Tarasenko Is Taking Over

byfuglien

Mar 23, 2014
Europe
Tarasenko is a great player hitting the peak of his current talent, but far more imporantly he shows up and scores OT winners and timely goals (also in the POs.) That "ability" is what makes me all fussy about this kid. Im not that worried about getting a Crosby-point-stacker tally in the regular season, we dont need that to qualify anyway.

The very top players by numbers alone produce lots of points regulary, but the real gems are the ones that , yeah are great during the season, but really showcase their skills in the POs.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
i didn't want to start a thread on this because I think I'd get steamrolled, but if we were to think a little outside the box at this point, what do you think we could get in return for Tarasenko?

UseTheSchwartz

May 15, 2014
Illinois
i didn't want to start a thread on this because I think I'd get steamrolled, but if we were to think a little outside the box at this point, what do you think we could get in return for Tarasenko?

Not enough to cover his value, his potential is enormous and that's too subjective to get accurate assets in return.

Think of it this way, we wouldn't get Malkin, Tavares, Stamkos, or Seguin for him, he's too unproven, even if the season was over. His ceiling could be at their levels or beyond it.

That's just one of many reasons why we should never, ever trade him.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The_limit_does_not_exist.gif

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
He easily could have had 2 goals last night vs. the Panthers. Wired one off the crossbar that Luongo didn't even see... and had a "gimme" on the PP that he just missed.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

The Bruins did something similar and look at them now. Their guy leads the Art Ross race and Tarasenko isn't far behind. You want him to do it on the Blues or on some other team?

od71

Apr 8, 2012
Yeah guys, imagine Tarasenko had played with Benn and Spezza who would have been scoring leader?

BDEuph

Hotty Toddy
Feb 3, 2009
I shall call him...Jesus H. Tarasenko (I got my authentic Sibir and SKA St. P jerseys singed on Sunday...SCORE!!!)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Hopefully 8 years at 7 million. At this point though, just give him a blank check. I think up to 8 million would still be reasonable, but those would have to be some expensive UFA years.

Since there will be RFA years in this deal, Army could keep the cap hit down a bit. Perfect world is the Petro deal, but I don't see that happening, that would be an absolute steal.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I know it's rose colored glasses but Vladi is so team oriented it borderline fake now, I can honestly see him taking a discount so the team isn't gutted to fit him. I could easily be wrong though. Money talks

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
What kind of contract do Blues fans envision him signing next?

Contrary to his usual routine, I do expect Armstrong to go for longer term here. It won't be the Schwartz-type deal, I don't think, not if Vlad gets 40 goals and is a factor in the post-season.

Probably 6 or 7 years, with escalating salaries.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I figured it would be in that range. All his comparables would be in the 6+ range, but the season he is having is outpacing all of his comparables best years by a fair margin. At this point it looks like his best comparable might be Stamkos, who signed at 7.5 after his ELC, and a 91 point season.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
What kind of contract do Blues fans envision him signing next?

Offersheet below 8.4M dosen't cost that lot so it's perhaps his next contract. Of course if the Blues management won't sign him somehow before he becomes available for offersheeting.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I could honestly see him signing the same deal as Pietrangelo. I'd like to get it done sooner rather than later.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Fun fact of the day: Frank has more points than Crosby right now an only one behind Malkin. He's two behind Seguin for the lead.

Ideally I'd love to see an 8x6.5 deal, but realistically you have to give him a blank check. 8 million a year would hurt but if there's anyone on this team that's worth it, it's Tarasenko. He seems like such a team oriented guy that I wonder if he would consider a more team friendly deal to allow us to keep some key players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad