Tavares spear.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
I mean he's nit getting suspended but something is not right with Tavares. He's off. Big time. It wouldn't hurt for the league to sit him down because he needs some time off from hockey in my opinion, he is becoming a complete liability on the ice.

janecky

Oct 8, 2005
Helsinki, Finland
I'm sure some of you are joking but my lord the over reactions in this thread are astounding.

Someone needs to invent a new word for the dictionary that means overoverreaction.

original.jpg

Refs should've given Tavares a major penalty, but that's about it. If they saw it, they might have been unsure about the nature of Zidlicky's hit and gave Tavares only a minor penalty as a result.

Davebo*

Funny guy right there.

Just last spring Milan Lucic was suspended for spearing, this was just as malicious as that spear.

No - you're wrong.

He got fined - so I expect that's all Tavares will get. Unless this league has a double standard... :sarcasm:

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
What JT did last night was way too Crosby-like for my liking. He needs to be better than that.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Definitely should have been a game misconduct and probably get a game or two from the league.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
What JT did last night was way too Crosby-like for my liking. He needs to be better than that.

I hold JT to a higher standard than that, and it definitely reminded me of a typical whiny Crosby retaliation. If it was Crosby, there wouldn't even be a discussion about a potential fine or suspension. It'll be interesting to see what, if any, action the league takes here.

Let's just hope JT can get his game in order and return to playing like JT.

Elvis Presley

Aka #30
Apr 14, 2009
brooklyn
I'd glady take any excuse to hate on the Isles, but for some reason my gut tells me he wasn't TRYING to spear the guy in the crotch. Looked like he wanted to give him a smack, and I assume say something, but ended up hitting him point blank in the goods.

Sucks, should have been a penalty, don't think it warrants a suspension.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Holy ****! He didnt spear him in the nuts, he speared him in the stomach! The Devs player even said so!

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
come again?

Tavares had a breakaway late in a recent game against Minn, and Scandella dove and swung his stick one-handed and slashed Tavares as he was about to shoot. Tavares got the shot off, so no penalty shot, just a 2 minute penalty and no suspension. IMO that slash was worse than what Tavares did last night. It definitely had more potential for serious injury.

I assume most of the complainers weren't watching hockey in the 70s. :laugh:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Spearing between the legs or spearing in the stomach, you're still trying to knock the wind out of the guy.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Holy ****! He didnt spear him in the nuts, he speared him in the stomach! The Devs player even said so!

Yeah, still... he should have gotten 5. We all know it.

Let's hope that was JT hitting bottom. He was unproductive, turned the puck over, and almost gave away a point and an opportunity for 2 with that spear. Horrible game there and his teammates bailed him out. I'm sure he knows it.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Looks like he fell then got up without looking at his surroundings and got careless with his stick and speared him by accident tbh
i kid

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I agree, you have to be a real dirt ball to do something like that to ......

So, what were you saying? Did Sid man up or get suspended for that? Glass house, stones, you know the saying.

classy isles do as classy isles should

I hate to keep posting this video, but, HOW IN THE HECK CAN YOU BACK THIS GUY AGAIN???? Seriously, two wrongs don't make a right and all, but, this is one of a few spears that Crosby has under his belt.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Spears don't get suspensions, oh the horror, so dirty. You'll stop pretending you're offended by this by tomorrow, most only care enough to remember dirty acts by players you already don't like, confirmation bias. Remember when Giroux was suspended for an intentional headshot? No you don't, much like how everyone will forget how they pretended to be salty over this. Back to the crosby threads.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
classy isles do as classy isles should

This coming from a team who employed the likes of Matt Cooke and James Neal for years right? Not to mention your captain is the biggest crybaby in the league. No question that what JT did was uncalled for and classless, and could have cost them the game...but get off your high horse dude.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
Tavares had a breakaway late in a recent game against Minn, and Scandella dove and swung his stick one-handed and slashed Tavares as he was about to shoot. Tavares got the shot off, so no penalty shot, just a 2 minute penalty and no suspension. IMO that slash was worse than what Tavares did last night. It definitely had more potential for serious injury.

I assume most of the complainers weren't watching hockey in the 70s. :laugh:
I saw the Scandella play it was fine and a hockey play. This wasn't but shouldn't be suspended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad