Speculation: Taylor Hall Contract

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Why keep Fischer around? Plenty of guys in the A, can do (0r try) what he does. Let FAsching and Bunting who become 12th and 13th F.

I suppose it doesn't matter if it is Fischer or Hinostroza. Either is fine for the bottom 6 role. I have Bunting as the 13th F already. I am actually surprised that he has not been called up yet. His production has been excellent for multiple years in Tucson. Problem is I dont want to only add Martin as our size/grit guy. Also, Fischer being a right shot with some size makes him a little more viable of a keeper. I like Fasching, but don't see him as a longer term solution. Fischer is at least a medium term solution.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I saw Bunting as your 13th. I see him having the grit of Garland and the pest of Perry. I suggested Fasching, because he is a RHS and about the same size as Fischer. He has only played 22 NHL games, which is more than Bunting. They would each save money and open the pipeline down in the A.

mpir3

Apr 7, 2010
Every time Todd Walsh talks to him, I think it’s going to make Hall leave us. This slime bag. Gross. Get Walsh TFO.

lmao I had the same thoughts watching that interview last night. Keep him away!

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Every time Todd Walsh talks to him, I think it’s going to make Hall leave us. This slime bag. Gross. Get Walsh TFO.
I figured out the Todd Walsh interview formula:

Todd Walsh: "Here's what I think because everybody cares about what I have to say, that's totally correct right?"

Player: "Yea for sure I agree that you're totally correct."

13-Emmy-Statuette.jpg

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I figured out the Todd Walsh interview formula:

Todd Walsh: "Here's what I think because everybody cares about what I have to say, that's totally correct right?"

Player: "Yea for sure I agree that you're totally correct."

13-Emmy-Statuette.jpg

Close, but it'd be more accurate to say it this way:

TODD WALSH: *extended preamble designed to put even insomniacs in danger of narcolepsy*

INTERVIEWEE: *nods occasionally while mentally reviewing plans for getting beer later*

TODD WALSH: *exceptionally long, meandering statement intended to craft a supremely specific narrative, followed by "is that correct?" in order to make it look like a question*

INTERVIEWEE: *agrees and pulls out one of a dozen cliches about sporting life or game strategy/tactics which fits perfectly into the gaping opening Walsh has provided for just this purpose*

TODD WALSH: *fawning, borderline stalkerish compliment, adorned liberally with adjectives and descriptors that create an impression of intent or purpose that is, in truth, wholly absent*

INTERVIEWEE: "Thanks, Walshie."

TODD WALSH: "Back to you, guys."

(Also, don't forget Walsh speaking entirely in mumbled, poorly-enunciated run-on sentences with breaths in between predicates and clauses while staring piercingly downwards at a 45-degree angle and attempting to eat the mic muffler)

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Close, but it'd be more accurate to say it this way:

TODD WALSH: *extended preamble designed to put even insomniacs in danger of narcolepsy*

INTERVIEWEE: *nods occasionally while mentally reviewing plans for getting beer later*

TODD WALSH: *exceptionally long, meandering statement intended to craft a supremely specific narrative, followed by "is that correct?" in order to make it look like a question*

INTERVIEWEE: *agrees and pulls out one of a dozen cliches about sporting life or game strategy/tactics which fits perfectly into the gaping opening Walsh has provided for just this purpose*

TODD WALSH: *fawning, borderline stalkerish compliment, adorned liberally with adjectives and descriptors that create an impression of intent or purpose that is, in truth, wholly absent*

INTERVIEWEE: "Thanks, Walshie."

TODD WALSH: "Back to you, guys."

(Also, don't forget Walsh speaking entirely in mumbled, poorly-enunciated run-on sentences with breaths in between predicates and clauses while staring piercingly downwards at a 45-degree angle and attempting to eat the mic muffler)
Brilliant :cheers:

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
If we don’t end up re-signing him, I might actually cry. Like a teenage girl just broken up with. Full blown tantrum.

Yeah. He is legit. I wanted to keep both he and Soderberg, but if we only get one, it better be Hall. We have a lot of the pieces to the puzzle here and ready. If we are in a position to where we have to sell assets with bad contracts to keep Hall, as Chayka has said - that is a good problem to have.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
It has been a little while since this has happened I think for a player we traded for, certainly a forward; Hall is so far performing better after being moved here. .83 to .93 ppg. Both regular and relative shot stats are higher. Pretty close to his career averages.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It has been a little while since this has happened I think for a player we traded for, certainly a forward; Hall is so far performing better after being moved here. .83 to .93 ppg. Both regular and relative shot stats are higher. Pretty close to his career averages.

Hard to imagine him passing up a competitive offer if the team wins a playoff round at this rate.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Hard to imagine him passing up a competitive offer if the team wins a playoff round at this rate.
This might sound dumb, and maybe is, but Garland could play a role here. Garland plays with passion, like Hall, and that is not easy to find. Players care, but few go all out every shift like these two, and playing together you can see they are having fun and are feeding off each other. Sounds dumb I know.:laugh:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
This might sound dumb, and maybe is, but Garland could play a role here. Garland plays with passion, like Hall, and that is not easy to find. Players care, but few go all out every shift like these two, and playing together you can see they are having fun and are feeding off each other. Sounds dumb I know.:laugh:

Not dumb at all. Who you work with has a big impact on job satisfaction...and not just in sports.

On the other hand, I understand why most athletes go for the most money. Careers are short; can end unexpectedly.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Winning a playoff round and signing Hall makes the trade a lot costly but his presence on the ice has sure made a difference.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Can we create a GoFundMe account to buy Walsh out of his Fox contract? Or trade him to Seattle who will need a "proven" Fox Sports commentator? Does the CBA buyout clause include TV hosts?

Agree, need to keep him far away from Hall.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Winning a playoff round and signing Hall makes the trade a lot costly but his presence on the ice has sure made a difference.
I've been hoping that having a guy like him on the ice might show our younger talents how to step forward and become stars themselves. Keller and Schmaltz haven't quite gotten there yet.

Reactions: Jakey53

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The bottom line is if we get in the playoffs it will help us sign him, if we win a round, it will help even more. If Hall explodes in the playoffs, it will cost even more. If he likes it in AZ, who wouldn't off the ice, that helps. We will still have to pay market rates, he is not staying here for a major discount.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The bottom line is if we get in the playoffs it will help us sign him, if we win a round, it will help even more. If Hall explodes in the playoffs, it will cost even more. If he likes it in AZ, who wouldn't off the ice, that helps. We will still have to pay market rates, he is not staying here for a major discount.
I wouldn't expect a huge discount. Maybe a price adjusted slightly for tax and cost of living.

Reactions: Jakey53

AJ171181

Sep 27, 2019
Bochum
Give him the money he wants.

Best player in a Yotes Jersey since J.R./Tkachuk.

If there is any chance to sign him, do it!

Reactions: Surfshop

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I go 8 years, $80 M:

20-21: $13 M
21-22: $12 M
22-23: $11.5 M
23-24: $11 M
24-25: $10 M
25-26: $8.5 M
26-27: $7.5 M
27-28: $6.5 M

If we need to go up to $84 M for a $10.5 M AAV (or greater), then spread the majority of dollars into the first 4 years and maybe the final year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad