Confirmed with Link: [TBL/OTT] Ryan Callahan & a 2020 5th rd pick for Mike Condon and a 2020 6th rd pick

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Beautiful deal for the lightning, helps us sign point..
but I still feel for Dom. He played well for us last year and now he's getting screwed.
Not really. If we can take JBB at face value, we're trading him so he can have more opportunity elsewhere. Sounds like we, and dom himself, see him as a potential starter and we want to cash in on that.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Not really. If we can take JBB at face value, we're trading him so he can have more opportunity elsewhere. Sounds like we, and dom himself, see him as a potential starter and we want to cash in on that.
Right, we're not exactly throwing him out like trash. After his impressive record last year, I'm sure he's feeling very marketable right now. Probably more than he's ever been.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Right, we're not exactly throwing him out like trash. After his impressive record last year, I'm sure he's feeling very marketable right now. Probably more than he's ever been.
Yeah. If he can get 30 starts somewhere else, or even split time with somebody, he could get himself a life-changing contract. Nobody's getting that kind of opportunity here, barring injury.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
Beautiful deal for the lightning, helps us sign point..
but I still feel for Dom. He played well for us last year and now he's getting screwed.

I'll miss Domingue, he was a lot of fun last year. But I get the impression he priced himself out of Tampa. Our real cap crunch is next year, and we can't afford to pay an extra penny to our backup goalie. It seems we talked to Dom about an extension, and then signed McElhinney for less than Dom was demanding.

Best case scenario all around is we can find a team that wants Dom as their 1B goalie, and will pay him like it, and will compensate us like it.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Domingue was a funny guy, but he wasn't exactly good when Vasi went down. He wasn't even decent, he was awful. People point out his W/L ratio and say he was good but they forget that we averaged 4 goals per game during that period.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Domingue was a funny guy, but he wasn't exactly good when Vasi went down. He wasn't even decent, he was awful. People point out his W/L ratio and say he was good but they forget that we averaged 4 goals per game during that period.
He seemed to me like an average back-up. He was terrible when the starts piled up, but decent when he was just playing the odd game. Sometimes great. And we could usually count on him for a big save late. That said, I think a lot of teams will look at 21-5 and try him out in a 1B role.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Ya Tampa was cursed with bad goalies for years till bishop and Vasilevskiy got here

Khabibulin would like a word with you... ;) But yeah, aside from those three (and Puppa to a lesser extent) the goaltending has been absolutely horrid. That's mostly why I don't have a problem with Vasy's contract. Especially since he'll only be 33 when it ends.

Reactions: DaBolts

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side

Meh, not awful. Just replacement-level. 24th in GAA, 35th in Save %.

Reactions: Hoek

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Khabibulin would like a word with you... ;) But yeah, aside from those three (and Puppa to a lesser extent) the goaltending has been absolutely horrid. That's mostly why I don't have a problem with Vasy's contract. Especially since he'll only be 33 when it ends.
Ya khabibulin was a beast but was only here I think for 4 seasons! I’m still pissed to this day feaster didn’t resign him for another 4 years. Puppy was very good but injuries ruined his time in Tampa. After bulin it was horrible for like 7-8 years bad goalies! Other then roloson for a year

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I've been proposing a Callahan for Condon swap since the season ended. Even before he went on LTIR I thought it was a good trade for both teams. Glad to see Brisebois is finally listening to me.

As for the goalie situation Condon will clear waivers while Domingue won't so you have to trade Domingue, his cap should go to Erne. If Condon can show something again he could help Syracuse or be traded to z team looking for a better 3rd goalie. To me Wedgewood should be the 3rd.

Reactions: Todd1a

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I've been proposing a Callahan for Condon swap since the season ended. Even before he went on LTIR I thought it was a good trade for both teams. Glad to see Brisebois is finally listening to me.

As for the goalie situation Condon will clear waivers while Domingue won't so you have to trade Domingue, his cap should go to Erne. If Condon can show something again he could help Syracuse or be traded to z team looking for a better 3rd goalie. To me Wedgewood should be the 3rd.
What do you do with Martin now ? Who signed on to be the back up for the crunch ?

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
JBB has channeled the YzerGod and is now stealing his thunder. Brilliant move and well played. This should get Point signed, Erne signed, and hopefully leave us room to make at trade at the deadline for blue line help if we need it.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
JBB has channeled the YzerGod and is now stealing his thunder. Brilliant move and well played. This should get Point signed, Erne signed, and hopefully leave us room to make at trade at the deadline for blue line help if we need it.
Now we have the room to give Luke schenn his extension the following year also

Lol

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I think there was a post that JBB has to get 3 epic steals before he earns his 'F' and becomes JBFB or whatever.

Pretty sure this is two.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What do you do with Martin now ? Who signed on to be the back up for the crunch ?

Nothing yet, he stills needs to earn the backup job as Fucale is most likely going to be in camp as well trying to win that job too. Condon was injured almost all of last year, I think he played 4 games, so you need to see how healthy he is. Then you let them all get some games to see who's the best. Whoever doesn't cut it you look to move, you could always loan one to another AHL club if you can't find a trade too. We need to worry about getting a decent return on Domingue first.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Nothing yet, he stills needs to earn the backup job as Fucale is most likely going to be in camp as well trying to win that job too. Condon was injured almost all of last year, I think he played 4 games, so you need to see how healthy he is. Then you let them all get some games to see who's the best. Whoever doesn't cut it you look to move, you could always loan one to another AHL club if you can't find a trade too. We need to worry about getting a decent return on Domingue first.

What do you Think we can get for dom ? As far as places we could send him I see maybe Colorado and the blue jackets?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What do you Think we can get for dom ? As far as places we could send him I see maybe Colorado and the blue jackets?

A 3rd. Neither of those teams have a 3rd next year so maybe a 4th plus C prospect?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00