News: Tavares to Explore Market - To Speak with 5 teams: TODAY IS THE DAY (Mod Warning in #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Ya bro, and Detroit went 42 years, Chicago went 51, NYR went 54 all with less success in 6 team league.

And what is the point you are trying to make by bringing up some other very pathetic performances?

I never really got the point of arguments of the type: you know this is not that bad because look there were other really bad things... AND????

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
anyone know a good site to place prop bet on this?

Islanders were +125 but I think that has changed

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I wish Tavares sign in Toronto, and I am a Mtl fans.

Toronto needs to show the way to Mtl's owners. They need to do what they did, plan a proper rebuild.
And maybe in 2-4 years we will be relevant again, and we could start to hate each other's team again like we used to.
Its hard to hate a team when you both sucks, and its harder to hate a team when you are last and they could aim for the first place in the east.
I honestly look forward to the day when both teams are good and meet in the playoffs. It will be a classic with the history and the Habs/Leafs fans....

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
If googling isnt hard then why do you keep saying 1-1 instead of 1-0-1?
cause i dont care that much. we got 2 points, whatever..i was more making the point of if you are going to argue with somebody its not hard to google the games to make sure you are at least correct.

and "keep saying" isnt correct either considering i said it once

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
A close source just told me that Tavares has officially narrowed his list down to Toronto, San Jose, and Tampa. Dallas, Boston, and NYI are officially out. He's leaning towards Toronto at this very moment. Take it for what it's worth.

JawandaPuck

Lost Art of Dynasty
Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
The parties, NYI, TOR and Team Tavares, are likely negotiating a sign and trade that gets Tavares an 8th year, NYI some assets, and TOR a cap hit break.

They have until midnight ET to that type of deal done. It's going to cost TOR some assset, perhaps draft picks. No wonder it's taking so long to get done in that case.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
....because he won't sign.
I sincerely doubt that. The Leafs will pretty much offer him whatever it takes, and history shows that franchise caliber RFAs tend to stay with their teams past their ELC. Unless Matthews flatly refuses to sign with Toronto no matter what (and I think that is a very unlikely situation), I think you can pretty much book him as a Leaf for years to come, no matter where Tavares goes.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I sincerely doubt that. The Leafs will pretty much offer him whatever it takes, and history shows that franchise caliber RFAs tend to stay with their teams past their ELC. Unless Matthews flatly refuses to sign with Toronto no matter what (and I think that is a very unlikely situation), I think you can pretty much book him as a Leaf for years to come, no matter where Tavares goes.

He refuses because he's going home to Arizona one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad