Rumor: Tanner Glass Retires/Joins NYR Front Office

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Reading Brooks' article it sounds like the Rangers may be adding more ex-players into the development end of things. I think Davidson had been talking about doing exactly that.

As for Poti--why are we talking about him? If Poti wanted to stay in the business after he retired I'm sure he had avenues he could explore and not just with the Rangers. You don't necessarily get work post-career just because you were a better player. It doesn't work that way. Poti was a better player than Ortmeyer too and Glen Sather, Jeff Gorton, Lindy Ruff, David Oliver, Greg Brown, AV and probably 75% of the coaches, asst. coaches, scouts and other NHL personnel around the league. If he's not doing something like that it's probably because he didn't pursue or even maybe other things like his personality isn't that hot.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Reading Brooks' article it sounds like the Rangers may be adding more ex-players into the development end of things. I think Davidson had been talking about doing exactly that.

As for Poti--why are we talking about him? If Poti wanted to stay in the business after he retired I'm sure he had avenues he could explore and not just with the Rangers. You don't necessarily get work post-career just because you were a better player. It doesn't work that way. Poti was a better player than Ortmeyer too and Glen Sather, Jeff Gorton, Lindy Ruff, David Oliver, Greg Brown, AV and probably 75% of the coaches, asst. coaches, scouts and other NHL personnel around the league. If he's not doing something like that it's probably because he didn't pursue or even maybe other things like his personality isn't that hot.
No one is saying Poti should have this job or a job in the organization. He was brought up as another player who was passionately disliked by a large subsection of Ranger fans.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
No one is saying Poti should have this job or a job in the organization. He was brought up as another player who was passionately disliked by a large subsection of Ranger fans.

Well I wasn't a big fan of Poti's either but I could say almost the same for Chris Drury too. I like him a lot better as a development guy than as a player. On the other end of the spectrum is Messier who was an elite player even by HOF standards but never really wanted to put in the work but wanted to be considered for high profile positions anyway. Glass is staying in the game but it's not like this is some major position and especially if there are going to be a few others just like him as Davidson has seemed to hint.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Well I wasn't a big fan of Poti's either but I could say almost the same for Chris Drury too. I like him a lot better as a development guy than as a player. On the other end of the spectrum is Messier who was an elite player even by HOF standards but never really wanted to put in the work but wanted to be considered for high profile positions anyway. Glass is staying in the game but it's not like this is some major position and especially if there are going to be a few others just like him as Davidson has seemed to hint.
Yeah, very few people seem to have issue with Glass being put in the position, most of this thread is rehashing 2015 debates. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Glass' post-playing career has a Drury-like trajectory.

Reactions: Rangerfans

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Yeah, very few people seem to have issue with Glass being put in the position, most of this thread is rehashing 2015 debates. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Glass' post-playing career has a Drury-like trajectory.

I don't know if I'd go that far. Brooks mentioned that Glass likes to travel and travelled to Europe whenever he got the chance. If he sticks with it and does well enough I could see him becoming a scout especially if he's willing to go all over. Hell as much as Amazing Kreiderman gets around they might want to set him up with some traveling expenses too.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Dude this is the last freaking time I am going to tell you. I am sick and tired of it, enough already, when are you going to get it thru your thick skull.

There's no joking around here, the internet and the Rangers are serious business. You joke one more time and that's it man........

Of all guys to joke about Tanner Glass, who next George Parros?

giphy.gif

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Having a really bad 4th line may not be a huge issue (which is debatable, the 4th line was at least bordering on being a huge issue in 15-16) but its also not a small issue. Especially when you have a coach who rolls 4 lines.

The concept that a team shouldn't fix a problem because its smaller than other problems is absurd.

And the idea that people shouldn't complain about those issues is absurd and also hypocritical. Brent Fedyk and Jeff Toms were the definitions of minor players and minor team issues and people never shut up about them, we still rag on them to this day.

When Zuccarello died in 2015 something tells me it would have been way cooler to have Lee Stempniak in the forward core over a, say, Tanner Glass

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Dis-like is an understatement. I clearly remember fans throwing peanuts at him while he was on the ice trying to get him to have an allergic reaction so he would leave the game.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I don't know if I'd go that far. Brooks mentioned that Glass likes to travel and travelled to Europe whenever he got the chance. If he sticks with it and does well enough I could see him becoming a scout especially if he's willing to go all over. Hell as much as Amazing Kreiderman gets around they might want to set him up with some traveling expenses too.

I'd be all for that

Reactions: CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad