Confirmed Trade: [TBL/NJD] Devils trade Blake Coleman to Lightning for Nolan Foote, VAN 2020 1st

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Holy crap. Nolan Foote and a 1st for Blake Coleman? He’s a great playoff addition but I cannot believe that return.

Reactions: Morrison

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Didn’t realize Coleman had another year. Makes more sense now in the return. TB is and has been a win now team with serious cup aspirations. Coleman is a good add for them.

Good trade for both IMO. That cap hit is great for Tampa this year and next and Blake will really help TB

Reactions: DaBolts

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
i am shocked at the return NJ got.

I am obviously missing something and Coleman is EXTREMELY a lot better than I thought

Reactions: Morrison

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Rangers should explore moving Strome. Center, 2 years younger, better overall production this year. Knock would be that he's an RFA this summer and would cost around $4.5-5MM/year longish term.

Reactions: Calad

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This seems like way too much to give up for a guy who has never had 40 points and is playing high on a bad lineup, even with the extra year.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I really like Coleman. Everything he's been doing this season is good. He will fit in perfectly with Tampa. Contract works too, makes us better for the next two years. But that said, I could stomach sending on of those pieces, but both? That's rough. But if Coleman gets us to the Finals, I'll be completely fine with everything. We still have one Foote to stand on.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I like the fit for Coleman on Tampa but wow that's a high price.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
****ing insane return.

But, frankly, Coleman is the exact "ingredient" that Tampa needs and has needed in the playoffs. TB gave up a ton of value but Coleman will be worth it, trust me/us.
This is my feeling. I hate the overpayment, but I know Coleman is the perfect player for us. We don't need offensive output from him, we need all the other things he does.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
If Coleman helps them win a cup, he’s worth it. Oh yeah, and he’s signed for under 2 mil next year too. The value is fine. You’d realize that if you knew how good Coleman has been.

I know Coleman as a player well and I wouldn't give up two firsts for him. I also know why Tampa did this. I can think it is horrendous value and a good fit. It is horrendous value. No doubt about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad