Confirmed with Link: [TBL/MTL] D Mikhail Sergachev + cond. 2nd (2018) for L Jonathan Drouin + cond. 6th (2018)

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Namesnitkov most common linemates on ice 5v5...Nikita Kucherov and Victor Hedman hmm.......

Namestnikov with Hedman : 300 minutes / +10% Goals For percentage
Drouin with Hedman : 337 minutes / - 2% Goals For percentage

You guys can't have it both ways, Drouin is supposed to be an offensive force that makes his teammates better, that's his main task. Killorn has been Drouin's most common linemate and he had the same peripherals without Drouin, how do you explain that ?
Maybe that'll change over time, but at the moment It's very simple, Drouin is struggling to deliver at even strength. It's not all on Cooper, or the system or god knows the weather, the problem also lies with Drouin himself.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
27 even strength points

Creates his own offense.

Both can't be true.
But both can be true. Creating own offense doesn't always mean scoring. The linemates have to be able to finish; Drouin himself has to do the same. Creating offense doesn't make you an elite winger. Taking advantage of the opportunities you or your linemates create does. Thus, Kucherov and Kane are elite wingers. Drouin is not, at least not yet.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i liked drouin but has habit of trying to do too much instead of the easy play if he gets that part of the game down he will become elite minus the defense side

if not he wont be a bust but wont be what he should be

is mental at this point.

a closer like pac man as long as they dont put drouin at center might be just what the kid needs

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Habs fan here: I'm still in shock about this trade. MS was the one guy I did not want my Habs to trade. Everyone else was expendable. So what do they do? Trade him. I think he is going to be very special for your guys for a very long time. I hope Drouin is as special for my boys too. I think the trade may benefit both teams.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
27 even strength points

Creates his own offense.

Both can't be true.

This is why habs fans are going to be dissapointed. Kid was mediocre all year long at anything besides looking fancy. He leeched points on the pp from kuch and hedman, while he sabatoged offense with turnovers.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Drouin has a lot of Alex Kovalev in him. As a long time Rangers fan, I know the exhilaration and frustration players like that create. We loved him, we hated him, and we watched him to never reach his potential. Montreal will love Drouin for the same reasons they loved our boy AK27. But the outcome will be the same.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think Drouin just needs to grow up and be humbled a little bit. Those things are important in becoming an all around player in this league. While he's offensively gifted he needs to think about his net too. Way too many times did he give up the puck trying to do too much. He's still only 22 and I think he's intelligent enough to "get it". Just needs to develop a little more. If he can figure out that part he will be a very good player. Plus I think he will be built around in Montreal. While here we built around Stamkos and Kucherov. Since Stamkos got hurt we had to spread the scoring out. In Montreal they will put him with the teams best players and I think he will be very good. While it's not huge for Drouin to become an all around player you would like to see it. Just don't do it against TB.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
27 even strength points

Creates his own offense.

Both can't be true.

This is why habs fans are going to be dissapointed. Kid was mediocre all year long at anything besides looking fancy. He leeched points on the pp from kuch and hedman, while he sabatoged offense with turnovers.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

You talk like a 22 year old isn't going to get better.

And when we cry about not having a PP again it'll be funny.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

Like the Habs fans who loved the Weber for Subban trade. How did that work this year?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
wanted to add this hear was watching after expansion show

marchassault 30 goals 53 points was a minus 21 last season this i did not know

this is how i view drouin. Pachy might be able to d up and make some of the stupidity that drouin does that goes directly into our net by playing wrong players or wrong sides or just not playing a player at all.

This is the rub we want two way players plain and simple that aint drouine the stud we need him to be

think drouin might hit kessel numbers one day not much more and look how toronto treated him

montreal cares on two way play a lot more then toronto ever did

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Drouin has a lot of Alex Kovalev in him. As a long time Rangers fan, I know the exhilaration and frustration players like that create. We loved him, we hated him, and we watched him to never reach his potential. Montreal will love Drouin for the same reasons they loved our boy AK27. But the outcome will be the same.

****, I never thought of that. Kovalev in a lot of ways is similar - temperamental, talented as all hell, and yet can still be infuriating. His highs are super high, like the OT goal against Colorado where you see a kid just take over, and other nights you have a game where the team is dominant as a whole, yet he'll be responsible for 2-3 high danger turnovers because he wants to make the flashy play and can't. He isn't perfect and hopefully the media doesn't eat him alive (he'll get a longer leash for being french canadian, luckily) while he continues to learn and grow his game at both ends.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
****, I never thought of that. Kovalev in a lot of ways is similar - temperamental, talented as all hell, and yet can still be infuriating. His highs are super high, like the OT goal against Colorado where you see a kid just take over, and other nights you have a game where the team is dominant as a whole, yet he'll be responsible for 2-3 high danger turnovers because he wants to make the flashy play and can't. He isn't perfect and hopefully the media doesn't eat him alive (he'll get a longer leash for being french canadian, luckily) while he continues to learn and grow his game at both ends.

Yeah, the Kovalev comparison makes sense actually.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I wanna take the time to make a post echoing everyone's comparison to Kovalev.

Also, I wanna add that I hope drouin keeps his temper on the ice, because mad kovalev was the best hockey player I've ever seen.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Kovalev is a very good comparison. Eerily similar. We'll see if Drouin's career leaves the same sour taste of "wasted potential" that Kovalev's did.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Kovalev was arguably the most talented player in the NHL in the era between Lemeiux and Crosby and could have competed with Jagr every year for the Ross if he wanted to.

This. He often looked to lack effort. One of the most purely talented players ever should average more than .76 points per game. For comparison, Palat is averaging .71 so far in his career. So yeah, kinda leaves a sour taste when he didn't produce better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad