Speculation: TDL (02/24) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Makes one think that the Sharks are going to extend Dell. I suppose there aren't going to be cheap/better options out there!

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Who would have thought that prior to the deadline we would trade Marleau, Dillon, and Goodrow, and that the biggest return would come for Barclay-shut-up-and-jam?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Makes one think that the Sharks are going to extend Dell. I suppose there aren't going to be cheap/better options out there!

They could do that. But going in with Jones/Dell again will basically make DW look like an idiot if the same thing happens as the start of this season. I would think he will target a goalie RFA and/or a UFA.

RussianShark

Cheech
Mar 15, 2009
Bay Area
While I acknowledge your points, they are both horrible lines of thinking and if anyone in the org is truly thinking that then they should be fired immediately.

#1 - Dell is not a starting goalie and if they are actually working on an extension then that ensures that we are going to suck again next year.

#2 - Any asset is better than no asset. Don't care if it is a 7th in 2037. It is still more than you get by letting him expire as a UFA for nothing.

You have to remember these are real people and this isn't a video game. Trading Dell for a late pick would be pretty senseless. Morale and culture are real things that you have to consider.

By all accounts, he is a really well-liked guy by his teammates. He has brought some stability to the goalie position which any hockey player would tell you is the position you don't want to tamper with. This is a good situation for Dell to build up his value as a 1A starter in a lost season, and it would reflect poorly on the org to cut him for scraps.

Korenar and Sawchenko are barely hanging on in the AHL, I doubt either would be ready to even be NHL back-ups at the moment.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Better be for SUPER cheap. In a world where Francouz only got $2 mil AAV as a pending UFA, Dell better be $1 mil or less or I am out on that deal.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
I think DW did good so far!

Players out - Dillion, Marleau and Goodrow.
Assets/Picks back - 1st, 3rd, 3rd and a 4th. LD Davidson.

If this is the end of trade deadline i'm happy with the picks we got. With the exception of
Dillion none of these players are top players. We got allot back!

Davidson is a depth player so i'm meh on him.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Watch knowing how f***ed this season is, Jumbo is gonna go PPG to end the season and DW will just assume our center depth will be good once Hertl and Couture are back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad