Rumor: Tarasenko

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
From the main board

StlBill said:
I’m no insider lol, but rumor has it from someone here in town pretty well connected with the Blues organization, that something is likely to go down soon with NYI. I’m just hoping Army doesn’t get “Army’d”

I haven’t heard about this. Hope its true​

alwaysBlue

Jan 17, 2018
Army drove Tank's demand up by signing Saad. 4D chess if you ask me.

If we can get Beauviller, this teams window is wide open. I’d offer Tarasenko, Sanford and a high draft pick (1 or 2) based on if we retain.

Saad-ROR-Buch
Beauviller-Thomas/Schenn-Kyrou
Kostin/Neighbors-Thomas/Schenn-Perron
Clifford-Sundqvist-Barbashev

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
If we can get Beauviller, this teams window is wide open. I’d offer Tarasenko, Sanford and a high draft pick (1 or 2) based on if we retain.

Saad-ROR-Buch
Beauviller-Thomas/Schenn-Kyrou
Kostin/Neighbors-Thomas/Schenn-Perron
Clifford-Sundqvist-Barbashev

No.
Perron is still the best all-around winger on this team. NO chance he drops to the 3rd line.

Reactions: Reality Czech

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
SOURCE: Tarasenko was born in Russia.
iu

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Im hoping its Beau and Wilde. I'd give up Tank, Sandford, +, for those two.
Shit, I'd be down for that. I doubt Lou is going to give up that much being the seasoned vet here, but Army doesn't get swindled often, unless it's necessary. I hope Army stands pat on holding onto prospects, but it feels like a situation where Lou probably asks for a guy like Alexandrov, Neighbours, or Kostin in a deal like this, even if we send Tarasenko and Sanford back. I'd prefer to send picks, but I'm interested to see where Tarasenko lands and what we get for him.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I saw where Vegas may still be in the picture for the Blues. A deal I thought about would center around acquiring Zach Whitecloud and Jimmy Schuldt for $2.5 million retention and Tank. He is exactly what we need on our backline. He can play both sides. Definitely a shutdown defender. They have a plethora of defenders on their team. Jimmy schuldt is a older college sign prospect on left d that could push our D core.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Im hoping its Beau and Wilde. I'd give up Tank, Sandford, +, for those two.
islanders have a lot of money to dole out on extending players and have some decisions to make. I'm thinking it may be another roster player due for a big pay day, but Beau is part of the package. we will be eating salary to get Beau I have the feeling....

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
I saw where Vegas may still be in the picture for the Blues. A deal I thought about would center around acquiring Zach Whitecloud and Jimmy Schuldt for $2.5 million retention and Tank. He is exactly what we need on our backline. He can play both sides. Definitely a shutdown defender. They have a plethora of defenders on their team. Jimmy schuldt is a older college sign prospect on left d that could push our D core.

Jimmy Schuldt isn't with Vegas anymore. He signed with Buffalo

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I really cant see the Isles dealing Beauvillier unless he is seeking a contract that he Isles aren't comfortable with. His qualifying offer should be a hair over 2.1M. He has arbitration rights. If it gets that far, who knows what an arbiter would decide. Somewhere in the 4M range perhaps.

Isles have been so close to the Cup Finals the last two years. I would be wanting to add pieces to my NHL roster, not swapping them around. Getting Anders Lee back next year will be a huge boost. Putting all that together, maybe the Blues retain 2.5M and take back some combination of Komarov, Hickey or Panik. In return, Isles send futures to the Blues. Sorokin, Wahlstrom and Dobson are closest to NHL ready. Kiefer Bellows, Samuel Bolduc and Bode Wilde would probably be in the next grouping with 2021 selection Aatu Raty on their heels.

I'd prefer a hockey trade for Tarasenko but I'm not sure one exists. Throw some conditional picks in the trade and add 1 or 2 prospects, retain some salary and take back a contract and call it a day.

Tarasenko (2.5M retained)

to Islanders for:
LD Thomas Hickey (1 year at 2.5M)
*2022 Conditional 2nd Round Pick
1 of Kiefer Bellows or Aatu Raty
1 of Dobson, Wilde or Bolduc

2022 Conditional 2nd Round Pick becomes a first rounder if Tarasenko scores 20 goals or the Islanders make the cup finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad