Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Brayden Point re-signs with the Lightning (8 years, $9.5M AAV)

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
We got caps:

SCC21_Locker_Room_Hat_Side_1__49912.1626211468.jpg

Disappointed, thought you ll be posting Over the Cap Caps

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Remember when the organization was thought to be a front for the Japanese mafia. Good times.

I remember going to games in Expo Hall with my Dad when he introduced me to hockey. Those were fun, but man what must other players have been thinking when they had to walk outside to get to the "locker room". Organization has come about as far as a sports franchise ever could. And kudos to Esposito for allowing it to happen! So grateful for the owner we finally ended up with.
Remember when Roman Hamrlik was lost before a game at expo hall and they found him fishing at the pond next door?

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Good signing. He has earned it and he still is getting better each year.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Remember when the organization was thought to be a front for the Japanese mafia. Good times.

I remember going to games in Expo Hall with my Dad when he introduced me to hockey. Those were fun, but man what must other players have been thinking when they had to walk outside to get to the "locker room". Organization has come about as far as a sports franchise ever could. And kudos to Esposito for allowing it to happen! So grateful for the owner we finally ended up with.

As a neutral fan I remember when Barrie/Koules took over and they wanted to sell everything. Richards was sent away, the Lecavalier to MTL rumours really started picking up, Boyle was traded and it looked like they were going to be left with nothing.

Reactions: ThunderRoad

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
You're being overly charitable. There were a couple posters, Merss being one of the primaries, that would tell anyone that would listen in TJ-related threads that we were going to have to pay 2 1sts to move his contract. It certainly wasn't everyone on the trade board, but there were a couple that were really invested in seeing us suffer--one even liked to call some of our posters "Polly Anna" if we thought we were going to move Johnson for less than two 1sts.
I believe a “1st round pick for each year remaining” was Mersss delusional statement, but others like McJedi had similar laughable statements. The salt remains delicious, especially as they try to spin the narrative now to try and make themselves feel better :laugh:

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
More like taxes screw up every canadian team in the NHL. Point would need a 11M$ contract in Canads to make the same $ amount.
Yes but living in Canadian cities and getting paid USD. Tavares as an example 11mil a year is just shy of 14mil canadian.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
Remember when Roman Hamrlik was lost before a game at expo hall and they found him fishing at the pond next door?

I do remember reading about that! There were some cool players on that team. We definitely have a storied past - much of it like a fictional paperback or train wreck coming. It's amazing that this stuff really happened and the franchise survived for Vinik to swoop in and save the day from those that shall not be named. Really grateful Esposito was around to try to pick up the pieces along the way and worked so hard to keep the franchise in Tampa.

Vegas and Seattle and their fanbases don't realize how good they have it with the ability to put an "instant" team together. Course with the new price tag to get a franchise, Tampa likely never would have existed. So I guess I'll take our folklore history.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
As a neutral fan I remember when Barrie/Koules took over and they wanted to sell everything. Richards was sent away, the Lecavalier to MTL rumours really started picking up, Boyle was traded and it looked like they were going to be left with nothing.

Those "individuals" wanted to ship out most of the Lightning's current cast so they could go on their irresponsible spending sprees to get every free agent on the market. That was an insane free agency period, course the bills couldn't be paid but minor detail. And as Lecavalier is my all time favorite player, I don't care, he always will be, I wholeheartedly blame them for Vinny's departure from the team by offering him that ridiculous contract. Sad day when he was bought out and forced to leave.

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
LOL, native here. Love it, hate freezing to death in January and HATED hitting a golf ball in sub 40 degree temps.
Also a native, don't get me wrong I miss somethings (beautiful beaches, fast food, boats)

In Switzerland 15 years now, the winters are fairly tame (Love going mountain sledding, soooo fun) The other seasons though are just perfect. Not only the weather but the aesthetics are beautiful.

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
Blah, blah, blah... that means very little compared to income tax rates, but you can go ahead and do the math if you want to... real estate in Canada is not cheap.
Just gonna copy/paste my earlier post:

The tax thing is just a massive cope from jealous fanboys. TB gets these deals because they've been the model organization in the sport since 2015. You don't see other no state tax teams getting discounts like this... I wonder why?

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Great deal for tampa

Hate it as a Leafs fan. BUT...

Respect it as a hockey fan. Tampa's GM knows what the F he is doing. Must be good to have competent GM, and 2 cups with potential for more....

Our pain is real.

I'm sure Detroit's going to compound it in a couple of years. Yzerman just signed a guy who could've been our 3C.

But yep...Great deal for a proven player.

What a concept.

And yes...I did take my prescription glasses off and imagine it was Toronto taking Montreal to task.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
I love JBB, but we're gonna need to see him draft at least one, let alone two, franchise players after the first round before this statement can be legit.
The draft picks aren't Yzerman's work tho, it's Al Murray's wizardry there

Reactions: Shoresy Snipes

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The draft picks aren't Yzerman's work tho, it's Al Murray's wizardry there
Not exactly true. Craig Button tells the story of how we got Brayden Point, and it was Yzerman for sure. Al Murray said something along the lines of, "If we didn't get Brayden Point, I thought he might fire me."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad