Speculation: Taylor Hall - Contract discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
not sure how you get that but ok

elias didn't like whatever lou offered him he then went and agreed to a deal with the #1 rival of the franchise. He then goes back to lou and asks to him match it or hes gone? kinda forcing lou's hand to sign him for a contract that either money or year he didn't want to pay. that somehow doesn't make elias look bad? to you?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Obviously, ZP set the Devils back many years when he left, but in the salary cap era, ZP's contract just didn't make sense then, and makes less sense now.

It's so hard to recap value from that contract, and I think Minny's lack of playoff success is not surprising.

His best year in Minny is 62 points, which is 30 points less than his best year in NJ. You want to argue that he's been hurt since he's been in Minny. I'd say that smallish players that play with 100% hustle and reckless abandon tend to get injured, ever more when they get older.

He has five more years on that contract. Not good.

I don't blame Lou for not signing him if that was the cost, and I understand why they didn't trade him that year, but maybe they should have. If things turn sour with Hall (and I hope they don't), no matter where the Devils are in the standings, Ray has to trade TH.

Never realized until now that Parise had 4 seasons with the Devils where he had more points than his highest season total in Minnesota.

Still 6 more years at $7.5MM to go...

Reactions: Oneiro

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
elias didn't like whatever lou offered him he then went and agreed to a deal with the #1 rival of the franchise. He then goes back to lou and asks to him match it or hes gone? kinda forcing lou's hand to sign him for a contract that either money or year he didn't want to pay. that somehow doesn't make elias look bad? to you?

Lou never offered Elias a contract in the first place.

He looked elsewhere and maybe the Rangers were an attractive option as he wouldn't have to uproot his family to play there. He requested a NMC, but they would not give him one.

He circled back to the Devils (without his agent) at the last moment to see if something could be worked out to stay in NJ, which fortunately was the case.

What the hell do you have against capital letters?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

He looked elsewhere and maybe the Rangers were an attractive option as he wouldn't have to uproot his family to play there. He requested a NMC, but they would not give him one.

He circled back to the Devils (without his agent) at the last moment to see if something could be worked out to stay in NJ, which fortunately was the case.

Sort of reminds me of what just happened with Lehner

Reactions: HBK27

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

lol its just words you can still read them right?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
No. He used the Rag's. Left them crying in the fetal position.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Friedman’s 31 thoughts had a blurp of he thinks devils and hall are underselling this a bit and that both are making a serious run at an extensions

another blurp has us in the market for a dmen

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
If Hall chose to leave I would have no ill will for him. He has done right by us every step of the way.

It's super obvious that he wants to win and his time in Edmonton really robbed him of a good portion of his career. I totally get why he would want to go somewhere else and would wish him the best of luck.
I'm with you. Hall has had terrible luck with his teams, I wouldn't blame him if he went to a contender.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
I feel like some of you guys are just mentally-preparing for the worst.

Me, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic. Hall doesn't seem like he has one hand on the door.

Status quo.
I agree that he doesn't look like that but if I put myself in his shoes, I probably would. To me, the most tempting teams would be Colorado and Calgary.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I agree that he doesn't look like that but if I put myself in his shoes, I probably would. To me, the most tempting teams would be Colorado and Calgary.

If anywhere other than here, I agree those are the potential teams that make the most sense for him.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
It's tough to play that game because many GMs would be willing to make moves to fit him in. While it's not easy, if you have a deal with Hall, you figure it out later.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
If anywhere other than here, I agree those are the potential teams that make the most sense for him.

Calgary is clearing 11 million dollars how?

If he goes it's hard for me to imagine him going anywhere except Colorado. Other teams either are not good or just don't have the cap space. Colorado has an insane amount of cap space for the quality of their team. Unbelievable.

Reactions: Pavail Zachupov

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
If he goes it's hard for me to imagine him going anywhere except Colorado. Other teams either are not good or just don't have the cap space. Colorado has an insane amount of cap space for the quality of their team. Unbelievable.

Yeah they can make it work and are a team is built well, top heavy for sure but I love Byram/Makar and then the top 3 forwards. Goaltending is a big question mark as is depth though, so many people are high on them but i think they take a step back this year a bit.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Colorado is scary I totally agree

That first line can be deadly

I'm so jel they have both Makar and Byram too

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Aren't they currently having problems signing Rantanen?

And in the future will have to sign Makar?

I dunno, Tavares signing with the Leafs, and the bind that has put them in, seems like a cautionary tale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad