Tavares spear.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Very dirty. Only 2 minutes is a joke. Suspension worthy?

ImpeccableLimpEnglishsetter.gif

http://gfycat.com/ImpeccableLimpEnglishsetter

Last edited:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
****ing dirty. I know Tavares has sucked it up this season but that just shouldn't be allowed. He should get suspended but he's a star player and a good ol Canadian boy to boot so no games.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Should have been intent to injure. Really petulant from Tavares.

Toss him a game and be done with it.

Banana Sandwiches

Jul 18, 2011
Part of me doesn't like the spear/splash given to where it happened on Zidlicky (and it was a bad time for Tavares to take a penalty). But part of me likes seeing Tavares get mad and stick up for himself.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
What was Tavares so mad about? Did he think it was a knee on knee by Zidlicky?

I think it was just he has been frustrated about his play as of late. That should've been a 5 for spearing and that could be a suspension.

Tell you the truth, I almost want a game suspension on JT. Hopefully that will be his wake up call to take his head out of his ass and be the elite player he could be.

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
very dirty play, but he is Canadian star player it will get swept under the rug, now if he was a swede or russian that's 1 or 2-game suspension for sure

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
I'd like someone to get a clip of it and post.

I may be in the wrong here going off of memory but it looked like Zidlicky hit him low (JT has a weak knee) and maybe JT didn't like it so retaliated with the spear.

Again I am not condoning or defending JT, gotta see the clip again but as an Isles fan I hope he doesn't get suspended :P

Islanders1932

Jul 16, 2006
Long Island
www.beyondthetestprep.com
I think Tavares deserves a game for that. You can't do that no matter what. I know he got injured and doesn't like being hit especially like that but that was a suicide pass and I don't think the Devils player was trying to hit him like that. There's no excuse for spearing a guy there.

Very surprised to see Tavares do that, he needs to control himself there. He is supposed to be a leader and teammates look up to him.

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
What was Tavares so mad about? Did he think it was a knee on knee by Zidlicky?

as an Islander fan I am thinking JT is upset he is in a scoring slump, shows where his head is when there is under 2 minutes in a tight game and he takes a penalty like that, reminiscent of Chris Simon 8 years ago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->