News: Tavares to Explore Market - To Speak with 5 teams: TODAY IS THE DAY (Mod Warning in #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
I wish Tavares sign in Toronto, and I am a Mtl fans.

Toronto needs to show the way to Mtl's owners. They need to do what they did, plan a proper rebuild.
And maybe in 2-4 years we will be relevant again, and we could start to hate each other's team again like we used to.
Its hard to hate a team when you both sucks, and its harder to hate a team when you are last and they could aim for the first place in the east.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
No they're certainly valid. All cups are valid. But not winning a single one in the 50+ years since expansion is pretty pathetic for a team with unlimited funds. Almost as pathetic as the Rangers going 27 years without beating those measly 5 other teams.

Ya bro, and Detroit went 42 years, Chicago went 51, NYR went 54 all with less success in 6 team league.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Really? Finished first in division once. In 50 years. Lost second round that year. Stretching the definition of contender.
The Quinn years they were without a doubt a contender. They were 100+ point team yearly and got to the ECFs twice. They had the second best record in the NHl one of those years.
93-94 also a acup contender.

Reactions: Zrinski

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
If he signs with Leafs it would be a good story. When is the last time a free agent signed a big money deal to play at home, probably leaving money and perhaps s better chance to win on the table.

I’m not a leaf fan, but watch them in playoffs it became clear they need a number one center, s year ago they believed Matthews was the guy, after an abmismal playoff it’s obvious the shine has come off on that player. Taveres will definitely fill a much needed hole.

Taveres is most definitely a top 10 to 15 center in the league now, and gotta believe Matthews would be one of the better 2nd line guys. They should be top half in the entire league with centre depth.
this post is a disaster..wtf did i just read?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Cool story... cups matter.

why didn't those other teams back then win more ... It's like arguing other players were better then gretzky back in the day but got less points. Just stop.

I can admit Montreal has won the most cups... I hate it... but they have. Get over it.

Just worry about your own team.

Oh and J T sign with us buddy.

I mean, there were other factors besides there being only six teams. Those six teams were never stacked evenly and it had nothing to do with how good their organization was.

There is an easy reason the Canadian O6 teams won more, they had access to many more of the better players, often exclusively, and could keep them their entire careers without worry of losing them to anyone.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
So Boston would be an interesting choice. Any Bruins fans out there that can fill me in on their cap situation and how they could make it work?

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
The Quinn years they were without a doubt a contender. They were 100+ point team yearly and got to the ECFs twice. They had the second best record in the NHl one of those years.
93-94 also a acup contender.

Yeah- what's that guy talking about? We've sucked for a bout 10 years - mostly due to incompetent front office that kept trading way prospects and picks for band-aids.

The Sundin era was not successful at winning a cup - but it was certainly not a complete failure. It was basically the San Jose Sharks now.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
canucks fan coming in peace

i think sharks are the slight favourites if jt doesn't sign today

dont ban me, I am a huge fan of some leaf players

Reactions: Superlative Soup
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad