Tavares vs. Pettersson

Tavares or Pettersson (to try & win NOW)

• Total voters

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
petey has 55g/132pts in his 2 NHL seasons, Tavares has 73g/148pts as a leaf over the same time frame.

yeah taking JT all day every day. Petey in the future obviously. Hard to pass on a guy who had 47 last year in favore of a guy that hasnt hit 30 yet

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Since Pettersson is better than Matthews, he's obviously better than Tavares too.

there were people legit arguing he is a top 5 player in the petersson poll. lol.

petey beat matthews in a poll early last year i believe. not gonna compare the stats by age but matthews has siognificantly outproduce him in both goals and pts/gm

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
petey has 55g/132pts in his 2 NHL seasons, Tavares has 73g/148pts as a leaf over the same time frame.

yeah taking JT all day every day. Petey in the future obviously. Hard to pass on a guy who had 47 last year in favore of a guy that hasnt hit 30 yet
Besides the fact Pettersson has not yet had at least a 30 goal season, he has yet to get at least 70 points. In his first two years he had 66 points.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Pettersson easily. Not fair to an aging Tavaras whose best years are behind him.

Pettersson vs Matthews
JT Miller vs Tavaras

Would be better polls.
Matthews > Pettersson (who knows in a few years but right now for sure AM
JT >>> JTM and its not particularly close

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
there were people legit arguing he is a top 5 player in the petersson poll. lol.

petey beat matthews in a poll early last year i believe. not gonna compare the stats by age but matthews has siognificantly outproduce him in both goals and pts/gm
Besides that there was this poll done after Pettersson's second career game where he beat Mitch Marner. What makes that looks like a joke is Marner went onto record 94 points that same season.

Petterson vs Marner

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I don’t get the joke. I assume most people would take EP over Marner going forward.
That poll was made after Marner was in his 3rd season and Pettersson had played just his 2nd career NHL game. That's why at the time it was stupid. The fact Marner ended up with 94 points that year made it an even worse topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
That poll was made after Marner was in his 3rd season and Pettersson had played just his 2nd career NHL game. That's why at the time it was stupid. The fact Marner ended up with 94 points that year made it an even worse topic.

So a comment like that can only be said about Leafs players, like when it was consonantly said about Auston Matthews not getting 70 points in his first 2 seasons. Doesn't feel good when the shoe is on the other foot.
So because other posters wrongly said that about Matthews you think that justifies saying that about EP. Strange logic.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Tavares now and going forward. Can't see Pettersson being anywhere near Tavares' level during any point of his career.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
elias pettersson is the best player in the league

Can you explain this argument?

I'm a big fan of Pettersson, but I think thats a little too much at this point in his career.

I'm sure you have a good argument for it, but I'd be interested to know what the argument is because I don't know it myself.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Whenever I am in the Toronto threads per/60 numbers of are of great importance, so following in those foot steps

Pettersson has better at even strength
goals P/60
Primary assists p/60
Points p/60

Reactions: flying v 604

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad