Confirmed with Link: [TBL/MTL] D Mikhail Sergachev + cond. 2nd (2018) for L Jonathan Drouin + cond. 6th (2018)

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
There goes my favorite player... again :(

I give Yzerman the benefit of the doubt, but man this is a tough day.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Sergachev is obviously exempt so that helps and it let's us protect Killorn and Namestnikov. I guess we can still trade Killorn to Vegas if they take Garrison instead of Dotchin or Koekkoek.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
We're going to have to play him 5 times a year...

Really hate this trade. While Sergachev is a great prospect, it still feels like the wrong move.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Really hate this trade. While Sergachev is a great prospect, it still feels like the wrong move.

Can now use Drouin's potential Cap hit to go after a Top 4D now. Tampa has more room now. I think it had to happen, Drouin was not happy in Tampa. Oh well have to see what comes of this.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Drouin:
- 3rd overall pick in 2013
- obviously talented but couldn't quite perform on a consistant basis in the NHL
- not happy in Tampa
- him and agent pushing hard for $

Sergachev:
- 9th overall pick in 2016
- one of the best D prospects out there
- 18 year old (4 years younger than Drouin), 6'2, 205lb, LHD

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

Not happy about it being the habs. 5 times a year PLUS any playoff meetings (which should be a regular occurrence).

Although, this is almost exactly what we knew Yzerman was looking for. Young, cost controlled Dman. I just thought it would be a slightly more proven player.

Its a Bolts Life

Jan 29, 2015
It sucks to trade him but we get an amazing D Prospect in return. This will probably bite us in the ass in like two years though depending on how we utilize Sergachev. Really sucks to see him go.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
My only issue with the move is we drafted a lot of LD high recently. Koekkoek 10th, Masin 35th, Hajek 37th and now Sergachev who was 9th. So it makes the DeAngelo trade look a little bad because there's no need for Hajek with Sergachev. Someone needs to go but I don't see the value in them like Sergachev has so the return won't be great. I guess one of Hajek or Masin takes over for Coburn in two years and Koekkoek gets next year to see what he can do as I would send Sergachev back, don't think he's ready for top 4 which is where we need him.

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
Outsider here.

You guys have nothing to worry about.

Sure you have to play Drouin 5+ times a year, but your back end got insanely and stupidly better.

Hedman, Koekkoek, Hajek, Cernak, Dotchin. Plus you all have Cirelli, Raddysh, Stephens and even Joseph in the minors? You'll be fine with the loss of Drouin.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Hey guys, I'm predominantly a Sabres fan but, since I live in Orlando, I follow the Bolts as a second team. I think this is a good deal for both sides. It seems Drouin didn't want to be in Tampa, and Sergachev is a heck of a D prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad