News: Tavares to Explore Market - To Speak with 5 teams: TODAY IS THE DAY (Mod Warning in #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherwood71

Jul 18, 2016
How would you describe Taylor Ham? Is it like bologna or like Canadian bacon?

I think the name pork roll describes it better than Taylor Ham. It's saltier, fattier, thicker, and maybe this one is just me but easier to bite through (it won't come sliding off the sandwich as you pull away) than Canadian Bacon.

Also, on the topic of this thread, my condolences to Islanders' fans. It does not look good so far; I shall have a drink for you.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
RFA. or if zona offersheets him then they give up 4 first round picks. The leafs have a week to match any offer sheet. Not going to work in your fantasy world.

Nah none of that. I'm saying simply in one year he won't sign with Toronto. He'll make his way home to Arizona one way or another, some day or another.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
That would be correct if he was referring to that but he wasnt. Re read his message and you'll see he was saying Vegas was 1-1. None the less I misread the line originally when I searched their record but either way Vegas took 3 pts from you with the shootout game featuring the future hall of fame goalie Manny Legace. Whether people want to face facts or not is their prerogative but to think the west was weak due to Vegas being good is just wrong which was my original point

It was a weak conference this year. Pacific was the weakest of the two Western divisions. Pretty tough to argue with that point.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Bruins need to trade one of Backes or Krejci to make cap space for Tavares. Both Krejci and Backes have NMCs, but there has been reports of talks with other teams involving both players.

If they sign Tavares, whoever remained from Backes or Krejci needs to be traded next offseason, because Boston will have to resign a few RFAs including Heinen, Donato, Carlo and McAvoy. Chara will be a UFA, but unless his play falls off a cliff, he will likely be brought back. Krug is another option to make cap space this or next offseason.
Hmm, i'm sure they could get the necessary trades done if Tavares wanted to play in Boston. Would be a nice 1-2 punch with Bergeron and Tavares

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
That is an interesting thought. Would the NHL be likely to throw the book at New York or Toronto for such a circumvention of the rules?

Then again, I have the feeling that unless Tavares absolutely has to have that 8th year Toronto would much prefer to avoid such a situation where they have to give up quality assets to sign a player that they could sign without having to send anything to New York.

I am kind of at a loss who the cap dump going back to NYI would be, maybe Marleau? That obviously isn't a great deal but with 47 points and 27 goals he at least more than earned the ice-time he got.

A sign and trade is not a circumvention of the rules. And Toronto does not need to send a camp dump back. Matt Martin if the islanders want him.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
He won them 4 cups, and 3 of them were consecutive. He is repsonsible for argubably the most successful periord of the Leafs. He also hasn't been associated with the team in 28 years. At some point you can't pick and chooose when Ballard is a goood argument or not. You either take the good with the bad, or you don't get to mention the good .
Okay....The Leafs won 4 cups with him as a minority owner. He took over sole control of the team in 1972 and proceeded to absolutely drive the team into the gutter on and off the ice for almost 2 decades after that point. Responsible for arguably the greatest period in Leaf history? That is disrespectful to Conn Smythe.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
All the “ insiders” came up with and fabricated these times for an announcement.

f*** Pat Brisson because he could have easily made a statement saying there is no time table for a decision. Instead this thing is making everyone crazy and turning into a giant spectacle

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
He’s probably not staying with the Islander’s if there is no word right?

Tampa has to be out too. There is no cap room right now.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
'$' Bill Wirtz?

Best thing for the Blackhawks was his death, and then son 'Rocky' taking over.

Except that people point to the Bill Wirtz owned Hawks as the standard bearer of how to run a franchise as they won a couple Cups from players they got during those years and everyone from Toronto to Edmonton to Columbus to Colorado to Buffalo to Florida to Phoenix to The Isle, etc ... have been trying to mimic the managerial style of a crazy old man whom tried to run and O6 franchise into the ground.

Like The Hawks - but worst thing that happened to the NHL is them being successful from the Bill Wirtz years.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Okay....The Leafs won 4 cups with him as a minority owner. He took over sole control of the team in 1972 and proceeded to absolutely drive the team into the gutter on and off the ice for almost 2 decades after that point. Responsible for arguably the greatest period in Leaf history? That is disrespectful to Conn Smythe.

Ballard was the slime of the earth and is best forgotten.

Reactions: dirty stanchion

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
I'm beginning to think a sign and trade is a real possibility. Why else would there be no news yet? Unless he picked a team and there are no leaks which is also a possibility.

If he told the Islanders that he is not returning Lou might be trying to get some assets out of it versus nothing.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
I really didn’t think he’d leave, but at this point, it seems likely. No reason for him to pass on the 8th year option if he were staying. I’d say 30% chance for each of Leafs and Sharks and 10% for each of the other 4 teams involved.

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
It was a weak conference this year. Pacific was the weakest of the two Western divisions. Pretty tough to argue with that point.

Was it the weaker of the 2 yeah. But it's not like we had the Canadiens, red wings, sabers AND Sens in our division

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
He won them 4 cups, and 3 of them were consecutive. He is repsonsible for argubably the most successful periord of the Leafs. He also hasn't been associated with the team in 28 years. At some point you can't pick and chooose when Ballard is a goood argument or not. You either take the good with the bad, or you don't get to mention the good .
to be fair he didnt become majority owner until 1972. he was a horrible, horrible human being

Reactions: Jtown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad