Waived: Tanner Glass (Cleared)

Rick Nash 61

The Best
Jul 6, 2014
New York
Great guy, not so great hockey player. Good luck, Tanner. Hope you find another team to start on (specifically another team in the metro :nod:).

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
The Jesse Pinkman gif summarizes my feelings
4424b6182673d86ec48403820337f7e5.gif

Wolfy*

Since Glass was drafted by the Panthers in 2003 he's played 445 NHL-games, he's -47 and has 653 penalty minutes. Over these 12 years he has the respectful number of 8 goals.

Now I understand why AV laughed when Glass scored one last season.

I do feel a little sorry for him though.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Since Glass was drafted by the Panthers in 2003 he's played 445 NHL-games, he's -47 and has 653 penalty minutes. Over these 12 years he has the respectful number of 8 goals.

Weren't you just advocating for him in the lineup?

*Bob Richards*

I'll never forget the Dallas game where he unnecessarily iced the puck, took a penalty on the defensive zone face-off and the Stars scored on the ensuing power play.

Long live Tanner.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

He has 19 career NHL goals or are you saying his high was 8?

In any case he's this year's version of Ryan Malone. Actually Glass actually wasn't as bad compared to how far Malone had fallen. Still there was no point continuing down this road with him. We don't need him taking up cap space when there really isn't room for him in the top 12. And not that I've been impressed by Etem but he is considerably cheaper and quite a bit more talented.

Wolfy*

Weren't you just advocating for him in the lineup?

He can be useful as a physical player, I didn't say he's important for team success.

But I understand he's not worth keeping because of the limited cap space. Can't do much with 200k, and I believe Diaz is on his way back soon.

He has 19 career NHL goals or are you saying his high was 8?

I just looked at some stats, maybe something was missing.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Imagine the scenes on here if he scored the cup winning goal against us. I know I'd prefer him to remain in the East if he for some reason is picked up.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Onto the next whipping boy who ranger fans whos name they will beat to death on every forum when they lose. Welcome Dan Boyle

Jesper Fast it is ;)

Some people will blame Jesper Fast for not scoring 30 goals while at the same time raving about Miller because of his upside...

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Great guy, not so great hockey player. Good luck, Tanner. Hope you find another team to start on (specifically another team in the metro :nod:).

Yeah--I feel bad. Glass has definitely gotten a lot of flack. Seems like a great guy, but just not a fit on this team. I think he'll be a good influence on some of the guys in Hartford, and, if nothing else, hope he can get a job with another club.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Probably the most laughable amount of vitriol a player has received since I have been following this team. It's like a rich girl complaining that the Ferrari at her sweet 16 party has the wrong rims on it.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Probably the most laughable amount of vitriol a player has received since I have been following this team. It's like a rich girl complaining that the Ferrari at her sweet 16 party has the wrong rims on it.

From the second he signed too lol. No one gave him a chance (not that he deserved it)

m429

Apr 24, 2012
This is exhilarating for many reasons, not the least which because I (hopefully) no longer need to worry about refreshing Twitter to see whether Glass was playing on the 4th line. Now I need to work on the terrors I once felt every time the 4th line stepped on the ice because I knew I had to watch Mr. Glass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad