Confirmed with Link: [TBL/OTT] Ryan Callahan & a 2020 5th rd pick for Mike Condon and a 2020 6th rd pick

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Vasi
Louis
McBackup
Condon

Wedgewood
Fucale
Martin

That’s a lot of G
Fucale is below Martin on the depth chart.

Something to keep in mind is that TB doesn't necessarily need to trade an AHL goalie (Fucale is on an AHL deal). They can loan them to another AHL team. They'd still take a spot on the contract limit, but they wouldn't be competing for time with the guys in Syracuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Catalyst

ArmaHedman

Nov 30, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Do we know hoe long Condon is signed for and his salary? Trying to think why Ottawa would do us this favor for the price that was paid?

/

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Just over 10 in cap space now with Condon burried according to CapFriendly. In position to sign Point. Maybe if he takes a bridge we can upgrade something else going forward too.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Do we know hoe long Condon is signed for and his salary? Trying to think why Ottawa would do us this favor for the price that was paid?

/
1 more year. We are eating 1.3 in cap space having him in the minors (but the issue is apparently cash related).

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So Toronto acquires Clarkson for the LTIR space. We trade Callahan for cap space. Can someone more enlightened than me explain the difference? Is it just Toronto taking a gamble while we're going the safer route?

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com

/
The cap hit is $2.4 Million and this is his last year of his deal but the actual salary for this upcoming is $3 Million. That's why Ottawa did it. Cheap ass Melnyk only wants to pay out $900K (Cally after insurance) versus having to pay out $3 mill to Condon.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
So Toronto acquires Clarkson for the LTIR space. We trade Callahan for cap space. Can someone more enlightened than me explain the difference? Is it just Toronto taking a gamble while we're going the safer route?

Toronto doesnt have the large amount of bonus's going to their elc players that TB does from what I gathered. So they dont have a whole lot roll over into next years cap compared to us.

Reactions: DFC

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Toronto was going to be using ltir anyway with Hortons contract, so Clarkson let them use more of it to sign Marner. But that means they cant do swat without moving salary at the deadline (cap space wont accrue through the season).

We got actual cap space, which allows us to maybe add a 6m player at the deadline (more or less depending on Points contract).

Reactions: DFC

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Toronto doesnt have the large amount of bonus's going to their elc players that TB does from what I gathered. So they dont have a whole lot roll over into next years cap compared to us.
Only player with any bonuses is Sergachev (and maybe Foote), but their bonuses will be relatively small. I dont think that was a consideration.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Only player with any bonuses is Sergachev (and maybe Foote), but their bonuses will be relatively small. I dont think that was a consideration.

That was what I heard or read. I didnt know how much Serg or our elc guys have in bonuses but I thought it was a bit more than theirs which sounded like nothing.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
That was what I heard or read. I didnt know how much Serg or our elc guys have in bonuses but I thought it was a bit more than theirs which sounded like nothing.
The roll over would be like max 250k or something like that. Not nothing, but probably not the motivation.

This is for deadline space pure and simple.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Maybe people now on this forum will realize Callahan legitimately has a condition where he cannot play anymore, and is not circumventing the cap for Tampa. No way in hell he'd waive to play in Ottawa.
That does bring up some interesting thoughts though about how they'll handle this since he is technically an Ottawa Senator now. Maybe they want him involved in other ways, or maybe that let him and his family be to do what they want.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
That does bring up some interesting thoughts though about how they'll handle this since he is technically an Ottawa Senator now. Maybe they want him involved in other ways, or maybe that let him and his family be to do what they want.

This is a money move, but figuring that since Cally knows people with the Sens (like Dorion), I think they'd find some role for him.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Tampa didn't sign McE with Domingue on the roster to keep him on the bench or put him in the AHL. He's the backup. I imagine Domingue gets moved and Condon either gets moved as well or put in the AHL.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The roll over would be like max 250k or something like that. Not nothing, but probably not the motivation.

This is for deadline space pure and simple.
So for them it's simply about Marner, because they can't sign him without the extra space? But where we're not quite as desperate for the space with Point, it's better to move the contract for flexibility at the deadline? Am I on the right track?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad