Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Brayden Point re-signs with the Lightning (8 years, $9.5M AAV)

ScoopsAHO

Nov 29, 2016
Canada
Best player in the nhl at the moment imo, the guy shows up every night, and specially those that really count.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
could not agree more...thank you!

and some of us went thru some dark, pathetic years of hockey back in late 90's especially..... it's really been incredible to watch the transformation & Jeff Vinik is the man!

Remember when the organization was thought to be a front for the Japanese mafia. Good times.

I remember going to games in Expo Hall with my Dad when he introduced me to hockey. Those were fun, but man what must other players have been thinking when they had to walk outside to get to the "locker room". Organization has come about as far as a sports franchise ever could. And kudos to Esposito for allowing it to happen! So grateful for the owner we finally ended up with.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Marner 10.9....LMAO
Imagine believing Burke's BS then go through Nonis same shit... Then Shanahan comes in we do the perfect rebuild and hand the keys over to the "boy GM" and he f***s up everything literally 15+ years of this bullshit. Hope Mitch and Paul are happy for real, they're the real winners here

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Point is awesome.

Marner ruined my team and we're not winning anything until he's gone. Cancerous piece of shit.

My bad!:laugh:

When I first saw Marner's contract I wondered what he did to deserve it. Now, after the fact, I can totally understand how Leafs' fans feel about him.

The weird thing is we gambled on drafting a goaltender and paid him then were mocked. Why you guys were not in on the Ned sweepstakes is way beyond me.

Detroit will be a contender in two years. Toronto will still be struggling.

Reactions: 96

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Remember when the organization was thought to be a front for the Japanese mafia. Good times.

I remember going to games in Expo Hall with my Dad when he introduced me to hockey. Those were fun, but man what must other players have been thinking when they had to walk outside to get to the "locker room". Organization has come about as far as a sports franchise ever could. And kudos to Esposito for allowing it to happen! So grateful for the owner we finally ended up with.

Man oh man, the Fairgrounds. That was hilarious when the ice failed during a game and they would have to take extended delay of games to refreeze it properly.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Easy to say that

You don't know why the Marner hatred is justified.

edit: I dont even give a f*** about what they do anymore. Most people dont.
Just saying Tavares makes more, and brings less. I know the echo chamber is still hellbent on whipping Marner, but there’s more blame to go around.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
My bad!:laugh:

When I first saw Marner's contract I wondered what he did to deserve it. Now, after the fact, I can totally understand how Leafs' fans feel about him.

The weird thing is we gambled on drafting a goaltender and paid him then were mocked. Why you guys were not in on the Ned sweepstakes is way beyond me.

Detroit will be a contender in two years. Toronto will still be struggling.
It's just depressing at this point tbh.

They chose Mitch and Dubas over everyone: Babcock, Marleau, Hyman, Kapanen, Brown. Dubas instead of reigning back to back GMoY Lou, and my personal choice Mark Hunter.

Point is one of my favourite players to watch in the NHL. I honestly feel upset every time I watch him play though, because of Marner. There is just so much negativity around him its ridiculous

Just saying Tavares makes more, and brings less. I know the echo chamber is still hellbent on whipping Marner, but there’s more blame to go around.

I'm not trying to argue with you but bro come on.

Tavares was the biggest UFA signing of the modern era at the time with the salary cap steadily rising. Him getting 11M isn't even crazy. Mitch was an RFA playing the hometown local kid thing, you can't go anywhere in the GTA without seeing his stupid face on redbull, banks, insurance ads. And he's the one who f***ed the team over. He's the one who plays braindead since getting paid. His dad thought this guy could be captain? Speaking about it to the media saying he's better than Auston? You don't know how deep this goes. Marner had a sick obsession/jealousy of Auston. One guy is a franchise center, the other is top 20 winger. The Leafs are not in cap-hell, if we had Marner on a 8-9M contract things would be a lot different. We make moves to save pennies on the cap because of it.

Reactions: Volodya Krutov

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
It's just depressing at this point tbh.

They chose Mitch and Dubas over everyone: Babcock, Marleau, Hyman, Kapanen, Brown. Dubas instead of reigning back to back GMoY Lou, and my personal choice Mark Hunter.

Point is one of my favourite players to watch in the NHL. I honestly feel upset every time I watch him play though, because of Marner. There is just so much negativity around him its ridiculous

Then you didn't see our 4th round pick this year did you?

You'll be sick to your stomach if you did....

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Something,, taxes, something, Canada, something, Leafs, something.

Also, Seth Jones can now tell his friends there is a team willing to pay him as much Brayden Point gets and they can all have a good laugh.
Lol this made me laugh. Thanks!

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Point is awesome.

Marner ruined my team and we're not winning anything until he's gone. Cancerous piece of shit.
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad