Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Brayden Point re-signs with the Lightning (8 years, $9.5M AAV)

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
I love JBB, but we're gonna need to see him draft at least one, let alone two, franchise players after the first round before this statement can be legit.
Al Murray enters the chat. (The only draft picks SY really gave significant input on were duds - Connolly - perhaps a pass given timing - Koekkoek, Drouin, to name a few. Maybe he gets credit for Vasy. The late-round steals were ALL Al Murray, and they will continue to be driven by Al Murray's magic.)

Last edited:

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I think a lot of it is the developmental staff. The reason we get ourselves into cap trouble is because, over the years, we've found a lot of diamonds in the rough and then polished the s*** out of them. And then we had to pay 4-5m to guys who, on a lot of teams, never would have made it past the AHL.

I love when people on this site are like "OH YEAH YOU'RE IN CAP HELL, HOW ARE YOU GOING TO RETAIN ALL OF YOUR PLAYERS LMAO" as if the Lightning didn't already 1) win two consecutive Stanley Cups so who f***ing cares about Cap problems at that point; 2) have contingency plans in place; and 3) have the same front office and scouting staff that found and at least partially made some of these players into what they are today.

I just can't stand whiny fan victim complexes. Don't blame the Lightning for your team being a f***ing joke. It's not Tampa's fault that Kyle Dubas couldn't negotiate his way out of a paper bag, or that Ken Holland sucks at his job, or anything else like that. Place the blame where it belongs.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Al Murray enters the chat. (The only draft picks SY really gave significant input on were duds - Connolly - perhaps a pass given timing - Koekkoek, Drouin, to name a few. Maybe he gets credit for Vasy. The late-round steals were ALL Al Murray, and they will continue to be driven by Al Murray's magic.)

I have no idea why you believe that. Craig Button tells the story of Yzerman traveling with Murray to scout Morgan Reilly, and then they saw Brayden Point. Yzerman was the one fascinated with Point. According to Button, Murray said he thought Yzerman might fire him if they came out of that draft without Point. So I'm gonna go ahead and believe Yzerman had a pretty big role in our draft selections.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad