Confirmed with Link: [TBL/MTL] D Mikhail Sergachev + cond. 2nd (2018) for L Jonathan Drouin + cond. 6th (2018)

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I know Drouin is a good player but from what I heard he was not a good teammate. Not only was he immature but unprofessional. The writing was on the wall for Drouin getting traded from TB it was just a matter of when. As we said many times on here, SY wanted to get a good return for him. They brought him back to get his value increased. He's got talent and he showed that, problem was the attitude. If that gets fixed Montreal has a good player. But if that doesn't get fixed don't be surprised to see Drouin get traded before his contract finishes with the Habs.
:cry:
Yeah by Minus I more or less meant non existent. :laugh:

Come on, that's not fair. He is pretty ok on defense and actually tried this season unlike some players (cough Johnson cough). Obviously not in the stratosphere of Datsyuk there, but respectable on D.

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006

I know they both say the same thing, but, damn would it be funny if the french part ripped on the Lightning, his teammates, and the fans instead.

Someone who speaks french and has some decent photoshop skill should totally make this happen.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I know they both say the same thing, but, damn would it be funny if the french part ripped on the Lightning, his teammates, and the fans instead.

Someone who speaks french and has some decent photoshop skill should totally make this happen.

:laugh:

OMG somebody has to do this.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Do we have anyone speaking French here? I've studied for three years but it wouldn't be really convincing if I did it.

Might have to make peace with someone from the Habs' board. I mean, we'll be bad mouthing the Lightning ("They have an ***hole for a coach, a sociopath for a GM, and all my teammates had drug problems."), so you'd think they'd be up for a joint effort.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Might have to make peace with someone from the Habs' board. I mean, we'll be bad mouthing the Lightning ("They have an ***hole for a coach, a sociopath for a GM, and all my teammates had drug problems."), so you'd think they'd be up for a joint effort.

Is there a report I missed, or are you being jocular?

Malone was before Drouin's day...

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Just slightly modify LNU's Kevin Durant rant.

Do you mean that rant ? Sorry I don't follow the NBA

Like I’m the reason why (expletive) Orlando couldn’t make the playoffs for five, six years in a row?” he said. “Am I the reason that Brooklyn gave all their picks to Boston? Like, am I the reason that they’re not that good (laughs). I can’t play for every team, so the truth of the matter is I left one team. It’s one more team that you probably would’ve thought would’ve been a contender. One more team. I couldn’t have made the (entire) East better. I couldn’t have made everybody (else) in the West better.

I Translated it figuratively, otherwise it'd have very little connection to Jo.

"Comme ci c'était ma de faute si cette foutue franchise dans le trou de balle de la Floride n'a pas fait les playoffs ? C'est aussi de ma faute si Yzerman a echanger Ben Bishop et Brian Boyle pour des tours de drafts ? Ouais, c'est ma faute si c'est une équipe gerer par des bons à rien, hahaha !
Ce qu'il faut savoir, c'est que je ne peux pas jouer 30 minutes par match, Tampa n'est pas assez solide pour faire les playoffs, surtout avec un ane comme Jon Cooper aux commandes, désolé je suis pas faiseur de miracle ! Du coup je me taille chez moi, la-bas au moins ils m'aiment. Tampa c'est nul et il fait trop chaud de toute facon. Par contre je vais vous faire pleurer à chaque fois qu'on se croisera sur la glace, vous pouvez comptez la-dessus !"

Edit : I don't know what's wrong with the accented letters on here, wow. Edited to be readable.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/victor-hedman-a-longshot-for-norris-wednesday/2327862

Joe Smith caught up with Hedman. They discuss Hedman winning gold at the World Championships, being a Norris Trophy finalist, and this past season.

Here's Hedman on the Drouin/Sergachev trade

Q: What did you think of the Jonathan Drouin trade?

A: I was kind of shocked to see it at first. It's a tough business. You see so many guys go. We believe in the plan we've got for our team. With the expansion draft and us being close to the cap, it's a tough business. You've got to move pieces sometimes. To see Dru go, it's always tough to see guys go. Dru is going to have a tremendous career in the NHL. It's tough when we have a successful team, guys are going to get extensions and make more money, and it's tough when you know the cap doesn't move that much, to get everyone in.

"On the other hand, I'm really excited to see Sergachev, and see what he can bring to the team and the organization. I haven't seen him play that much. But from what I've heard and talked to people, he's a grade-A prospect. So it'll be fun to see him in training camp and see where he stands and see what kind of player he is."
Q: Do you think the Lightning has to make any more offseason moves?

A: You'll have to ask Steve (Yzerman). He's got his plan. We believe, I believe in this plan that we're heading, and that's the main, one of the big reasons I stayed and committed to Tampa for a long time. I believe we have a team that's going to play for a playoff spot and be a competitive team that's going to play for a playoff spot and be competitive going down the stretch. So we'll see what happens. It's a different year with a new team coming in. We'll see what else happens this summer and I'm sure it'll be a busy summer. But we'll see where we land with it."

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
This quote from Sergachev makes me nervous.

" I feel like I had enough juniors and I played a lot in juniors and I learned a lot in those two years. And I feel like this is my time to play in the NHL and I'll do my best and play my best to make the Lightning roster."

He is in that darn nether world where he is too good for juniors, too young for the AHL, and not ready for the NHL. He came up after Windsor got knocked out and didn’t look ready. Renaud Lavoie said in an interview that he is 4 years away and needs AHL time. Now, that sounds like an exaggeration because he’s trying to justify the Habs trading him, but still. I hope it is not a situation like with Drouin where he is pissed off at getting sent back to juniors and things get off on the wrong foot. Pressure to put him on the roster could wreck his development. Patience is in order, but is the kid willing to be patient?

Habs fan coming in peace........

I have been calling for Bergevin to trade Sergachev for a while now. I have seen him play live many times and have also watched him s much as possible on tv. His lack of hockey IQ is cause for great concern. He started playing hockey at 12 years old and has incredible physical tools but his vision and understanding of the game are shockingly bad.

I am not coming to cause problems just to share some truth as opposed to nonsensical hype. This kid has huge upside but I believe he will be very hard pressed to reach it as he does not seem to have anything resembling a toolbox. Imo it was an enormous mistake drafting him at 9th overall and Bergevin should be commended for fixing the mistake before his stock fell.

I honestly hope he does well, but you also needed to be warned as to the reason that he was available.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Oh geez! Thanks for warning us. Thankfully we have hf scouts here to set the record straight. Bolts scouting team are cap and obviously lost the trade.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

I have been calling for Bergevin to trade Sergachev for a while now. I have seen him play live many times and have also watched him s much as possible on tv. His lack of hockey IQ is cause for great concern. He started playing hockey at 12 years old and has incredible physical tools but his vision and understanding of the game are shockingly bad.

I am not coming to cause problems just to share some truth as opposed to nonsensical hype. This kid has huge upside but I believe he will be very hard pressed to reach it as he does not seem to have anything resembling a toolbox. Imo it was an enormous mistake drafting him at 9th overall and Bergevin should be commended for fixing the mistake before his stock fell.

I honestly hope he does well, but you also needed to be warned as to the reason that he was available.

Thank you for gracing us with your wisdom and knowledge. :shakehead

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
From every bit of reading I have done with respect to Sergachev, good or bad, is "aggressive".

That fits our style of play, he will fit in perfectly. He has an advanced understanding of the transitional offense and will put up fantastic advanced stats and puck possession numbers through that alone.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
The guy is just sharing is opinion, he hasn't been rude and he expressed his thoughts quite honestly. No need to jump down someone's throat because he said something we don't like to hear.

The thing is, Yzerman watched him in person several times and still took the decision to trade Drouin for him. I'll trust his judgment on that.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Drouin was available because he is not a team player. So good luck with that.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC

Sergachev started playing hockey at 9, not 12.

Whatever is said about Sergachev is a projection. He is a young prospect, playing a challenging position. Takes young D time to develop. Obviously, SY thought highly enough of him. However, if he didn't think much of Sergachev, then he didn't think much of Drouin's chances of getting a better return either.

What is said about Drouin is a known fact. He is supremely talented smallish winger whose best results in the NHL were 21G+32A. For the whopping 53 points, and -13. He has been held back by the lack on talented line-mates, no doubt. It's also a known fact that Drouin had already requested a trade, held out and been suspended by his team. It is also a known fact that Drouin signed a $5.5M/yr contract while a vastly superior Mr. Kucherov (40G + 45A for 85 points and +13 in 74 games) agreed to a significantly lesser contract last year in order to accommodate the Bolts cap situation.

This is coming from a independent observer, not a Bolts fan. Make what you want of that.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sergachev started playing hockey at 9, not 12.

Whatever is said about Sergachev is a projection. He is a young prospect, playing a challenging position. Takes young D time to develop. Obviously, SY thought highly enough of him. However, if he didn't think much of Sergachev, then he didn't think much of Drouin's chances of getting a better return either.

What is said about Drouin is a known fact. He is supremely talented smallish winger whose best results in the NHL were 21G+32A. For the whopping 53 points, and -13. He has been held back by the lack on talented line-mates, no doubt. It's also a known fact that Drouin had already requested a trade, held out and been suspended by his team. It is also a known fact that Drouin signed a $5.5M/yr contract while a vastly superior Mr. Kucherov (40G + 45A for 85 points and +13 in 74 games) agreed to a significantly lesser contract last year in order to accommodate the Bolts cap situation.

This is coming from a independent observer, not a Bolts fan. Make what you want of that.

Kucherov didn't exactly seem happy about that deal.

It's hard to put a pretty face on this. Even if Serg becomes a good player for us, Drouin is likely to be a franchise forward for MTL. There were times last year when he was the only reason to watch the TB Lightning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad