Speculation: Taylor Hall Contract

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
Yeah he’s not signing here. He’s had enough time to figure out that these bums were pretenders through 35 games and looking up at the rest of his team a whole zone behind him after multiple zone entries is the icing on the cake.

He deserves better and the Yotes don’t deserve him

Reactions: _Del_ and Lilhoody

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm sure getting into the zone with a good entry only to find he was 1v5 tonight generated a lot of desire to sign with the team. Moving the only guy he had chemistry with off his line is also likely inspiring.
So true. He’s the only player on this team.

rt

May 13, 2004
Hall’s first period intermission interview with Walsh was the most sickeningly hilarious thing. Walsh is sitting there clammy, sycophantic, and utterly disgusting. Just breathing on him like the lecherous creep that he. Filthy glasses steamed up. “I’m sure it goes without saying, Taylor, that the message in that locker room as that you all have to STICK WITH IT, right, right Taylor, huh?” And Hall’s eyes flash, he stutters a little and explains why it would be very stupid to “stick with it” when they were getting their asses kicked and it wasn’t working. That rather than “sticking with it” they would, in fact, need to “make adjustments”. It was so f***ing funny.

Todd Walsh is like our shitty team. Everything about this team is like Todd Walsh. It make sense. Taylor Hall is exactly like everything that is not us. When these two talk, it so clearly illustrates the difference between a real team and our team.

Hall’s 1:5 zone entries with the rest of his team two zones behind, leaving him to pull up, scream “f***!” and skate disgustedly to the bench sums it all up pretty well, too.

I love Taylor Hall. I hate the Coyotes.

LosPollosHermanos

Jan 29, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Hall’s first period intermission interview with Walsh was the most sickeningly hilarious thing. Walsh is sitting there clammy, sycophantic, and utterly disgusting. Just breathing on him like the lecherous creep that he. Filthy glasses steamed up. “I’m sure it goes without saying, Taylor, that the message in that locker room as that you all have to STICK WITH IT, right, right Taylor, huh?” And Hall’s eyes flash, he stutters a little and explains why it would be very stupid to “stick with it” when they were getting their asses kicked and it wasn’t working. That rather than “sticking with it” they would, in fact, need to “make adjustments”. It was so f***ing funny.

Todd Walsh is like our shitty team. Everything about this team is like Todd Walsh. It make sense. Taylor Hall is exactly like everything that is not us. When these two talk, it so clearly illustrates the difference between a real team and our team.

Hall’s 1:5 zone entries with the rest of his team two zones behind, leaving him to pull up, scream “f***!” and skate disgustedly to the bench sums it all up pretty well, too.

I love Taylor Hall. I hate the Coyotes.
Walsh, Nash, and Matt are all terrible. They don't see the problem and it's so laughable.

Reactions: Lilhoody

rt

May 13, 2004
$9,191,910 aav :sarcasm:

Or a little more simply but less fun:

$9,191,000 aav :sarcasm:

Then we can all get a good laugh when Conor Garland asks to change his jersey number to 98. :)

Reactions: MIG

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Get rid of Kessel.

Get rid of Stepan

Get rid of Goligoski

Strip OEL of the C

Give Hall a blank check, give him captaincy, call it an offseason

Lmfao, tank commander taylor as captain... who are you selecting first overall next year?

Whichever team pays hall 8+ is gonna be holding the bag on a lucician level albatross contract by year 3. Personally I hope calgary unloads crying johnny and gets hall. It would really take them out of the mix, and I've heard rumors they're gonna tear it all down after getting bounced in the first round again this year. Hall is the crown jewel for a team looking to rebuild through the draft.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Lmfao, tank commander taylor as captain... who are you selecting first overall next year?

Whichever team pays hall 8+ is gonna be holding the bag on a lucician level albatross contract by year 3. Personally I hope calgary unloads crying johnny and gets hall. It would really take them out of the mix, and I've heard rumors they're gonna tear it all down after getting bounced in the first round again this year. Hall is the crown jewel for a team looking to rebuild through the draft.

Taylor Hall is the best player to put on a coyotes Jersey since 1998. Pay him what he wants. Everyone else it that problem on this team

rt

May 13, 2004

Your opinion nonsensical and stupid.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Your opinion nonsensical and stupid.
Yet jersey dropped the anchor and managed to raise the titanic.

I've never had any animosity towards the yotes and would like to guys to be better than van, Calgary and the cali teams so for your sake I hope you dont make the mistake and sign him but if you truly believe that is the best way forward we'll see you in the basement next year.

It takes a while to get over the flash n dazzle but you'll eventually realize failor fall does nothing to improve your team game.

rt

May 13, 2004
Yet jersey dropped the anchor and managed to raise the titanic.

I've never had any animosity towards the yotes and would like to guys to be better than van, Calgary and the cali teams so for your sake I hope you dont make the mistake and sign him but if you truly believe that is the best way forward we'll see you in the basement next year.

It takes a while to get over the flash n dazzle but you'll eventually realize failor fall does nothing to improve your team game.
Very insightful. I like the part where you use specific evidence rather than spurious correlations and superstitious “curse” drivel. Great post. Glad you stopped by to share this! We’ve learned a lot. Good luck in your future travels. I hope you have a safe trip back to the toilet paper forum or wherever.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I'm probably in the minority but at this time I take 2 or 3 players at $3 million rather than Hall at $9. We don't have a 1st line and have contracts to move so I would be more comfortable with 2 or 3 2nd lines rather than 1/3rd of a 1st and 3 thirds. I do like Hall though and my thought would change at lower price although that is unlikely.

Reactions: Jakey53

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
We have too many "good/decent" players taking up all the cap space. Hall is a difference maker. His talent, effort and intensity are all at a way higher level than anyone we have on the roster or in the system. I'd happily dump a couple contracts from a list of Schmaltz, Goligoski, OEL, Stepan, Kessel and others and give their money to Hall. He might not be putting up huge numbers but I think he has a huge impact on this team. Even if they have to give up a couple mid round picks to move those contracts, it would be worth it to retain Hall even if he's over paid.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
If I may play devils advocate here (for fun).
Halls impact on this team has been shown via said teams record, since his arrival.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We have too many "good/decent" players taking up all the cap space. Hall is a difference maker. His talent, effort and intensity are all at a way higher level than anyone we have on the roster or in the system. I'd happily dump a couple contracts from a list of Schmaltz, Goligoski, OEL, Stepan, Kessel and others and give their money to Hall. He might not be putting up huge numbers but I think he has a huge impact on this team. Even if they have to give up a couple mid round picks to move those contracts, it would be worth it to retain Hall even if he's over paid.
That is for Hall the player today. We could all be yelling at him in four years the same way we are yelling at Kessel. I don't want to over pay for any player not named McDavid and a couple of others, that will get you in cap hell. Wait, we are already there. How the hell are we in cap hell with no super star?

cobra427

May 6, 2012
If I may play devils advocate here (for fun).
Halls impact on this team has been shown via said teams record, since his arrival.
Agreed, but he is the only top tier forward we have had since JR/Keith. The losing is not his fault and he is clearly our best player. If we can sign him, we should, and wingers are durable. he is a way better all around player than Kessel long term.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Getting rid of Goligoski, Stepan and Kessel are priority number one.

First two are probably easier than Kessel. But we need to dump them around the draft. Use that freed money to convince Hall. If Hall doesn’t sign, no biggie, we got rid of three of the biggest four problems (OEL is impossible to move.)

Trade players like Vinnie and Fischer for a guy like Anderson. Bring in two tough SOBs.

Hall - Dvo - Garland
Keller - Hayton - Schmaltz
Crouse - Eakin - Anderson
Bunting - Soderberg - ??? (Another mean sob)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad