you still wanted to tune in) while Taylor would play it safe. Back when sports radio here was worth listening to.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Sportstalk+host+Russell+CKNW/8105645/story.html

Dan Russell has been FIRED

Looks like the show a few days ago was so good that they might make the change permanent.

I am assuming Dave Sheldon gets the full gig now, rejoice

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

smith2.gif

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I guess "let go" would be more accurate then fired, but w/e lol

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Damn. You gotta think Sheldon's emergence along with Russell's slow dissent into bitterness caused this. If Sheldon takes over, I might have just found a new place to listen to post-game.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
To be fair, they're not firing Russell, they're just not renewing his contract. OTOH, Russell not being renewed is something in the area of 15 years too late. His sell-by date was around the time Scott Oake had a full head of hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad