Confirmed with Link: [TBL/OTT] Ryan Callahan & a 2020 5th rd pick for Mike Condon and a 2020 6th rd pick

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
1200px-Domino%27s_pizza_logo.svg.png

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Tampa Bay system goes from "goalie starved" to "over-fed" in just a few weeks. Depending on further moves, goaltending seems to now be beyond solid before camp starts. Going to be VERY interesting to see just how strong the competition is in net.
Tampa Bay Salary Cap goes from "Cap Space starved" to the 7th most cap space in the league in a matter of a few days... JBB is a genius in case there was any doubt.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
So for them it's simply about Marner, because they can't sign him without the extra space? But where we're not quite as desperate for the space with Point, it's better to move the contract for flexibility at the deadline? Am I on the right track?
Exactly. They needed to maximize LTIR since the probability of Marner holding out is fairly high.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
According to Capfriendly Condon's current contract has 1 yr left at $3M and has a cap hit of 2.4M, however if sent to the AHL his cap hit will only be $1.325M.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
His contracts are a little crazy like the Vasilevskiy one but he has Been managing it well
Vasy is quite possibly going to become the best in the world. I am never going to fault someone for getting paid like it. I mean you're right it's a lot of money but I'm the type of fan who can't put a price on world class goaltending. God knows we were in the wilderness for how long after Bulin left

We've got 9 years we might as well use em right?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Vasy is quite possibly going to become the best in the world. I am never going to fault someone for getting paid like it. I mean you're right it's a lot of money but I'm the type of fan who can't put a price on world class goaltending. God knows we were in the wilderness for how long after Bulin left

We've got 9 years we might as well use em right?
Ya Tampa was cursed with bad goalies for years till bishop and Vasilevskiy got here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad