Tampa has bigger gap over 2nd place than 2nd place has over 17th place

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Anything can happen in a 7 game series but with how consistent they are its getting harder and harder seeing them lose 4/7 comes playoffs.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Unlike the leafs, both teams have gotten out of the first round.

Uh so? The leafs stars were young. Now our time truly begins. What the hell does that have to do with anything.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
They could beat them in the chance of "anything can happen in the playoffs." On paper and based on this entire season they don't stand a chance. Tampa is going to eat that defense alive. And Andersen is kind of a playoff bum.

Don't take it personally - they have and would whoop our sorry asses too.

Toronto has played Tampa very well this season...

But thanks for pretending like you know what you're talking about ;)

LawManN

May 7, 2015
Tampa, FL
Honestly, and I say this with absolutely no experience being a start or pro-athlete, i'd rather play in a big market(CHI, NYR, MTL, TOR, LAK, BOS etc..)

Not that Tampa isn't a big market but it wouldn't be my first choice.
The tax angle alone can save players a crap-ton of money. If you were told you would make 5.5 million a year playing in Boston, or 3.5 million a year in Tampa, seems like a no brainer. But when you add in taxes, fees and the like, your take home in Boston is 2.5 million, in tampa 3.0 million.
Tampa begins to look better at that point, and to be honest, the organization is one of, if not the best in sports from the top on down.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
The tax angle alone can save players a crap-ton of money. If you were told you would make 5.5 million a year playing in Boston, or 3.5 million a year in Tampa, seems like a no brainer. But when you add in taxes, fees and the like, your take home in Boston is 2.5 million, in tampa 3.0 million.
Tampa begins to look better at that point, and to be honest, the organization is one of, if not the best in sports from the top on down.
Meh, I don't really care about money. I could go do the exact same job I do now for a lot more money elsewhere but I like my city. That being said I agree TB is a great org and I totally understand why some players go after the money. Just not the same for everyone.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Meh, I don't really care about money. I could go do the exact same job I do now for a lot more money elsewhere but I like my city. That being said I agree TB is a great org and I totally understand why some players go after the money. Just not the same for everyone.

It's not that players are going after the money. It's that Tampa can pay them a lot less and they still will get the same amount of money.

Take taxes in to consideration and Tampa is playing with a 95+million* dollar cap.

*this number is in no way correct. Just a wild partially educated guess.

Reactions: Braun

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Toronto has played Tampa very well this season...

But thanks for pretending like you know what you're talking about ;)

Right. Like last year Toronto played Boston well all year. And Boston played Tampa well all year.

I saw the Leafs in the playoffs last year. I saw Tampa. I've seen most of Toronto and Tampas games this year. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about as much as you do. But thanks for patronizing me.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Right. Like last year Toronto played Boston well all year. And Boston played Tampa well all year.

I saw the Leafs in the playoffs last year. I saw Tampa. I've seen most of Toronto and Tampas games this year. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about as much as you do. But thanks for patronizing me.

I feel bad for your eyes, it looks like a damned Leafs practice game. Hopefully the Bolts wear their ugly black unis next time only so it doesn't look like the Leafs.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018

This is not the same Leaf team that you saw in the playoffs last year...

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Come on dude, look at your team! If you don't win, it is because something internal went wrong.

Just like the 95-96 Wings. I mean, they set an NHL record, but really that only means they sucked for not winning a cup.

This argument is always so ridiculous. It somehow gets played up as if it's a bad thing to have a huge regular season. Whatever. If we win, I'll be ecstatic, but if we don't, we're not exactly the Oilers because we failed to meet expectations.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00