Team 1040 vs CKNW 980 ( Dan Russell, Tyler Green, Joe Leary, Paul Debron Fired)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I was a long time listener of team1040, but after the frustrating hosts in price and Jeff, I recently tuned into CKNW 980 Sports Talk and I have to say.

It's not even remotely close. CKNW 980 is by far the best sports-talk show in Vancouver.

Here are a few reasons why I think CKNW has changed significantly and have drastically improved there show.

Team1040 Cons - You can make a point, but you will get cut off after a very short take a majority of the time with ZERO response.

Extreme bias towards the Canucks organization, Refuses to debate topics, If they disagree, that's the end of it.

Talk over callers significantly, Hard to make a point with the constant interruptions.

And most of all, Beat to death the same topics from nearly every single game.

1-2 Hour show.

Team 1040 Pros - They usually have some Canucks guests right after the show, including exclusive radio calls and highlights.

If you get lucky RICK Ball will do a post-game show (Rare)

CKNW 980 Cons - David pratt occasionally does guest appearances. (However he is less annoying then usual)
Dan Russel sometimes is a bit of a FIRED Moron

CKNW 980 Pros - Lets the callers TALK as much as they like, They will answer, Put you on hold, Respond, and then let you respond (usually multiple times)

They don't force you to agree with them, They will let you debate, even if it's a terrible Call.

Simply less bias and honest Hosts, not to mention respectful.

3 Hour show. (sometimes they have 50+ Callers) Like tonight.

Summary: If you guys have NOT listened to CKNW 980 recently, Start listening. They have changed, and are a great radio show in Vancouver.
http://player.cknw.com/
http://www.teamradio.ca/

Last edited:

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
I just read the sports news and keep a eye on Twitter ever now and then. I don't even bother with sports radio. Sometimes if I am bored I will tune in to Team 1040.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
So much better than 1040 it's funny. They are engaged and talk about topics in-depth, fair to callers, etc.

And I like Pratt.

Really has changed a lot, especially with this new guy taking over dan russell (dave sheldon)

Last edited:

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
I just called into 980 and gave my thoughts about why I think AV should go. First time I've ever called into a radio show, I feel a little better now :laugh:

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
TEAM 1040 refuses to let anyone who disagrees with them talk at all, and then spend the next 30 seconds after the call trashing them.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
If 980 is letting people talk something has changed. That is the most annoying thing about these radio shows is how they cut callers off and insert their opinion that you've already heard exactly 64 bazillion times.

Sorry I just don't see these hosts as some wise masters of hockey analysis that they seem to think they are.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
If 980 is letting people talk something has changed. That is the most annoying thing about these radio shows is how they cut callers off and insert their opinion that you've already heard exactly 64 bazillion times.

Sorry I just don't see these hosts as some wise masters of hockey analysis that they seem to think they are.

It has changed.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Neither do I, just followed him on twitter, seems to be a real hockey guy and hockey fan doing a radio show as opposed to being a radio guy who covers hockey simply as a job.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
He is critical of the canucks team and is worried about the team, so I am sure the part of the fanbase who thinks everything is fine and we should support the team even when its putting in garbage effort likely wont enjoy him.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
1040 may have a bias towards the Canucks but Price and Patterson are so anti Canuck that its nauseating. They're terrible.

Actually all of 1040 sucks. Including Taylor.

Pratt on CKNW is the best. By far. Ill give Sheldon a listen.

Although I'd cut Luc off too :laugh:

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
1040 may have a bias towards the Canucks but Price and Patterson are so anti Canuck that its nauseating. They're terrible.

They're not even just anti-Canucks; they don't know what they're talking about...

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008

Love you 2 snake :D :laugh:

M A K A V E L I*

People listen to sports talk shows? Complete waste of your ears.

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
as dan russell likes to say, TEAM 1040 is house radio. you are not allowed to say a single bad thing about mike gillis or you will get the larscheid treatment. it was hilarious hearing them skirt around questions about gillis when callers brought it up.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
90 year old lady calls at 11:55 to end the show, how awesome is that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad