Confirmed with Link: TEAM 1040: Linden Vey To Accept Qualifying Offer of $735,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Well if Vey makes any sort of positive impact on the team he'll look like a bargain at those dollars anyway.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Another good deal for the Canucks, I'm excited to see what Vey can do, should be one of the most entertaining players to watch this season.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Looking forward to seeing Vey play in a Canucks uni.

Hope this next season is the start of his NHL development.

Solid acquisition and signing.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
The next BMo!
wavetowel.gif

crazyforhockey

Jul 31, 2007
like the end one....sets up two glorious chances with his passing.....and third time he keeps and fires it home

John Bender*

Counting on a duplicate season to his last year in junior, plus a Calder trophy.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Why not just keep Santorelli?

Vey has to improve to be what Santorelli was last year. He's in tough to make the show.

Santorelli wouldn't agree to a one-year deal with the Canucks and Benning likely isn't convinced Santorelli can repeat his performance from last season.

Vey does not have to improve on what Santorelli provided last season. He can be a healthy scratch, fill a 4th line role, and earn his minutes. Including Sestito, there are 12 guys that figure to be on the NHL roster ahead of Vey so he's battling for one of 2 forward spots. Unless Horvat makes the team, Vey is in good position IMO, especially since Jensen is still exempt from waivers.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Counting on a duplicate season to his last year in junior, plus a Calder trophy.

Calder calibre play would be more than my expectations.

I'm projecting and at least hoping for around 25-35 points over the course of a full season, or at least projected that much if he doesn't play a full season due to injury or what have you.

I'd be happy with that at his age and experience level.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Huh, didn't even know that qualifying offers could be two-way.

Makes me even more mad we let Schroeder walk.(in addition to Santorelli, of course)

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver

Makes me even more mad we let Schroeder walk.(in addition to Santorelli, of course)

What exactly would Jordan do here?

he had his chances and was meh...time to move on, hopefully Vey develops but I wonder if he is ever more than an average 2nd line guy.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto

he had his chances and was meh...time to move on, hopefully Vey develops but I wonder if he is ever more than an average 2nd line guy.

Vey had his chance in LA and was even more meh than Schroeder was. Schroeder also didn't cost a 2nd round pick to acquire.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

You could do alot worse than an average second liner for a second-round pick.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

Did he let him walk?

The santorelli story has made no sense to me, benning openly praised him

Canucks general manager Jim Benning has not given up on re-signing Santorelli.

Benning said. “It’s definitely something that could happen in the next couple of days. I like him as a player. He can really shoot the puck.”

Botch claimed months ago before benning was even hired gilman was trying to sign him on another 1 year prove yourself contract, he claimed he wanted to stay in van, but then he left and signed with TO on a 1 year deal anyway.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Calder calibre play would be more than my expectations.

I'm projecting and at least hoping for around 25-35 points over the course of a full season, or at least projected that much if he doesn't play a full season due to injury or what have you.

I'd be happy with that at his age and experience level.

Those numbers would be disappointing considering Benning payed a 2nd and Santorelli, his age (23), style of play (not a defensive forward), and probable 2nd unit PP time.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
You don't really think 18 games over one season is the same as 56 games over two seasons?

Neither sample size is very meaningful, but Schroeder has been the better player during his brief tim in the NHL than Vey has.

Did he let him walk?

The santorelli story has made no sense to me, benning openly praised him

Canucks general manager Jim Benning has not given up on re-signing Santorelli.

Benning said. “It’s definitely something that could happen in the next couple of days. I like him as a player. He can really shoot the puck.â€

Botch claimed months ago before benning was even hired gilman was trying to sign him on another 1 year prove yourself contract, he claimed he wanted to stay in van, but then he left and signed with TO on a 1 year deal anyway.

Here's another quote on Santorelli by Benning:

Benning on Santorelli - he's in our plans if we can't get a true top-six forward. If not, we'll circle back to him

https://twitter.com/TEAM1040/status/484107588066615296

For some reason Benning decided that since we signed Vrbata we didn't need Santorelli in the lineup but still felt the need to trade for Vey to play virtually the exact same role despite being much more likely to fail than Santorelli who already has proven chemistry here as well as (had) a strong desire to play here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad