Team 1040 vs CKNW 980 ( Dan Russell, Tyler Green, Joe Leary, Paul Debron Fired)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betamax*

Who is asking the questions, cause if it's still Bro Jay than I have a hard time thinking I'll get much information that makes listening worth it.

Both of them, Pratt leads with the more "biting" questions but Bro Jake has become less of the silly comedic centric interviewer that you heard during the earlier weeks. I believe he is making an effort to become more sports orientated. He's never going to bring the sports journalist type persona to the gig more of a "sports fan" type interviewer. They still have interludes to steer away from sports (more so than any of the other local shows) to make it a "guys" type show with relationship type segments and WTF? type news stories.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
Those that have tuned out on the Bro Jake Show with David Pratt. I suggest you give it another chance before you finally check out. They've actually have implemented a structure to the show, so it's formulaic as the other shows with regular segments such as Canucks' Breakfest and Pratt's Rant and guests to offer the sports elements to the show.

Yesterday, they had Aaron Ward (NHL) and Mitch Berger (NFL) ... which are two ex-players that are actually articulated and interesting to listen to.

Today's show they had among other guest, James Mirtle, (Globe & Mail Hockey Writer who covers the Leafs but is one of the more cerebral sports reporters if you read his articles), Bobby MacKenzie and GMMG.

There's still show fodder that I do without ... like those contest segments where they have callers give their anecdotes to win tickets to concerts or sportings events (I don't really care about listening to the lives of the listeners and callers to the show to be honest) ... less of that is better for the show and when they stretch it out over several minutes that is tune out time for me.

You really seem like a TEAM 1040 shill. I'm starting to think you're on the payroll. :laugh:

Betamax*

You really seem like a TEAM 1040 shill. I'm starting to think you're on the payroll. :laugh:

Uh, yeah ... say anything positive and you're a shill. So those here that back the Tort's philosophy on emphasizing "shot blocking" are part of Coach Tort's PR team.

What have I said here that isn't without merit? I've continued listening to the show on a regular basis unlike others who said they have "tuned" out.

The first week of the show as I stated, was a train wreck and I stated it as such in this thread. So I wasn't a shill back then? But I am now because I'm noticing the changes they are making to the show?

When was the last time you listened to the show?

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Uh, yeah ... say anything positive and you're a shill. So those here that back the Tort's philosophy on emphasizing "shot blocking" are part of Coach Tort's PR team.

What have I said here that isn't without merit? I've continued listening to the show on a regular basis unlike others who said they have "tuned" out.

The first week of the show as I stated, was a train wreck and I stated it as such in this thread. So I wasn't a shill back then? But I am now because I'm noticing the changes they are making to the show?

Dude, give it up. The show is horrible.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Both of them, Pratt leads with the more "biting" questions but Bro Jake has become less of the silly comedic centric interviewer that you heard during the earlier weeks. I believe he is making an effort to become more sports orientated. He's never going to bring the sports journalist type persona to the gig more of a "sports fan" type interviewer. They still have interludes to steer away from sports (more so than any of the other local shows) to make it a "guys" type show with relationship type segments and WTF? type news stories.

I'll probably listen if a guest comes up that interests me or I run out of podcasts and feel the need to get angry at someone. But other than that I'll stick to podcasts and music to get me through the day.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas

I listened on one of the first days it came on the air just out of curiosity. And it sucked. Bad.

I haven't listened since. I'll take your word (s) on it that it's gotten better.

Betamax*

Dude, give it up. The show is horrible.

If your opinion is reflected in the ratings over the next 6 months to a year ... then it will be adios muchacho'ed from the station.

We'll see if you're part of the minority or majority.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Sekeres had the Canucks sleep doctor on today. Pretty good interview. I missed the begining but will definately be downloading the podcast to listen to it in full when I can.

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
If your opinion is reflected in the ratings over the next 6 months to a year ... then it will be adios muchacho'ed from the station.

We'll see if you're part of the minority or majority.

I'll give you that it has improved, however I think while the Bro is making some strides - he is still too much a goofball for my liking - Pratt's flaws and 'Schtick' comes out even more. It had its tolerable moments today, but ...
On another topic media wise, again Gallagher taking backhanded slaps at Hansen. I agree he is not a prototypical no. 1 line winger -- besides Danny, we don't have one -- but Gallagher talks as though Hansen's contributions are minimal outside of an energy winger. He does have some talent and has 2 goals to date. The spiel Gallagher just won't let go on is 'the Hans of stone' meme, and he looks foolish, and B-Mac too, for not challenging him on it, is that Hansen has the makings of a player who brings Burrows-esque versatility.

LolClarkson*

I'll give you that it has improved, however I think while the Bro is making some strides - he is still too much a goofball for my liking - Pratt's flaws and 'Schtick' comes out even more. It had its tolerable moments today, but ...
On another topic media wise, again Gallagher taking backhanded slaps at Hansen. I agree he is not a prototypical no. 1 line winger -- besides Danny, we don't have one -- but Gallagher talks as though Hansen's contributions are minimal outside of an energy winger. He does have some talent and has 2 goals to date. The spiel Gallagher just won't let go on is 'the Hans of stone' meme, and he looks foolish, and B-Mac too, for not challenging him on it, is that Hansen has the makings of a player who brings Burrows-esque versatility.

Tony G loves Hansen. He was just on the pre game show. He just thinks he is an ideal 3rd line guy

Sinochick

Sep 10, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Sekeres had the Canucks sleep doctor on today. Pretty good interview. I missed the begining but will definately be downloading the podcast to listen to it in full when I can.

Can you tell me what hour the sleep doctor was on? (hour #1, hour #2 etc). I do download their podcasts but don't listen to them all. I'll listen if I want to hear a particular guest.

Thanks.

King of the ES*

I'll give you that it has improved, however I think while the Bro is making some strides - he is still too much a goofball for my liking - Pratt's flaws and 'Schtick' comes out even more.

The problem with Jake is that he really doesn't seem to be all that knowledgeable. He tries to fake it, and it's obvious.

Some of Pratt's takes are idiotic, such as him going on and on and on today about how Gillis "had no choice" but to trade Luongo, which is why it was done. Really stupid take, but he clearly believes it, defends it, and it's convincing.

Stonz

Oct 10, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Can you tell me what hour the sleep doctor was on? (hour #1, hour #2 etc). I do download their podcasts but don't listen to them all. I'll listen if I want to hear a particular guest.

Thanks.

Pretty sure it was the first segment after 1 pm, so hour #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->