Waived: Tanner Glass (Cleared)

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Could you imagine how many more points we would have had last year if Glass didn't play those 66 games?

:ipeace

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm hopeful someone claims him. I'm thinking those games he played in were his shot at a showcase for a trade. The Rangers must not like what's being offered and figured this would be the better option.

In all seriousness, the guy has been a good teammate and someone who has consistently given his all as a Ranger. He's never been the most skilled guy but that's not something I'll hold against someone after watching the Dark Ages of the Rangers.

Good luck at your next spot Tanner whether that's in the NHL or AHL.

I am hoping this is the beginning of some other changes coming.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Probably the most laughable amount of vitriol a player has received since I have been following this team. It's like a rich girl complaining that the Ferrari at her sweet 16 party has the wrong rims on it.

Most posters here got what they wanted so hard and so bad. IMO they should just let it go though. Vitriol--when personal almost never does anybody any good credit. A guy who is good enough to play over 400 NHL games--no matter how bad he is at the NHL level--you should respect him as a hockey player. Out of a planet full of hockey players he's very easily in the top 1 %. It takes a lot of work and dedication to do what he's done. He's definitely not in our top 13 forwards and IMO both Gibbons and Megna are better players.....so I'm not complaining about this. It's still the right move.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Tfw no glass
1400113950000-lundqvist-5-14.jpg

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Probably the most laughable amount of vitriol a player has received since I have been following this team. It's like a rich girl complaining that the Ferrari at her sweet 16 party has the wrong rims on it.
If the rims were as laughably out of place as Glass, I sympathize.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
From the second he signed too lol. No one gave him a chance (not that he deserved it)
People were all up on his **** after his first pre-season. Half the forum desperately wanted him to succeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Could you imagine how many more points we would have had last year if Glass didn't play those 66 games?

:ipeace
With Glass: 41-19-6 (109 Pt Pace)
Without Glass: 12-3-1 (128 Pt Pace)

But that's a small sample size, I think it would probably 150-200 points.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
image, pls
8JnrDIN.png

You see, it's a nice car, but there's a pretty obvious way which it could be easily improved upon. Hopefully for the rich teenager it doesn't take 14 months for some action. Perfect analogy. Thanks, Fitzy.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
An honour roll student, Glass also played on several athletic high school teams. He won provincial championships in baseball and hockey, as well bronze medals in the 200 metre and 4x100 metre relay track events.

In all honesty, must be pretty awful to always be the golden boy who's good at everything - sports, education, great family - then get to the NHL and realize your skill is just a shade below what you need it to be. Considering his multi-sport understanding of athleticism, his Ivy League education and that everyone who knows him loves him, Glass may well become a great coach one day.

Superstars never make good coaches because things came too easily for them and they don't understand what it's like for marginal or even average pro athletes. A guy like Glass did more with his career than his talent should've let him do by understanding things better than others of similar talent. That's what a coach needs to do. When he retires, I wouldn't mind if he became at least an assistant coach in Hartford to start and hopefully he can quickly move up to more senior positions in the organization.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The sad parts are...

it feels like the end of an era
joke material just went down exponentially
he still is a 4th liner on any AHL team
he probably needs to be relegated to the ECHL to even score 30-40 points

You're a nice guy who loves his teammaes, just not a NHL player. Good luck.

Glass will be a very good AHLer. To say that he'd score only 30-40 points in the ECHL is nuts. Michael Kantor is scoring at a point per game pace in the ECHL and he can't even notch his first AHL point. Glass would be a superstar in the ECHL if he went down there.

As someone who follows Hartford, I'm pretty excited to see him there. He'll be a key power forward for the Pack. I think he'll help Hartford a lot if he plays there.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
0a89e17c0d1913f3ec9bcf0440d8750d_galleryimage_gallery.jpg

I actually thought Glass was decent in the playoffs, relatively.

I have those same rims on my Jeep, only in gunmetal plasti-dip.

8JnrDIN.png

You see, it's a nice car, but there's a pretty obvious way which it could be easily improved upon. Hopefully for the rich teenager it doesn't take 14 months for some action. Perfect analogy. Thanks, Fitzy.

ROFL

I agree, that is exactly what the Rangers are when Glass is in the line-up. I'm not even sure he is qualified to be waffle rims.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Say what you want but he was very good in the playoffs and was the single guy to ever drop the gloves on the Rangers. Please don't give me the Kreider fights logic as one is it purely stupid. He is a star in the making and can't spend 5 mins off the ice and #2 he is bad at it lol

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He was very good in the playoffs for Tanner Glass standards. He literally set the bar so low, that a ****** performance seemed great compared to his normal play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad