Speculation: TDL (02/24) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Amazing how someone can be so upset when we just got a first round pick for a 4th liner and a potential 2nd (definite 3rd) for a 42 year old who has 10 goals and we acquired for free this season.
What does Aaron Dell being on this roster have to do with the Goodrow deal? I'm flabbergasted by how insane of a connection you are trying to make here... I literally said that the Goodrow return was great in another post. Still has nothing to do with why you can't do more by moving another asset whose value will never be higher (i.e. Dell).

Reactions: Alaskanice

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'm guessing we trade the COL 2nd back to get a 4th. PHI 3rd trade back can maybe get another 4th. SJ 5th trade back to get two 6ths? And trade PITT and WSH 7th for a 6th

Reactions: Friday

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
What does Aaron Dell being on this roster have to do with the Goodrow deal? I'm flabbergasted by how insane of a connection you are trying to make here... I literally said that the Goodrow return was great in another post. Still has nothing to do with why you can't do more by moving another asset whose value will never be higher (i.e. Dell).

It's the tone of your posts. Crapping on the person that Jumbo is, whining about not getting even a 7th for Dell (Maybe DW is going to re-sign him/maybe there weren't any offers?). Jumbo is incredibly loyal to the Sharks, San Jose and the franchise that has been home to him for a long time. You thinking less of a 42 year old, while not even knowing the full details of the discussions that occurred is just laughable to me. It's just a level of negativity I can't comprehend on a day that was one of the few bright spots of the season.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Holy shit really? The Sharks absolutely fleece Tampa and Kurz is complaining? I'm absolutely convinced he doesn't watch hockey.
He said it's a good return, but that the Sharks have no forward depth next year and that Goodrow was a great PK'er.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I mean we'll see what the 1st round pick turns into. Goodrow was a good soldier for the team. Played the right way, always gave 110% and was fantastic on PK as a result. I think it's going to be a lot harder to replace Goodie than a lot of people realize. Players like that don't just appear out of no where. We'll see if we can turn that 1st into something worth while, but honestly, it's probably gonna be like 27OA.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Kurz really thinks keeping Goodrow and Melker makes more sense than getting a top sixer and replacing the bottom six

I feel like he's purposely doing devils advocate. If a team offers you a first round pick for Goodrow, you take it. Plain and simple. You can probably trade that first rounder on draft day for a much better player than Goodrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad