Waived: Tanner Glass (Cleared)

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Say what you want but he was very good in the playoffs and was the single guy to ever drop the gloves on the Rangers. Please don't give me the Kreider fights logic as one is it purely stupid. He is a star in the making and can't spend 5 mins off the ice and #2 he is bad at it lol

Are you ever going to get over the fact that fighting is going the way of the dinosaur in this league? Fighting is fine, but you need to be able to play and add to a team in other ways. Glass was very good in the playoffs, please. What games did you watch? He was very good by his ****** standards and was still the worst player on the team.

The Rangers, Chicago and TB have all proven fighting has no bearing on how far you go in the playoffs or how good a team you have. I'd welcome you to 2015 but you just seem unwilling to come.

Last edited by a moderator:

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Say what you want but he was very good in the playoffs and was the single guy to ever drop the gloves on the Rangers. Please don't give me the Kreider fights logic as one is it purely stupid. He is a star in the making and can't spend 5 mins off the ice and #2 he is bad at it lol

I wouldn't say very good. He was good, he did his job and was better than normal for his skill set. Problem is that his skill set wouldn't crack 16 other NHL playoff rosters. Very good would've meant he popped a couple of big goals in, and that was needed at the time from the 4th line. We'll see how the rest of the league thinks of his "very good" playoffs in about 2 hours.

Agree about dropping the mitts but I don't think thats the Rangers problem. Kreider sucks at fighting as does the rest of the team save McIlrath, but the problem is the killer instinct putting teams away, the power play and getting to the dirty areas of the ice in the offensive zone. Glass couldn't help with any of that and was chewing up cap space.

Last edited:

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Given the automatic ex-Ranger goal against per game, I could see Arizona claiming Glass and inserting him into the lineup on Thursday night. That guarentees them at least two goals: one from Glass and Duke.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
I thought Glass played his best hockey in the playoffs last year. He had 82 games or whatever to practice his wheels at the bare minimum, so his strides and skating looked much better.

However, that does not change the fact that Glass was not an ideal candidate on the 4th line against teams like TBL or MTL.

There were over 300 fights last year. Fighting is *NEVER* going away, it is embedded in the culture of the sport. There is still a need for fighting because it is still a pendulum swinging momentum. However, how a team traditionally utilizes fighting was by having a brute or two on a team. Now, you need to have some pretty wicked skill and be able to drop the mitts when the time is appropriate.

The only time we benefit from Glass is when he did drop the gloves after someone ran one of us, and he took the 5 Minute Major, as opposed to a Top 6 player we have, say, Kreider, wasting in the penalty box.

25 fights in 2 weeks of play into the season, players are always going to drop the mitts.

ocarina

May 23, 2009
Glass will be a very good AHLer. To say that he'd score only 30-40 points in the ECHL is nuts. Michael Kantor is scoring at a point per game pace in the ECHL and he can't even notch his first AHL point. Glass would be a superstar in the ECHL if he went down there.

As someone who follows Hartford, I'm pretty excited to see him there. He'll be a key power forward for the Pack. I think he'll help Hartford a lot if he plays there.

In 91 AHL games over two seasons, he had 25 points. At his age now, (he put up those numbers when he was in his mid-20's), I doubt he'll be anything more than an decent third-liner at that level, likely worse.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

I'm so shocked nobody wanted a free upgrade to their lockerroom leadership!

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Wait. He was waived!? THE LONG NIGHTMARE IS OVER?!??!?!?!?!

I missed this. With all of the Mets stuff going on lately. I missed this. This . . . happiness. This . . . wonderfulness. The . . . feels. Wow. So tingly.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Was hoping he would get claimed. Now the majority of Rangers fans will be in a constant state of paranoia about him being recalled. :laugh:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Not claimed, as much as that is a nightmare for the possibility he could one day return from the depths, it also speaks to how ****ing awful he is that not one ****** or injured team wanted to claim the best locker room guy and tremendous human being to ever lace them up.

Poor Joe Mich must be devastated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->