Tavares spear.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
One of the reasons I started watching hockey and loving it was plays like these. Now mind you I grew up in a time when moms did not fight your battles and if you failed a test you would not go out and play hockey that week. It is interesting to me how we all see this play, I ve seen it a 1000 times. No big deal... many disagree. I do miss the days of the Flower going end to end followed by a big fight... Was so much more fun.. The NHL wanted new fans and I can see here that that they got em... RIP real men!

Im all for keeping fighting etc in the game but this is ridiculous theres no spot in any sport for intentional shots to that area...might as well advocate kicking as a means for fighting:help:

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
Hmm I almost remembered the NHL video of him getting suspended for that spear but I guess it was just a wet dream :laugh:. Sorry about that. Still standing by it though, this should be a games suspension.

Based on your opinion or some basis in reality because I have yet to find anyone suspended for a spear in the last 7+ years. I got bored of looking though maybe you could dig up an example.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Based on your opinion or some basis in reality because I have yet to find anyone suspended for a spear in the last 7+ years. I got bored of looking though maybe you could dig up an example.

this is the point many posters are making though that a precedent needs to be set for terrible shots like this...

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden

Based on the fact that spear jobs could do some serious damage to the future of man :sarcasm: No but seriously, it's dangerous and malicious I have no idea why the NHL suspension comity isnt taking spearings seriously.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I seriously lack the comprehension that a league, run universally by men can sit by and think its alright for other men to commit nut shots.

RadekBong

Sep 27, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Pretty dirty from Tavares, no need for that. If he took exception to the hit it's Zidlicky not some heavyweight, stand up for yourself the right way.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Anyone who says this is not a suspension, Id like to see you get speared like that and then we'll talk!

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Pretty dirty from Tavares, no need for that. If he took exception to the hit it's Zidlicky not some heavyweight, stand up for yourself the right way.

This, if he was upset he barely dodged a legal open ice hit he shouldve acted like a man and dropped his mits rather than throw a stick to the groin....

MadFerIt95*

Honestly Id feel safer if Tavares were suspended the year for this.:sarcasm:

But for real, **** like this happens all the time and never gets suspended. As long as this isnt a trend for JT then just let it slide.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
If the league won't protect the players, the players will have to protect themselves. Dirty spear sure, but Zidlicky's hit was not much different to the one that took out Corey Perry's knee last week.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Gutless move. What a *****.

Since I doubt he'll be punished, hopefully he'll need to answer for that on the ice.

I agree, you have to be a real dirt ball to do something like that to ......

So, what were you saying? Did Sid man up or get suspended for that? Glass house, stones, you know the saying.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
I'm sure some of you are joking but my lord the over reactions in this thread are astounding.

well done gents.

carparkno1

Oct 12, 2011
I'm sure some of you are joking but my lord the over reactions in this thread are astounding.

well done gents.

This guy. ffs it wasn't a nice play at all but the overreacting on here is unbelievable.

I'm more bothered by his **** play of late than this penalty.

I also don't buy the whole "if it was a Swede or Russian they'd throw the book at him". Who makes this up? On what basis do you say that?

I'm not a Canadian, American, Russian or Scandinavian either so have complete neutrality.

Sometimes these discussions become ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad