Player Discussion Tanner Pearson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
There is 4800 minutes in a season. 6% is a fair chance?

A player doesn't play 60 mins a game and also the entire game is not 5 on 5

There was 275 mins with Horvat. Let's say on average a 2nd Lind player gets 13 mins of even strength mins on the 2nd line. That equals to about 21 games already. Throw in 105 mins with Petey. That is about 30 games on top 6 mins. Pretending that Virtanen has very a little chance in the top 6 is silly.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
When the Kings signed Pearson to his current contract, the majority of Kings felt that it was a great deal and potential. Great acquisition.

Reactions: bh53

Sneezy

Oct 25, 2019
He has been a surprise, working hard and being in the right place all the time. You never really see him as the highlight guy as we are watching the big names but he has quietly become a workhorse for the team. The Canucks need players like him and Virtanen if they want to go far in the playoffs, especially when the top line gets the top checking line.

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
He has been a surprise, working hard and being in the right place all the time. You never really see him as the highlight guy as we are watching the big names but he has quietly become a workhorse for the team. The Canucks need players like him and Virtanen if they want to go far in the playoffs, especially when the top line gets the top checking line.

He plays a lot like Horvat which is why I think they work so well together.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
When he was in the 70s line he was no slouch, all three were possession monsters. Somehow they lost their chemistry and the whole thing fell apart. I have a feeling once they trade Toffoli, he will somehow regain his form like Pearson. We are very fortunate that Horvat just happen to have this uncanny chemistry with him. Huge break for our organisation and JB.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
He seems to make good defensive plays if he is in the defensive zone. And if he's in the offensive zone, at worst he's hugging the puck to the boards. I don't know if you can win a Cup with a player like that on your 2nd line, but we will probably find out.

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
He seems to make good defensive plays if he is in the defensive zone. And if he's in the offensive zone, at worst he's hugging the puck to the boards. I don't know if you can win a Cup with a player like that on your 2nd line, but we will probably find out.

Could be wrong but I believe he was on the 2nd line for the Kings in 2014 when they won the cup for the second time.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Could be wrong but I believe he was on the 2nd line for the Kings in 2014 when they won the cup for the second time.

The 2014 Kings lines was like this in the playoffs

Brown Kopitar Gaborik
Pearson Carter Toffoli
King Stoll Williams

Yes he was on the second line.

Reactions: maroon 6

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

I think you can, but probably not if he's your 5th best forward unless you have a couple superstars. He was on the 2nd line with the Kings, but was, at best, their 7th best forward. Though, he's improved since then as well.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Pearson has spent most of his career as a top 6 complimentary player. You can win a Cup with him on your 2nd line if he's producing the way he can. Pearson has won the Cup before playing a 2nd line role.

Pearson will not get in the way of a team winning the Cup. If you look at the wingers who played on the 2nd line in the Cup finals, Pearson is far from being a problem.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Pearson is playing better than at any point in his career with the Kings. He said on 'After Hours' that last season, when he gravitated through three organizations and endured a goal-less drought of 20 games or so, was a wake-up. But fits like a glove on the Horvat line and on pace for career numbers.

Makes me think the Canucks should bring in Tyler Tofoli from the Kings. Can't beat that Stanley Cup pedigree.

Reactions: ddawg1950

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Toffoli could be an interesting target. It would all come down to cost.

But back to Pearson, have to admit JB did very well in the LW front in acquiring Pearson and Miller.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
It's clear Pearson is a legitimate top-six player. There's no reason we can't be competitive with him on a 2nd line.

What they could use is some help on Horvat's other wing. As mentioned by others, Tyler Toffoli would be a phenomenal add.

Miller - Petey - Boeser
Toffoli - Horvat - Pearson

...is actually a really good top-six.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Man, can't complain about the Gudbranson trade. Now, before, or ever. What a steal.
I have to take issue with this. More and more these days, I'm coming to the conclusion that the original trade for Gudbranson was poor value. I think more fans will realize this as time goes on.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
It's clear Pearson is a legitimate top-six player. There's no reason we can't be competitive with him on a 2nd line.

What they could use is some help on Horvat's other wing. As mentioned by others, Tyler Toffoli would be a phenomenal add.

Miller - Petey - Boeser
Toffoli - Horvat - Pearson

...is actually a really good top-six.

It would be if Pearson and Toffoli weren’t playing their off wings

I have mixed views on acquiring him, for starters he’s a pure rental and it’s unlikely we resign him next year. We also gave up a first in the Miller trade so I’m very leery of giving up more futures.

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
Pearson is playing better than at any point in his career with the Kings. He said on 'After Hours' that last season, when he gravitated through three organizations and endured a goal-less drought of 20 games or so, was a wake-up. But fits like a glove on the Horvat line and on pace for career numbers.

Makes me think the Canucks should bring in Tyler Tofoli from the Kings. Can't beat that Stanley Cup pedigree.
Sometimes it takes a little shock for the light bulb to go on.
This is a guy who works hard every shift and is a key part of the team right now. If it continues, we start to solidify some realistic thoughts of a meaningful playoff appearance.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I have to take issue with this. More and more these days, I'm coming to the conclusion that the original trade for Gudbranson was poor value. I think more fans will realize this as time goes on.
Disagree. McCann alone is better than Pearson, then we gave up an early 2nd and another pick swap too.

And we had to suffer watching Gudbranson for almost 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad