Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Tanner Pearson - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
26 years old
3.75m until 2021, ends at 28
158 pts in 369 games
Career high 44pts 24g

I remeber him once being a young promising middle six, low end 2nd winger. And his incredible 12 pts playoff run in 2014 to helped LA won the cup.

His production dropped like a bomb as soon as LA lost their centre depth, clearly he’s a complementary player, maybe he will mash well with Bo or EP?

Only 14 pts in 44 games with Pittsburgh this season though, but I don’t kno how they use him so I’ll hold my judgement.

Reactions: alternate

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Good gamble to bounce back 40+ points, I'd think starting with Horvat should be an easy option

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
He probably can't be worse than Gubranson in his role. If he's still on the Canucks roster in 2 years, the Tank thread will likely still be a lively place.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
if he has legs with EP or BoHo and looks good next year, he could return a decent pick at the deadline, good bet he doesn't stay as bad as he looked this year and that's a fine gamble to take

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Good gamble to bounce back 40+ points, I'd think starting with Horvat should be an easy option
Love dumping Guddy, and not having to retain salary. Getting Pearson back (who has two years left at similar dollars) is okay. Would rather have had nothing back, and kept the cap space, but Pearson isn't going to hurt us like Guddy did.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Can’t be worse then Guds, hope he miraculously turns into the player he once was.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Love dumping Guddy, and not having to retain salary. Getting Pearson back (who has two years left at similar dollars) is okay. Would rather have had nothing back, and kept the cap space, but Pearson isn't going to hurt us like Guddy did.

That is pretty fair.Gudbranson starting meant the team was down 1/2 a goal per game, he was all but unplayable. Pearson hurts our cap in the offseason but on ice he's not a liability, even if he's not an asset. Hopefully he can bounce back to 30-40 points, Baertschi replacement upside.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
That is pretty fair.Gudbranson starting meant the team was down 1/2 a goal per game, he was all but unplayable. Pearson hurts our cap in the offseason but on ice he's not a liability, even if he's not an asset. Hopefully he can bounce back to 30-40 points, Baertschi replacement upside.
He actually saves us 25ok in cap in compare to Gud

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Ages ago but I really wanted us to draft him back in 2012 with our 1st (over Gaunce). Over the moon right now.

Should be a solid top 9 forward with us. Predicting a 20 goal season next year (don't quote me LOL).

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
ideally would love to see him on the third line once Canucks add another top 6 forward.

Pearson-Gaudette-Virtanen would be a solid line on a good team.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Would be nice if he can return to a 40pt player.

There is hope he can bounce back he's only had one bad year, after 40ish points the previous 3. If he doesn't bounce back at least Penguins fans were complimentary of his defensive game. The trade is a win in that we dumped a big negative player for a medium negative value player.

Jim's bound to get lucky on one of these reclamation projects at some point.

Hoping he plays with Horvat

He'll get a chance, we don't have many top 6 otions.

Last edited:

jeromemorrow

May 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Thought this chat was about Tanner Person? lol.

What's good about Tanner? Why did PIT give up on him? How is his skating / speed? IQ? Seems like a 'veteran upgrade on Motte?

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Pearson is not a fourth line player. His game really suffered when Carter was hurt earlier this year. Toffoli also having a down year doesn't help, ultimately it's a skating league right now and his clunky skating is keeping him back, winning cups with Kings mean that he could be a Eriksson replacement if it doesn't work out as a Baerschi replacement. Good shot and puck skills, he should get back to a 15/25 guy in our top 6. Sounds like a broken record, he needs Horvats skating coach... It does worry me that he only skated along Malkin for 20 games before being moved down the depth chart in Pittsburgh.

Last edited:

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I'm kinda intrigued to see what Pearson can do with this fresh start with the Canucks. Pearson is still young 26, and used to be a 20-20 player for the Kings. He will likely fill in Baertschi's spot on Horvat's wing, and be given a chance to produce points. The Pearson Carter Toffoli line was dangerous. Pearson always seemed to rack up the points against us. Who knows!, Losing Gudbranson was already a win trade, but actually getting a asset back could make it a complete steal.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I am guessing we see Pearson with EP and Boeser, as Leivo and Roussell will probably continue to ride shotgun with Bo on the second line. Not ideal, but fine for the rest of this year.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
His production dropped like a bomb as soon as LA lost their centre depth, clearly he’s a complementary player, maybe he will mash well with Bo or EP?

This is the key point right here.

With EP, Horvat, and Gaudette here, I feel very comfortable and confident that Pearson will have enough time to get his game back. Like you said - his playoff run in 2014 was pretty damn good.

One question for the readers: Who were Pearson’s Centers in Pittsburgh? Who was he playing with over there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad