Confirmed with Link: [TBL/OTT] Ryan Callahan & a 2020 5th rd pick for Mike Condon and a 2020 6th rd pick

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Next year is tougher than this year for sure, but we have a lot NTCs that become a lot more relaxed.

I think this deal is a sign Point is close. Callahan's LTIR was a safety net, and now we don't need it, IMO.
Lol it’s close and yet August 23rd and still no point deal lol

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Things being what they are, I bought out Palat next offseason the last time I made an honest attempt at filling out the roster. I'm not sure how the extensions are here (too much/too little?)
e89ff8dee77bd272a5114b44fba2dd83.png
No way cirelli and cernak sign for that little

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sergachev still has pedigree, but if Cernak stays ahead of him for another year, he has to be our priority. I think it's very plausible we end up forced to move Sergachev.

Reactions: Richard Cranium

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Yeah, I guess I'm not really familiar with the team at all after last season. I missed the entire thing except for games 1 and 4 of the playoffs.

Reactions: DFC

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Sergachev still has pedigree, but if Cernak stays ahead of him for another year, he has to be our priority. I think it's very plausible we end up forced to move Sergachev.

I see that as a possibility but far away. Maybe smart to move Sergachev while he has big value

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I see that as a possibility but far away. Maybe smart to move Sergachev while he has big value

It depends on what Sergachev asks for in July, and whether or not he takes a big step forward this year. If his play stays more/less the same, and he asks for 4+m, which isn't unrealistic given his point totals, I think our hand might be forced. We have Cernak, Cirelli, and others coming up at the same time.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If Cally takes a job with the organization which seems he wants to, you will never get rid of me, Muhahahaha!!

It will be very odd to say your favorite player is the public relations guy. :p

But Cally seems pretty genuine about possibly sticking around. It doesn't seem like lip service.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It will be very odd to say your favorite player is the public relations guy. :p

But Cally seems pretty genuine about possibly sticking around. It doesn't seem like lip service.

Lol, favorite “former” player.

Regardless, he has good taste, it’s a great area and plan to live down there more in the coming years.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Things being what they are, I bought out Palat next offseason the last time I made an honest attempt at filling out the roster. I'm not sure how the extensions are here (too much/too little?)
e89ff8dee77bd272a5114b44fba2dd83.png

This was depressing to look at. No Palat or Killorn and we're still right up against the cap, and that's with underestimating Cirelli/Cernak's contracts.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This was depressing to look at. No Palat or Killorn and we're still right up against the cap, and that's with underestimating Cirelli/Cernak's contracts.

Note of positivity: Cap probably won't stay more/less stagnant for another year. It's risen 10m since 2015/16, and that's with the minimal movement this year. So we can hope for another 2 or 3 to play with. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. But I don't think it's quite as dire as that projection looks.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Well, Palat was a buy out because he isn't movable (except sending him to the AHL, I guess). It gave something like 1.2m cap relief for that year and then his cap hit drops to 1.8ish for the final 3 years (IIRC).

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Note of positivity: Cap probably won't stay more/less stagnant for another year. It's risen 10m since 2015/16, and that's with the minimal movement this year. So we can hope for another 2 or 3 to play with. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. But I don't think it's quite as dire as that projection looks.
How many times was the escalator used by the players in that period though? They seem to have started to figure out that escalator = escrow, so they might not use it any more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad