Confirmed with Link: [TBL/VGK] Gusev, 2017 2nd, 2018 4th to select Garrison in 2017 Vegas Expansion Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The thing I'm scared about is why are we clearing so much cap space this year? We are really fine till kucherov needs a new deal.

When Kucherov is due for a raise we have Coburn and Stralman coming off the books, that's 8.2 so Kucherov can get almost 13mil and we'd be ok.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
When Kucherov is due for a raise we have Coburn and Stralman coming off the books, that's 8.2 so Kucherov can get almost 13mil and we'd be ok.

Ya but you know yzerman will hand out two or three dumb contracts to get us in trouble before him.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well, we have a week or so of debating this before he gives Shattenkirk $50m.

I think it will be hilarious well not in a good way if both the Rangers and Tampa enter a bidding war for Shattenkirk. But think Shatty would be a better fit in NY and is needed there more. Rangers have McDonagh and after that it drops off. Although Brady Skjei has been impressive. Tampa at least has Stralman after Hedman. Also, like I said before think Shatty has his eyes set on NY, he is from the area and has wanted to play for the Rangers.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I think it will be hilarious well not in a good way if both the Rangers and Tampa enter a bidding war for Shattenkirk. But think Shatty would be a better fit in NY and is needed there more. Rangers have McDonagh and after that it drops off. Although Brady Skjei has been impressive. Tampa at least has Stralman after Hedman. Also, like I said before think Shatty has his eyes set on NY, he is from the area and has wanted to play for the Rangers.

I have to disagree with you on this. I think Tampa needs a puck moving, PP point RHD as much as anyone in the league. Shattenkirk (ideally) is a perfect fit for us. However, his defensive acumen and price tag are a major concern.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Shatty has already stated that he wanted to move to New York, be interesting to see if money changes his mind. Would most likely be a better fit there than here IMO. I would take Oshie if we are looking for someone from the Free agents, then trade for either Dumba, Brodin, Scandella, Hamonic.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
My ideal lineup with all the cap we have:

Oshie - Stamkos - Kucherov
Palat - Johnson - Marleau
Killorn - Point - Callahan
Names - Gourde - Don't Care

Hedman - Shattenkirk
Brodin - Stralman
Coburn - Serge/Dotchin

Vasi

Totally realistic, right guys?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I have to disagree with you on this. I think Tampa needs a puck moving, PP point RHD as much as anyone in the league. Shattenkirk (ideally) is a perfect fit for us. However, his defensive acumen and price tag are a major concern.

Seems like a lefty puck-mover might actually be a better fit right now. Someone to play with Stralman. No longer looks like we have room for a righty PP QB on the first unit, given the success of Hedman-Kucherov. We'll see if they can keep that up without Drouin, but our PP was the only thing separating us from a top-5 pick.

Shatty has already stated that he wanted to move to New York, be interesting to see if money changes his mind. Would most likely be a better fit there than here IMO. I would take Oshie if we are looking for someone from the Free agents, then trade for either Dumba, Brodin, Scandella, Hamonic.

Unless I missed something, I don't think shattenkirk ever said that. It was reported that he might have one team in mind, but then it was later reported that he was simply dead set on testing the UFA waters. I might have missed the actual statement though, if indeed there is one.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Seems like a lefty puck-mover might actually be a better fit right now. Someone to play with Stralman. No longer looks like we have room for a righty PP QB on the first unit, given the success of Hedman-Kucherov. We'll see if they can keep that up without Drouin, but our PP was the only thing separating us from a top-5 pick.

Unless I missed something, I don't think shattenkirk ever said that. It was reported that he might have one team in mind, but then it was later reported that he was simply dead set on testing the UFA waters. I might have missed the actual statement though, if indeed there is one.

Hedman is a lefty that passes to the right circle where the lefty Kucherov shoots. We still need a righty PP point that passes to Stamkos the same way. We haven't had that since freaking Foster.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Unless I missed something, I don't think shattenkirk ever said that. It was reported that he might have one team in mind, but then it was later reported that he was simply dead set on testing the UFA waters. I might have missed the actual statement though, if indeed there is one.[/QUOTE]

That team was, in fact, New York, I can't see him coming already turned us down once.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hedman is a lefty that passes to the right circle where the lefty Kucherov shoots. We still need a righty PP point that passes to Stamkos the same way. We haven't had that since freaking Foster.

Stamkos is likely to take Drouin's spot rather than be on a second unit though. I'd rather keep Hedman on the blueline to feed both of them rather than acquire a righty just to feed stamkos. Even if we do go after shattenkirk, I don't think we should be messing with the success of Hedman-Kucherov.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

That team was, in fact, New York, I can't see him coming already turned us down once.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but did he say that? I know the media speculated about it. But later they changed gears and said he was simply intent on testing free agency.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Stamkos is likely to take Drouin's spot rather than be on a second unit though. I'd rather keep Hedman on the blueline to feed both of them rather than acquire a righty just to feed stamkos. Even if we do go after shattenkirk, I don't think we should be messing with the success of Hedman-Kucherov.

You do not know Stamkos is going to take Drouins spot. If anything, I would say that's not smart and Stamkos/Kuch habe to be split to have two successful PP units.

Nobody is suggesting splitting up Hedman and Kuch. Rather having two successful units with Stamkos/Shattenkirk and Hedman/Kucherov

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

Quite frankly I find him to be slow, too. His skating really left me with a bad taste during the playoffs, he finds himself out of position and doesn't seem to recover quickly. I know STL played a bit more patiently and let D drive play a lot of times, but eesh.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
You do not know Stamkos is going to take Drouins spot. If anything, I would say that's not smart and Stamkos/Kuch habe to be split to have two successful PP units.

Nobody is suggesting splitting up Hedman and Kuch. Rather having two successful units with Stamkos/Shattenkirk and Hedman/Kucherov

Which unit do you **** off by playing 30 seconds per PP though?

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Quite frankly I find him to be slow, too. His skating really left me with a bad taste during the playoffs, he finds himself out of position and doesn't seem to recover quickly. I know STL played a bit more patiently and let D drive play a lot of times, but eesh.

I won't argue, and in a vacuum shatty had a bad playoffs fo sho. But we all have to remember he was a trade deadline acquisition, and couldn't have been indoctrinated properly.

I still don't want him and don't think he'll come.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If Shattenkirk didn't want the moon, I'd be okay with signing him.

What about if the target is Kris Russell or Karl Alzner?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If Shattenkirk didn't want the moon, I'd be okay with signing him.

What about if the target is Kris Russell or Karl Alzner?

Would rather go after one of Vegas or Minny's dmen. We can trade futures for roster right now. Nate Schmidt or Brodin/Scandella would be my target.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Alzner and Russell are going to get paid big, and do not solve the offensive black hole on our blueline.

A pure offensive minded guy is what we need. Enter Shatty

Just don't overpay too much. Stick to that original contract offered which we can cope with but still a ton of money and risk.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
wouldn't want someone from NYI?

List wasn't meant to be exhaustive, but they have some decent guys available as well. Vatanen could also (still) be a possibility, although I don't love the prospect of waiting for him to get healthy before he can contribute.

Ozolinsh_27

Apr 1, 2005
What?! What!? Russel is a stats disaster with no foot speed. Alzner was/is decent. It would really depend on the money spent, but I'd be ok with alzner.

Alzer is good defensively, offensively there is a lot left to be desired. I'm not sure how much improvement he can make there since he openly stated that he has broken his hands so much he can't even open jars anymore.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
What?! What!? Russel is a stats disaster with no foot speed. Alzner was/is decent. It would really depend on the money spent, but I'd be ok with alzner.

Alzner isn't much better, honestly. Looks a lot like Garrison 2.0.

Russell... yeah, I know, but he also blocks a ton of shots and would be 4/5 filler which I think we could hide him through.

I mean, ideally, we pick neither player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad